Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Oct 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
ok i like the crawler i may have to get one .
Cool, if you review it give us a shout, we ll post it on the website with your permission .

Pam.
AmazingRCstore is offline Find More Posts by AmazingRCstore
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:07 PM
Car Junkie trying to fly
United States, FL, Deltona
Joined Oct 2005
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
2 of my friends got ripped off but good by these scam artists. Took the money from their credit card and never delivered the goods. Stay away from nitrorcx.com!!!!
I have had good luck with hobbypartz in the past, same company. Actually they are all raidentech owned. Located in California.

So 2 separate people you know both ordered stuff, and did not receive anything?
Y2kGTP is offline Find More Posts by Y2kGTP
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
177 Posts
i have a Helion Animus 4x4 18SC i will sell you for $70 or best offer with two battery's
4x4boy is offline Find More Posts by 4x4boy
Last edited by 4x4boy; Feb 02, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
I have to say I really like the info on this thread. It is exactly what I am looking for... Can anyone tell me if the brushless version of the SCT would be too much for inside my house? I like the idea of the nicer radio and faster car...
Thanks,
John
ridinon0 is offline Find More Posts by ridinon0
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:45 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinon0 View Post
I have to say I really like the info on this thread. It is exactly what I am looking for... Can anyone tell me if the brushless version of the SCT would be too much for inside my house? I like the idea of the nicer radio and faster car...
Thanks,
John
John,

I drive often drive mine in the house! The 1024-step resolution makes a huge improvement in steering & throttle precision, and the brushless setup's low-end throttle response is much more linear. All of this adds up to far better precision than the old 27 MHz AM brushed setup - which really helps when driving in tighter spaces. Plus, she goes like a bat-out-of-hell outdoors on a 2s pack, yet remains perfectly controllable at speed.

Oh - and I'm running the 8750Kv motor with stock gearing.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Mar 25, 2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:55 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,202 Posts
I would say that brushless is good for in the house, for the precision that turbo parker talked about. But don't go crazy. I am running the losi 10250kv motor in mine, with a 3s lipo and it can hit 35mph with insane acceleration. I have to be careful on the carpet in the house because my clutch gets hot
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
Thanks for the info guys!
I ordered a brushless sct from horizon hobby via amazon. It wasn't Prime eligible though so it is coming in 3-5 days . Are there any items I am going to really want after driving it for the first time?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:43 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,418 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info guys!
I ordered a brushless sct from horizon hobby via amazon. It wasn't Prime eligible though so it is coming in 3-5 days . Are there any items I am going to really want after driving it for the first time?
A fistful of quality 2s LiPos! I'm loving my Hyperion 240 mAh 2s packs! I changed the connector on the truck so I can run the Hyp 240 mAh 2s UMX packs that I use in my UMX Beast, Gee Bee, and Sbach. Hyperion LiPos maintain voltage under load better than most brands, and they can be charged at 5c for 300+ cycles before they start to fade.

Here's a clip of me driving it with the Hyp 240 2s pack:

Losi Micro SCT w/LOSB9593 2.4 GHz brushless conversion on 2s (4 min 56 sec)

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
A fistful of quality 2s LiPos! I'm loving my Hyperion 240 mAh 2s packs! I changed the connector on the truck so I can run the Hyp 240 mAh 2s UMX packs that I use in my UMX Beast, Gee Bee, and Sbach. Hyperion LiPos maintain voltage under load better than most brands, and they can be charged at 5c for 300+ cycles before they start to fade.

Here's a clip of me driving it with the Hyp 240 2s pack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA7noll5ags

Joel
Multipurpose batteries sounds really good. Is there anyway to use the 150mahs I have for my mSR?
I've also considered trying out a beginner/backyard electric plane. The ones you mentioned look pretty advanced. It seems some of them would work with my 150s. If i can't retask my 150s in the SCT, off the top of your head, Do you know of any beginner backyard planes that would work with the 240mah packs?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:30 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,418 Posts
Quote:
Multipurpose batteries sounds really good. Is there anyway to use the 150mahs I have for my mSR?
I've also considered trying out a beginner/backyard electric plane. The ones you mentioned look pretty advanced. It seems some of them would work with my 150s. If i can't retask my 150s in the SCT, off the top of your head, Do you know of any beginner backyard planes that would work with the 240mah packs?
You could run a pair of 150s in series, but I'm not sure if they'd fit the battery compartment. Plus, a 150 mAh pack is a bit small for this truck.

There aren't any beginner planes that use the Hyp 240 2s packs, but there is a 24" wingspan Carbon Cub coming out next month that uses them. It's a full-house ship with ailerons & flaps, so it's not a beginner's plane. However, it would be a good aileron trainer. The HobbyZone UM Champ is a perfect beginner's plane, and your 150s are a direct fit. Fly it for awhile, get a decent sim & practice, then move up to the Carbon Cub. The CC is brushless, it has full controls plus flaps, nav & landing lights, there is a set of floats for it, and it's a scale model of a modern ultra-high-performance bush plane. Oh - and it's set up for glider towing. They even make a scale glider for it to tow! It also has a 3-axis inertial damping system that makes it fly more like a large-scale plane, and allows it to handle 15+ MPH winds.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
MetalManMustang is offline Find More Posts by MetalManMustang
Last edited by MetalManMustang; Mar 28, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalManMustang View Post
I found a link perfect for you.

http://bit.ly/GQ7qyw

Elijah.
I did try google and I appreciate your sarcasm. The info in your search results is from 2008-9 and adding 2012 to that string doesnt improve much. Have you heard about this "Home Mortgage and Foreclosure Crisis"? Apparently there have been a lot of foreclosures on homes since there were loose lending standards and people couldn't afford to pay. These easy loans seem to have caused... Ok, I'll stop. You get the point.

Turboparker, thanks again for the helpful and detailed info.
John
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalManMustang View Post
I found a link perfect for you.

http://bit.ly/GQ7qyw

Elijah.
reported post for being a non rc related link and for being ( stupid )
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak