HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:38 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Mini-HowTo
How to bind FlySky/Turnigy 9X.

Some asks this question without even reading the manual. Read the manual thoroughly.

9X is an advanced and complex computer radio. If you don't know how to set up this radio, you can't use it even after it is bound.

9X binding procedures:

1. Plug bind plug into battery socket in receiver.

2. Plug battery to any slot. Red LED blinks ready to bind.

3. Push and hold bind button on TX while switching it on.

4. Hold until red LED on receiver stops blinking. Takes one or two seconds.

5. Turn off RX first and then TX.

6. Remove bind plug.

7. Plug battery to battery slot.

8. Turn on TX first and then RX. Now ready to fly.

Before binding, TX must be set in PPM modulation. Radio will not bind if TX is in PCM. After setting in PPM, turn TX off and on again and check if it is set to PPM.

Above instruction applies to Hobby King 6ch receiver, V2, and Hobby King 8ch receiver, V1, which do not have bind post but only battery post.

8ch receiver, V2, has separate bind post and battery post. Therefore, plug binding plug into binding post and battery to battery post. Do not forget to remove bind plug after RX is bound to TX.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Last edited by John Kim; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:59 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Sep 2008
359 Posts
John,

I don't know how old your receivers are but the requirement to plug the bind plug into the battery port does not hold true in all cases. That situation did exist with the Turnigy 9X receivers more than a year ago but was rectified. I personally have 7 of the 8 channel Turnigy receivers and they all bind with the bind plug in the bind port. It all depends on the age of the receiver so if there is a binding issue it should be tried both ways.
crazy8s is offline Find More Posts by crazy8s
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:53 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i have 4 and the last 3 have battery and bind pins shorted together with a glob of solder but not true of the one i got last year. probably best to follow the crazy advice.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:24 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8s View Post
John,

I don't know how old your receivers are but the requirement to plug the bind plug into the battery port does not hold true in all cases. That situation did exist with the Turnigy 9X receivers more than a year ago but was rectified. I personally have 7 of the 8 channel Turnigy receivers and they all bind with the bind plug in the bind port. It all depends on the age of the receiver so if there is a binding issue it should be tried both ways.
The above instruction came from an old manual.

I reexamined receivers and found out that Hobby King 6ch receiver, V2, and also 8ch receiver, V1, do not have bind post, only battery post while Turnigy 8ch receiver, V2, has separate bind post and battery post. Therefore, above instruction applies to 6ch receiver and 8ch V1.

The above instruction was revised accordingly. Thanks for your advice.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Last edited by John Kim; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 13, 2014, 06:37 PM
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
does it have to be the ni-cid battery its supposed to come with? because when I got mine, it didnt have any of those batteries.
Shaka tech is offline Find More Posts by Shaka tech