HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 25, 2003, 05:22 AM
Registered User
aeropuppy's Avatar
Joined Nov 2002
393 Posts
Beware additional charges @ http://www.allerc.com/

I just ordered a Formosa @ http://www.allerc.com/ tonight via paypal and was charged $45.99 plus $4.49 shipping which I thought was fair. A couple hours later I get this email:

"Since you are only ordering an airplane kit, there will be an additional shipping charge of $5.35 to your Seattle address. Please paypal me the funds at ebuyitnet@aol.com. Please add ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES FOR MY ORDER in the payment remarks section."

I canceled my order since I consider it price gouging to expect a customer to pay more $ for not ordering more than 1 item -and besides, this policy was not stated on thier website


I don't know how but I missed the red print above the airplane section stating the additional charge policy - my fault completely - sorry if I caused any problem on this account.


I extra charge after a transaction does strike a nerve with me and I would not have ordered if I had seen this policy.
This reminds me of the $1.75 charges that have appeared on my bank statement for using a no-fee ATM. The no-fee ATM was a competing bank's and there was truly no-fee charged by the competing bank however my bank charges for using any other ATM. It's within their rights to charge whatever they like however I want to see a warning on the ATM screen and especially on the receipt! I think we are all tired of bills popping up for things we thought we paid for in full.
aeropuppy is offline Find More Posts by aeropuppy
Last edited by aeropuppy; Sep 26, 2003 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2003, 07:29 AM
MKH
Registered User
Ohio
Joined Mar 2000
2,597 Posts
Re: Beware hidden charges @ http://www.allerc.com/

Quote:
Originally posted by aeropuppy
I canceled my order since I consider it price gouging to expect a customer to pay more $ for not ordering more than 1 item -and besides, this policy was not stated on thier website
This policy is noted on their site, if you click on "Order" in the menu on the left side of their main page. It applies to ordering only a kit. But, if you didn't see it, and/or don't agree with it, you certainly have the right to change your mind, and cancel the order.
Marcus
MKH is offline Find More Posts by MKH
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 07:33 AM
Registered User
Lubbock Texas
Joined Nov 2002
459 Posts
It seems pretty fair to me. It costs more than $4.49 to ship a box of that size.

Lee
elp914 is offline Find More Posts by elp914
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 07:38 AM
Enter clever saying here~
Park_IT's Avatar
Michigan
Joined Mar 2003
494 Posts
Most vendors I've dealt with have a similar policy because the box is oversized; thus costing more to ship. When I ship a box HALF the size of most of these kits, it runs at least $8 UPS ground - not including packing materials.
Park_IT is offline Find More Posts by Park_IT
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:17 PM
717
Registered User
717's Avatar
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2003
1,526 Posts
I agree with both sides here.

The vendor should charge the required shipping and not take a loss. Yet, the consumer has the right to feel gouged if he was given an intitial lower quote and then later asked for more, especially if the consumer does not (and should not be required to) understand the actual shipping cost involved.

Although I usually try to find the shipping policies on every website, it can be an elusive piece of information to find at times.

Bottomline- It's sounds to me like a simple miscommunication on both parties and terminating the transaction was the best way to end it.
717 is offline Find More Posts by 717
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:22 PM
United States, AZ, Apache Junction
Joined Sep 2002
268 Posts
Re: Beware hidden charges @ http://www.allerc.com/

Quote:
Originally posted by aeropuppy
I just ordered a Formosa @ http://www.allerc.com/ tonight via paypal and was charged $45.99 plus $4.49 shipping which I thought was fair. A couple hours later I get this email:

"Since you are only ordering an airplane kit, there will be an additional shipping charge of $5.35 to your Seattle address. Please paypal me the funds at ebuyitnet@aol.com. Please add ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES FOR MY ORDER in the payment remarks section.


Sincerely,

David Sobel
Ebuyitnet
All e RC
PO Box 50551
Mesa, AZ 85208-0028
www.allerc.com"

I canceled my order since I consider it price gouging to expect a customer to pay more $ for not ordering more than 1 item -and besides, this policy was not stated on thier website
Aeropuppy:

I promptly refunded your money. As I stated in my email when you requested the refund, the policy is very clear on my site. Here is a copy of the email I sent you since I know you won't be posting anything positive. I feel like I have dealt with this in a professional manner yet you continue to bash our company on these boards for a simple misunderstanding since you did not read the policy. In the future, I and all the other vendors would sure appreciate a brief period to explain what is going on via private email to work our problems or issues that arise from sales before one blows up and bashes said company on a public message board. We have been in business for 2.5 years and this is the first bad thing said on a message board about our company to my knowledge. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction. I am sorry you are unhappy and hope I can earn your business in the future. Here is the email I sent:

