HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sir_clive, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 04:11 PM
More coffee, please!
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jul 2011
646 Posts
Build Log
AXN Floater Jet / Clouds Fly Wing Retention System

This is a mini blog of my Wing Retention System for the AXN Floater Jet / Clouds Fly.

I read a lot suggestions about the retention system, but I somehow didn't like any of them. So I set out to make an Ultimate Wing Retention System! I think I did quite well... those wings ain't going ANYWHERE I don't want them to go!

Basically, I re-enforced the wings with pieces of wood, drilled a hole, put a carbon rod through it, stick a piece of steel wire, bent it, took another piece of wire, bent it into a clamp, and that's it.

Here the details. Just remember to work as precise as you can, and the result will be really nice to look at AND it will do the job perfectly.
sir_clive is online now Find More Posts by sir_clive
Last edited by sir_clive; Nov 13, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:03 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,780 Posts
Great idea but the hook and rubber bend does not require any mods except just gluing the hook to the wing.
But I really like your idea, may incorporate in another plane
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:09 PM
More coffee, please!
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jul 2011
646 Posts
Thanks! I was afraid whether glue would hold for longer periods of time, given that it must constantly counteract the static load of the rubber bands (I keep my wings on almost always, even when not flying)
sir_clive is online now Find More Posts by sir_clive
Old May 10, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
94 Posts
This is how I hold my wings on. Works great.
john50049 is offline Find More Posts by john50049