HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:00 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josereyes View Post
Great videos... it did look like at 85 it might have been a bit much... your middle flight look fantastic.. it could have been the wind though....
Yeah the tail wagged quite a bit at 85% and it seemed to be twitchy. I'm going to stick with 80% for now and get a few normal flights on it to see how it does. I was running 80% before when I was flying aerobatics but I reduced the pinion by one (from 14T to 13T) so the headspeed and amps are both lower even though the throttle is the same. I'll get Chuck to tach it for me the next time we're at the field. The stock paddles and a little more expo should do the trick for smooth scale flying.

And yes, it was pretty breezy but I had to test it today!
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 12:22 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,961 Posts
I put the maiden flight on the AS-550 a few weeks ago. It flew fine but was a bit too sensitive for my liking. I changed out the KBDD paddles for the stock Align paddles and that helped a lot. I flew it twice yesterday and despite the windy conditions, it flew well. The video below is from the maiden flight a few weeks ago. Apologies about the video quality; the autofocus on my camera's video mode cannot be turned off and the autofocus "hunts" unless the object being filmed is dead-center. Enjoy!

RC Aerodyne Eurocopter Fennec AS-550 maiden flight (5 min 19 sec)
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans