HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:53 PM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
I've used a product called liquid tape on some other kinds of electronics.
It just brushes on but dries to a kind of vinyl looking rubbery consistency.
Don't know if they sell such a thing in the UK, but I'd have to imagine that there is something similar available.
I think I've heard of something like that ...... I'll check it out at our local electronics store ....

ps. UK? ..... where's that .....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:26 PM
swede
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Aug 2005
3,834 Posts
Ireland?
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,044 Posts
I found liquid tape at Walmart and several auto parts suppliers. Here is a link: http://www.liquidtape.com/
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:47 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,067 Posts
I did some FPV with my Albatross today. I'm getting a lot of vibration in the camera. It was jello before but now the jello has turned to fuzz. I must be getting closer. Time for a new mount.
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:47 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC View Post
I did some FPV with my Albatross today. I'm getting a lot of vibration in the camera. It was jello before but now the jello has turned to fuzz. I must be getting closer. Time for a new mount.
How do you have it mounted?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,044 Posts
Albatross Simple FPV Setup

Here is the setup I use on my Albatross that works for me. I hot glued Velcro squares to the sides, the camera has Velcro across the top, and then I use another Velcro strip that goes from one side of the fuselage to the other. The Tx is Velcroed in place onto a piece of a plastic with 3M hooks under the rubber bands hooding on the wing. Takes all of 30 seconds to rig the plane. Note: the back of the camera mount is elevated so the nose of plane is at the bottom of the view.
This is the setup I have used to introduce pilots at my flying field to the world of FPV.
It's a Hobby King 5.8 mHz 200Mw Tx with IBCrazy antenna's on both TX and Rx. I've had this setup out to 3,000 feet but when I have a newbie I keep them within 1,000 feet.
You may notice this is not a standard looking Albatross. I did convert it to a pod mount engine just for FPV. Didn't make any difference in the handling except to make me look good on landings--I carry some throttle all the way to landing. I also figured this winter when the snow is on I'll try some touch and goes. Maybe I'll mount the key chain camera to get footage.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:46 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,067 Posts
I did the pod too. I think the main problem is my gopro is too close to the prop. I'm using a 3530 NTM so I have tons of power and in this case, I think the power might be killing me. I just remounted the camera but it maybe too flimsy now. I'll give it a toss tomorrow and see what happens.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC View Post
I did the pod too. I think the main problem is my gopro is too close to the prop. I'm using a 3530 NTM so I have tons of power and in this case, I think the power might be killing me. I just remounted the camera but it maybe too flimsy now. I'll give it a toss tomorrow and see what happens.
The 3530 is the same one used on the Storm Chaser and the Grim Reaper--I'll say you have plenty of power. My question is do you have jello when you throttle back or glide? If not it's the vibration from the motor. The only question is how to isolate your camera to make it stop. You almost need something as a shock absorber between the camera and the fuselage and still have the camera secure.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:18 AM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,067 Posts
Smooth video when power off. I didn't have a chance to try the new mount yesterday. Too busy filming pumpkins being dropped from a crane on trailer houses and cars. I might have a chance today.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:35 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,990 Posts
Just playing with the HD micro 808 keychain #16D (wide angle) and #16 cameras

I mounted the #16 on the top of my transmitter and shot the second half of the video while flying the plane. It actually came out better than I had expected

More testing with the 808 #16 and #16D HD video cameras (4 min 23 sec)

Same video different edit for fun.

Albatross with 808 #16 keychain cameras (3 min 5 sec)
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Nov 02, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:27 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,834 Posts
Do you have a link for the camera you're using?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:14 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,990 Posts
http://stores.ebay.com/eletoponline365

I have had four of them. The two in the most recent videos are the V2 Keychain 808 #16 and #16 with the D lens.

These have a better light meter and as you can see there are no visible dropped frames.

I have also purchased extra batteries and an external power pack from this same seller.

I understand that there is a problem with aftermarket copies and there are only two dealers that actually have the updated versions.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:08 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,834 Posts
Ouch. That's more expensive than I thought they would be. Maybe I shouldn't have sold my FlyCamOne2 so soon.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:30 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,990 Posts
How much is the flycam2 going to cost? Could it be any simpler? Did you know this can be the camera for a live down feed?

I was looking for a light weight camera and I these only weigh 17 gms. You can see the quality of the video. They are small enough I could fly my Pelican or Scythe with one.

I have bought the $13 variety keychain camera and they aren't bad but nothing like this.

It all depends on the need.
Last edited by Lee; Nov 02, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:10 AM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,834 Posts
I sold my flycam for $35. It's simple. Not as good of video. But you can tilt the lens in flight with a servo , and it has a rx channel switch to turn on and off video or pictures.

I did not know this could be live feed. I'm starting to want an FPV set up. Nothing super advanced. Just something I could still do LOS.

I can't remember the weight, but it was very light. The pelican wouldn't even notice the FCO2.

So, could this one do a simple FPV?