Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:02 PM
SamuelS94
UK
Joined Oct 2008
57 Posts
Discussion
Scale Civilian Pilot figures ??

Anyone know of any light weight scale civilian pilots to go into my 55" EP cessna 182 model.

Doesn't have to be a full dummy, down to the waist is fine, but has to be scale.

Thanks
sam-smith is offline Find More Posts by sam-smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
Suspended Account
United States, PA, Grove City
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
I've found the military action figures to work reasonably well, if you find one that isn't "overdone" with accessories that would make it not look convincing as a pilot. There does seem to be a lack of scale pilots, with anything more than a small amount of the chest included with the bust. You probably would want them only down to the waist, as the solid plastic moldings get heavy.

I've also given into adding balsa torsos to pilot figures such as Williams Brothers. Form them as a box with tri-stock corner inserts for sculpting latitude, and it does not add much weight after. At your span, the small WB pilot figures may be just about right.
Bill
Onna Vakkation is offline Find More Posts by Onna Vakkation