HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2011, 07:51 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
1,075 Posts
Discussion
The FlySky/iMax/Turnigy 9x/Eurgle 9CH radio how many out there?

Hey Guys,

I just ordered a Turnigy 9X a little over a week ago, hope to get it in a couple of weeks or so. Just paid about 40 bucks for it can't wait to get it.

Just wondering, how many of this Flysky ( whatever) product hase benn sold in the last two years or so.

10,000 or more? Just SWAG on my part could be ten times that amount....

Regards,

Bill
Bill Smudge is offline Find More Posts by Bill Smudge
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:42 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
by the zillion.

Because of its low price, even new comers who had never used a computer radio bought this radio and scratching their heads because this radio is an advanced and complex computer radio.

Every one should read the manual thoroughly before he attempts to use it.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 13, 2011, 09:42 AM
Cptn Blinky Broome West Aust
Australia, WA, Cable Beach
Joined Aug 2007
55 Posts
Ive had my Eurgle V1 for over 12 months now. I took a while to get around it, but now its easy.

The only problem Ive found is the early ones have some bad soldering on the switches. Mine were ready to break off..
the V1 modules were made my Fly Sky not FrSky so it has no freq hopping...Im upgrading the modue when its in stock..

Check out RCmodel reviews .com. Bruce gives t a testing.
jaav is offline Find More Posts by jaav
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
Joined May 2005
829 Posts
Well I suspect while quite a few units have shipped, very few people are actually using them every day. Extremely powerful, flexible, open and hackable hardware, a pure delight for many of us. I love the premise of the 9x radio, and enjoy playing with the capabilities of er9x and eepe.

But for many others, it is overly complicated, cryptic, and problematic. Mr Kim says to RTFM, but of course there really is no FM, though that CopterX manual seems the most english-like manual, which is good. RTFM is fine and good, but frankly the stock firmware is clunky and awkward. I'd argue that the radios are really only useful with a third-party firmware, which enables my 9x to do things that Spektrum owners can only dream about frankly. But therein lies the rub of course. To get third-party firmware installed you have to solder wires onto the circuit board. And buy an AVR adapter, and be comfortable enough with the AVR toolset to be able to push firmware to it. Also the Turnigy decision to permanently wire their removable module into the radio was really boneheaded. The 9x really could be positioned as a transmitter unit compatible with any 2.4 GHz system out there via standard modules (DSM2, FrSky, Futaba, etc).
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih