plans for 1/4 scale tanks

are there plans for 1/4 scale tanks? thanks rye
rye 332 is offline Find More Posts by rye 332
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2011, 07:47 PM
to be a thorn in Steve
Joined Oct 2006
88 Posts
nope, gotta buy some blueprints and size them up like im doing for 1/4 King Tiger Im researching for. Im up in Wauconda, pm me.
takevin is offline Find More Posts by takevin
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:28 AM
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
hi try mark1tanks a chap in england is building them in 1/8 1/6 and 1/4 i know there is a tiger and a king tiger in 1/4 scale check out his website at http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/
jagdpanther is offline Find More Posts by jagdpanther
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:44 PM
STEELTANKER
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Sep 2011
16 Posts
Mark sells the tanks he orders from Russia, he just improves some technical details. Do some research. You might be better off building your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdpanther View Post
hi try mark1tanks a chap in england is building them in 1/8 1/6 and 1/4 i know there is a tiger and a king tiger in 1/4 scale check out his website at http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/
BIG TANKS PLANT is offline Find More Posts by BIG TANKS PLANT
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
building my own? u need a lot of machinery i could weld the lower and upper hull together but what about the wheels? the turret and the gun?
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
to be a thorn in Steve
Joined Oct 2006
88 Posts
No you dont need a lot of machinery, just some skill and imagination to do it as I plan on doing a 1/4 King Tiger. Think outside the box a bit, I plan on doing the upper and lower hull in aluminum sheeting same as the turret. The "gun" as you say is just getting creative with finding a source that would similar in size. For my 1/6 stuart that I redid I used a graphite golf club, had the same size but was a longer length. As far as the wheels, I plan on using a 1/16 wheel and using a mold that increases in size to what i need in 1/4 scale. Then use it as a master. Just have to get creative and some skill. If you dont then you cant and save up and a get a overpriced one from above.
takevin is offline Find More Posts by takevin
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
ilike i said welding is no biggie and metal sheets could be done but its the detailing , what i ll find tricky as well is tracks , when u say moulds how would u go about them?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
1/4 tiger 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdpanther View Post
building my own? u need a lot of machinery i could weld the lower and upper hull together but what about the wheels? the turret and the gun?
hello
yeah you can do it your self. get a good model and scale it up. im building a tiger 1 in 1/4 scale i did it all in auto-cad. mine will look like a tiger but i didn't keep 100% true to it. i made a few small changes that will be noticeable to a di-hard tiger guru but not the regular RC lovers. i used good pic's and real measurements from a real tiger. i was going to do 1/8 steel for everything but after seeing how much i would need and the cost i desided to go with 1/2in ply wood. it will take 4 full sheets to make the hull. the wheels i found some that were perfect off a multi cart from Harbor Freight Tools for cheap. the tracks and sprockets im using go-cart sprockets and attachment chain that has a tab with a hole to attach it to a plate. the track plates im using stainless T stock and trimming it down to look good then screwing it to the attachment chain. as for a main gun paint ball guns are popular but im going ether pellet gun or a 22cal with redundant safety measures. use wheel chair motors to drive it and regular servos for every thing else. i can send you pic's of what i have drown up. im starting my hull next week. oh and i can send you all the links to the parts im planning to use. i will have a steel frame to support the suspension and motors but i have a welder. you can do it with bolts instead. let me know if you are interested.
miketlane is offline Find More Posts by miketlane
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketlane View Post
hello
yeah you can do it your self. get a good model and scale it up. im building a tiger 1 in 1/4 scale i did it all in auto-cad. mine will look like a tiger but i didn't keep 100% true to it. i made a few small changes that will be noticeable to a di-hard tiger guru but not the regular RC lovers. i used good pic's and real measurements from a real tiger. i was going to do 1/8 steel for everything but after seeing how much i would need and the cost i desided to go with 1/2in ply wood. it will take 4 full sheets to make the hull. the wheels i found some that were perfect off a multi cart from Harbor Freight Tools for cheap. the tracks and sprockets im using go-cart sprockets and attachment chain that has a tab with a hole to attach it to a plate. the track plates im using stainless T stock and trimming it down to look good then screwing it to the attachment chain. as for a main gun paint ball guns are popular but im going ether pellet gun or a 22cal with redundant safety measures. use wheel chair motors to drive it and regular servos for every thing else. i can send you pic's of what i have drown up. im starting my hull next week. oh and i can send you all the links to the parts im planning to use. i will have a steel frame to support the suspension and motors but i have a welder. you can do it with bolts instead. let me know if you are interested.
PM me
miketlane is offline Find More Posts by miketlane
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:45 PM
chicago
Joined Aug 2008
326 Posts
hi
please pm it to me too thanks
rye 332 is offline Find More Posts by rye 332
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:45 PM
United States, PA, Berks County
Joined Nov 2012
26 Posts
attachment chain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketlane View Post
hello

Not sure if anyone is still subscribed to this thread, but I'm looking for attachment chain and can't find it anywhere. I'm trying to build a simple conveyor for an unrelated project, but need to build something almost exactly like a tank tread. Anyway, I need that flange to attach to which roller chain does not have, but attachment chain obviously does. Any recommendation on sources?
JohnnyRotter is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyRotter