SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:31 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2010
162 Posts
Discussion
best align trex clones

What are the best align clones. Are the blade series the only way to go because of availability of parts at hobby shops?
maq007 is offline Find More Posts by maq007
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:43 PM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
forgive me if im being dumb. when you say clone, do you mean a cheaper heli at the same size ? if so, I would say helimax mx400. I bought one a few years ago. But now, I would spend the extra money to get the better Trex
Dale 813 is offline Find More Posts by Dale 813
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:50 PM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
best Align clone: Chaos
best clone for the dollar: HK
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 02:57 AM
Joined May 2010
134 Posts
The Chaos is a really good clone. I have the 600 and the parts are top notch.

I have the Tarot 450 and that's also a really good clone brand. Parts are really solid.
helicub81 is offline Find More Posts by helicub81
Old Nov 12, 2011, 03:16 PM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
916 Posts
I've heard time and time again that Tarot is the best clone... I've also heard that the kits ClubHeli is selling come from the same place as Tarot.
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:18 AM
Joined Sep 2010
162 Posts
Which of the HK Clones should an intermediate heli pilot consider.. The cheap ones because you are going to crash anyway? or are the more expensive easier to fly and much more durable... metal, carbon fiber, allowy etc. Last, what is the difference between pro, ccpm, se, v2, v3, ... the initials after the 450 other than 3d are a mystery to me..

I'm becoming interested in the clones ie Hk, because I can't get over the price for a kit and the inexpensive parts to complete it.. One last question... do you daire use an orange spectrum clone reciever in a heli? Its not going very far away, but lord... what if?

Maq

Addendum: belt driven? torque tube... is one better than another?
Last edited by maq007; Nov 20, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:06 PM
peoria,az
Joined Sep 2009
491 Posts
the chaos line of helicopters are the absolute best of all the helis mentioned. the chaos haev upgrades of the align to make the chaos Better! thicker main frames better tail section, the quality you get with the chaos is a steal for any sized heli you get! and the customer service is the absolute best out there and I garentee it!
mattox is offline Find More Posts by mattox
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:29 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2011
146 Posts
#1 TAROT....same as align. diff name......#2 chaos.. Nice frame -n- head. Stock always seems to be on backorder #3 HK...Best bang for the buck !! I prefer tt over belt. It's Just a better overall feel and more efficient. But belt is better for rookies = more forgiving in dirt naps.
Izzie is offline Find More Posts by Izzie
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:24 PM
Never Go Full Retard
Sverige, Västra Götalands Län, Dals-Ed
Joined Sep 2011
134 Posts
I would say go for cheap to crash or more expensive and durable anyway you prefer.
But do not expect come away from a crash without damage on the more durables regardless.

Maby put in a little more money on the electrics if you want to save money.

Use the Orange when you practise and hover (do a ground range check if you are uncertain). if it goes to far away what will save your behind is the location you picked to practise. Hopefully you do not injure people or damage property.
(the tip speed of the blades can be up to 400km/h)
Its good to be carefull with you heli and save it when possible but better stay safe and crash it on some occations.

(http://dhrc.rchomepage.com/calc.htm)
1Man1Mountain is offline Find More Posts by 1Man1Mountain
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:09 PM
Joined Sep 2010
162 Posts
Lots of Choices

The sky is the limitt!
You can go extremely expensive or dirt cheap. The HK can be made so cheaply that I'd consider buying 4 kits for parts before I built one. Will the plastic heli fly as well as the carbon fiber or metal if the componets are good enough and the cg correct?
Maq
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
146 Posts
Yes they will. Atleast I'm pretty sure they will. ha...I at times I will take out my hk's with some pals flying ther aligns and guai's And hear them dote on their million dollar machines. the whole time flying/tracking rite up their with them in my hk-500 and or 600. My last words are always yeah now what .. I have only seen one chaos 600 up close and have to say for a clone it is VERY well made...Thinking of going with the 550 when it arrives.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:54 AM
Joined Sep 2010
162 Posts
Does anyone know or prefer the HK450 Pro 3d over the other HK Clones which seem quite similar. It doesn't seem to have as many reviews. Maybe its a newer model for them
Maq
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Oct 2008
105 Posts
IMO I have seen 3 of the HK 450... JUNK!! And yes I do fly Align helicopters!!
DCT1 is offline Find More Posts by DCT1
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT1 View Post
IMO I have seen 3 of the HK 450... JUNK!! And yes I do fly Align helicopters!!
I have known many ppl that fly hk-450's. And are very happy with them. You should take a look at some you tube videos of some hard 3-d pilots stick banging some hk-450's. The quality is not as good as align or gaui. But Dollar for dollar Hk's are great helis For those not into brand names. A crash is a crash and those same parts From a more expensive heli will break same as an hk. If and when they ever put out a 550 or 700 I'm all over it. One mans trash is another mans treasure.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:53 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2011
579 Posts
The HK has quite an attractive price for the kit. I wonder what it costs for the rest of the stuff that you need to make it fly (excluding Tx).

Nomad
Nomad57 is offline Find More Posts by Nomad57