Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:24 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
Discussion
Simulator problems with turnigy9x (frsky DIY soldered) ER9x

Hi Guys.

I was hoping someone would help me.

I have a turnigy 9x with the frsky module soldered to board. It's runing er9x firmware.

I can't get the Tx to work with FMS or the phoenic demo. I have tried with the phono cable and ppjoy/SPP. I get a continuous audio output but FMS does not detect any stick movements. This is with a 4ch model selection with 4ch output in setup.

I have also bough a phono-USB cable. It states that it is compatible with most transmitters for use with FMS. But again no luck.

I have read the several threads and understand that with frsky I do not need to solder a resistor.

Could it be a driver issue?

thanks,
bhavik
bhavikshah is offline Find More Posts by bhavikshah
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:29 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,093 Posts
Try reducing the number of channels. Bottom of the second model setup page.
(First one after the model select page)

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:35 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
Thanks for your reply Pat.

Its allready at 4 channels. I can't reduce it any further. (?Proto PPM)

One other thing ive noticed is that when I plug in the connector win7 automatically installs as USB input device and not a joystick or game controller. I wonder if that is how it is supposed to be.

Bhavik
bhavikshah is offline Find More Posts by bhavikshah