Robert:

I am sorry you feel that way. However, the policy is clearly written on my site. Since there is no way for me to have Paypal automatically figure out shipping charges based on weight/size, I had to put that policy in effect since it costs me $8.00 to ship an airplane kit plus the $2.00 for the box I put it in. We are a small business and we do our best to give the best prices to all customers however, we were losing money on airplane kits when someone just orders that so we instated the policy. It is on the top of the airplane page and reads as follows:

Please note: Due to the excessive size of most airplane kits, if you are ordering an airplane kit(s) only, additional shipping charges will apply. These charges will not exceed $7.00 to all US Destinations. Please contact me prior to ordering if this applies.

It is in red text and I base the additional shipping charge on what UPS charges me.

It is also on the order page just below the shipping charges graph and is in blue text.

Please Note: If you are purchasing an aircraft kit only, additional shipping charges will apply and you will need to contact us prior to ordering. The additional charges will not exceed $7.00 for all 48 contiguous United States.

Because of the issue with not being able to charge additional shipping automatically through Paypal, I have been working on a shopping cart program that will also allow customers to pay me with either Paypal or use their credit card. That will definitely clear up this issue since there are modules for UPS and USPS shipping that will automatically calculate it for me. I am very sorry you were disappointed with our policy but I hope you will give us a try in the future when we have something that suits your needs. I will refund your money right after sending this email so you should see it in your Paypal account very soon. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

David Sobel
Ebuyitnet
All e RC
PO Box 50551
Mesa, AZ 85208-0028
www.allerc.com
ALL e RC is offline Find More Posts by ALL e RC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Provo, Utah, United States
Joined May 2002
750 Posts
I don't think the customer was being unreasonable here. When you shop online, you don't expect to receive a follow-up email asking for more money. That's "weird" enough that you wouldn't think to look for something like that in the policies page either. The vendor should make the process work in a way that makes sense to their customers, and it appears that David agrees with this and is taking steps to prevent this confusion in the future.
utahrc is offline Find More Posts by utahrc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 01:20 PM
Registered User
Central California
Joined Aug 2003
1,137 Posts
This is what the order page says in great big letters:

Please Note: If you are purchasing an aircraft kit only, additional shipping charges will apply and you will need to contact us prior to ordering. The additional charges will not exceed $7.00 for all 48 contiguous United States.

I did business with AlleRC recently and my order arrived lightning quick, shipping is reasonable and there is no shipping charge for orders over $100. I will do business with AlleRC again.

Regards to all.
Ledbetter is offline Find More Posts by Ledbetter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 01:27 PM
United States, AZ, Apache Junction
Joined Sep 2002
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by utahrc
I don't think the customer was being unreasonable here. When you shop online, you don't expect to receive a follow-up email asking for more money. That's "weird" enough that you wouldn't think to look for something like that in the policies page either. The vendor should make the process work in a way that makes sense to their customers, and it appears that David agrees with this and is taking steps to prevent this confusion in the future.
I didn't say he was unreasonable, just a bit overzealous in posting flames about our company without working out something first and entitling a thread "Beware hidden charges"

There are no hidden charges, the policy is in two places. At the top of the airplanes page (where the additional shipping applies to) and on the order page (where the shipping policy is spelled out).

Paypal's shopping cart is limited and there is only so much I can do with it. I also have no way to charge additional shipping for international orders. Most International buyers always contact me first and if they don't I never receive complaints when asking for additional shipping funds since it is spelled out on the site (order page) and have never received any posts on a public forum about my unfair business. As I said, I am sure I am not the only vendor who tries to keep their customers happy and would have worked something out before this post should have ever become a reality.

Sincerely,

David Sobel
www.allerc.com
ALL e RC is offline Find More Posts by ALL e RC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 02:23 PM
Stress Be Gone
GBR2's Avatar
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,404 Posts
I've ordered from Dave in the past and have always had excellent service from him. The customer got his money back promply with no hassle, the shipping policy is not hidden and I think it does a dis-service to All e RC to say that it is price gouging. I hardly think it is Dave's fault if the customer doesn't read throughly.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 02:36 PM
Registered User
Lubbock Texas
Joined Nov 2002
459 Posts
I to have orderd from Dave many times I found him great to do buseness with. One order was a slow stick. I READ the shipping policy posted in RED at the top of the page and had no problem paying for the shipping.
As GBR2 said it IS NOT Dave's fault if some one DOES NOT read it before they order.

