HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by turboparker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:08 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,166 Posts
Discussion
Losi 1/24th-scale Micro SCT

I was looking to add some variety to my indoor RC options when the wx isn't fit for flying. So, I decided to pick up a Micro SCT.

After verifying that everything worked correctly, I changed the battery connector over to the UMX Beast/Sbach/Stryker 180/Gee Bee connector, so I can use my existing homebrew Hyp 240 mAh 2s packs.

I really enjoy driving it around the living room. The hardwood floors make it challenging, despite the full-time 4WD - however drifting through the turns is a blast! The surprising thing to me is how well the suspension w/adjustable oil-filled shocks works on less-than-ideal surfaces outdoors - such as rough asphalt. The suspension really soaks up the bumps. It's easy to hold a line with the stock tx even @ WOT with a 2s Hyp pack.

I plan to do the Spektrum 2.4 GHz/brushless conversion when it becomes available.

I decided to try some on-board video, using my trusty #3 keychain cam. The video is much smoother than I thought it would be at this scale, considering how bad it was on my Micro-T. Watch for the flip @ 4:20.

Losi Micro SCT - on-board video (7 min 20 sec)

Here's a hatcam clip. Watch what happens at 2:10. Sure is a fun little truck, however I am definitely going brushless when the Spektrum 2.4 GHz conversion kit comes out.

Losi 1/24th-scale Micro SCT - having fun on asphalt (6 min 36 sec)

EDIT 12/04/11:

Messing around with the SCT in the snow. I just finished breaking-in a new stock replacement motor. This is the first run with the new motor. It seems to be significantly faster than the original, which I did not take the time to break in before I switched to 2s LiPo.

Losi Micro-SCT on 2s in the snow (8 min 2 sec)
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Dec 04, 2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added new video
to remove ads between posts