SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:41 PM
Vermont
Joined Mar 2002
2,706 Posts
FAQ for true newbie?

Does anyone have an FAQ appropriate to send the people that walk up while you are parkflying and say they want to get into rc planes but know nothing?

The ezone FAQ has a lot of info, but some seems dated and it is too much for the average joe.

The forums are great, but even more overload.

Generally these people have just seen someone who has been at it for a while do a fairly decent job of flying a plane in conditions that a newbie should avoid (like 10+ mph winds). Just telling them it is harder than it looks always gets me a blank stare. I also hate telling people they need a newbie plane because I know some may outgrow it quick. I even had a problem advising someone to get a slowstick because without modding the thrust line they have a tendency to pitch up and a new person may not be able to recover (as in the case I advised).

I am not a teacher and I know this. I don't know any other pilots that I could send people to so I would really like to find a decent FAQ to keep them from making too many buying or flying mistakes.
fdisk is offline Find More Posts by fdisk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2003, 01:54 PM
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,352 Posts
I'd refer them to the Training forum here on E-Zone. There are several "sticky" posts at the top of the page that contain a great deal of useful info.

--Doug
dk944s2 is offline Find More Posts by dk944s2
Old Sep 25, 2003, 02:07 PM
Vermont
Joined Mar 2002
2,706 Posts
Great call Doug, thanks.
fdisk is offline Find More Posts by fdisk