Lee
P.S.
Allerc is one of the best E-shops out there. Right up there with Air-craft world and Aireomicro.
elp914 is offline Find More Posts by elp914
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:04 PM
Registered User
aeropuppy's Avatar
Joined Nov 2002
393 Posts
Re: Re: Beware hidden charges @ http://www.allerc.com/

Quote:
Originally posted by ALL e RC
Aeropuppy:

I promptly refunded your money. As I stated in my email when you requested the refund, the policy is very clear on my site. Here is a copy of the email I sent you since I know you won't be posting anything positive. I feel like I have dealt with this in a professional manner yet you continue to bash our company on these boards for a simple misunderstanding since you did not read the policy. In the future, I and all the other vendors would sure appreciate a brief period to explain what is going on via private email to work our problems or issues that arise from sales before one blows up and bashes said company on a public message board. We have been in business for 2.5 years and this is the first bad thing said on a message board about our company to my knowledge. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction. I am sorry you are unhappy and hope I can earn your business in the future. Here is the email I sent:

Robert:

I am sorry you feel that way. However, the policy is clearly written on my site. Since there is no way for me to have Paypal automatically figure out shipping charges based on weight/size, I had to put that policy in effect since it costs me $8.00 to ship an airplane kit plus the $2.00 for the box I put it in. We are a small business and we do our best to give the best prices to all customers however, we were losing money on airplane kits when someone just orders that so we instated the policy. It is on the top of the airplane page and reads as follows:

Please note: Due to the excessive size of most airplane kits, if you are ordering an airplane kit(s) only, additional shipping charges will apply. These charges will not exceed $7.00 to all US Destinations. Please contact me prior to ordering if this applies.

It is in red text and I base the additional shipping charge on what UPS charges me.

It is also on the order page just below the shipping charges graph and is in blue text.

Please Note: If you are purchasing an aircraft kit only, additional shipping charges will apply and you will need to contact us prior to ordering. The additional charges will not exceed $7.00 for all 48 contiguous United States.

Because of the issue with not being able to charge additional shipping automatically through Paypal, I have been working on a shopping cart program that will also allow customers to pay me with either Paypal or use their credit card. That will definitely clear up this issue since there are modules for UPS and USPS shipping that will automatically calculate it for me. I am very sorry you were disappointed with our policy but I hope you will give us a try in the future when we have something that suits your needs. I will refund your money right after sending this email so you should see it in your Paypal account very soon. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

David Sobel
Ebuyitnet
All e RC
PO Box 50551
Mesa, AZ 85208-0028
www.allerc.com

David,

I don't know how but I missed the red print above the airplane section stating the additional charge policy - my fault completely - sorry if I caused any problem on this account. Your reply was quick, courteous and professional and you have refunded my money ASAP.
Sorry for any misunderstanding I may have caused and Sorry you feel I would not be posting anything positive - I don't believe in shouting about an injustice and then keeping quiet when I learn I'm wrong.

Bob
aeropuppy is offline Find More Posts by aeropuppy
Last edited by aeropuppy; Sep 25, 2003 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Lubbock Texas
Joined Nov 2002
459 Posts
Good for you Bob. Your a stand up guy.

Lee
elp914 is offline Find More Posts by elp914
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Lubbock Texas
Joined Nov 2002
459 Posts
P.S.

Next time you need something give Dave a nother chance. I asure you you will not regret it.
elp914 is offline Find More Posts by elp914
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 05:07 PM
MKH
Registered User
Ohio
Joined Mar 2000
2,597 Posts
Good for both of you, for keeping the peace, and a lesson for us all. Always search a website for info on shipping, ordering, and returns, before you place your order. The policies differ from vendor to vendor, and you can get caught by them if you are unfamiliar. I know I have. That reminds me, I have another vendor to thank, but that will be a different thread.
Marcus
MKH is offline Find More Posts by MKH
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.9624/dn/default.cfm mrlepp Parkflyers 2 Nov 13, 2002 04:08 PM
Creating backup parts.. http://www.gmfoam.com ?? jrotor Foamies (Kits) 6 Sep 19, 2002 06:50 PM
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13932 markdam Sport Planes 0 Oct 13, 2001 06:41 PM
is http://www.modelresearchlabs.com/ still in business? rayc Parkflyers 0 Jun 18, 2001 03:34 PM