HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by flyragwings, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:38 PM
RC Paragliders
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Sold
RC powered paraglider

I am selling powered paragliders on ebay . You can visit my ad here....
http://www.ebay.com/sch/specialsdail...id=p4340.l2562

Please see my u-tube vids
2.5 kite v3 gondola (3 min 3 sec)

Thanks
flyragwings is offline Find More Posts by flyragwings
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:42 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
wow beautiful flying place
beercandan11 is offline Find More Posts by beercandan11
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:27 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,072 Posts
Trader Rating: 92
Very shabby video for a Promo video. No pictures of the takeoff procedure, which I would imagine is quite hard. If you expect to get the kind of money you are asking, you will have to do a lot better than this.
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:47 PM
RC Paragliders
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Mr. foambuilder

Thanks, now I know why I'm only selling internationaly.The video at the begining shows it leaving the pavement.
I really enjoy flying these things,i wish there were more of them flying in this country. Most of them i sell on ebay go to germany and the uk.
Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:12 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2008
317 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
I want one... they really look fun... and the club guys would get a riot out of one. Mr. Foam kinda blasted ya, but I ask with respect.. $350 seems like a lot and that's even without the RX and battery! Are there any less expensive options without getting total junk??
Kevinfred is offline Find More Posts by Kevinfred
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:30 PM
Tod
Joined Aug 2007
29 Posts
I think you've done a nice job on this paragliders- my buddy has built one and I've flown it and yours looks top notch.. I know they are very stable for video and fun to fly no airbatic's but its just cool to watch and fly. btw if you can fly an airplane you can fly this.
Tod is offline Find More Posts by Tod
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:31 PM
RC Paragliders
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
You could just get the gondola and supply your own kite and electronics.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110773834270...84.m1555.l2649
I could guide you to the best kite for it.And tell you how to set up the lines.
thanks
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:06 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,856 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
Question of curiosity. Why do you and so many other ebay sellers state "no returns accepted"? How can someone have confidence in buying in this manner? What if it is damaged or missing something?

I ask because in the past I have emailed people on ebay about this issue. They almos t always skirt the real question and answer in a manner that tries to quell my fears without really committing to handling potential problems like that......?
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:26 AM
RC Paragliders
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Dead, it just means we do not want an item back just b/c you didn't like it.You should make sure it is what you want. You still get your investment returned if you and ebay decide the ad was misleading in any way.also my items ship to europe mostly ,the shipping cost is high.
I hope that heps.
thanks
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:36 AM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,072 Posts
Trader Rating: 92
Your video shows some pavement going under the gondola. It does not show how to lay out the chute, and get things going. I stand by my first post. Sorry, but as stated above, that's a lot of money for a gondola. If business is that good, you can afford to shoot another video, and give us some real info
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:01 AM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyragwings View Post
Dead, it just means we do not want an item back just b/c you didn't like it.You should make sure it is what you want. You still get your investment returned if you and ebay decide the ad was misleading in any way.also my items ship to europe mostly ,the shipping cost is high.
I hope that heps.
thanks
It does. I assumed that was the case and I find that to be a reasonable stance. Unfortunately no one has ever responded to me on ebay in that fashion. They have always responded with out really answering the question. The responses, to me, remind me of a used car salesman that wants to convince you to buy without really committing to a proper transaction that gives the buyer confidence.

For example I have yet to receive a response that says "we simply can not accept returns due to the fact that you decide you don't want it, but we WILL handle any and all issues related to broken or missing merchandise". That would give me confidence.

Looking at it from their point of view I guess they deal with people who decide to damage a product themselves in an effort to get their money back on an item that they decided they did not want??? I am not sure. But the refusal from a seller to state in writing that they are committed to insuring that I get a perfectly working item puts me at unease.

Anyway, this little rant is NOT aimed at you. It is just something that I have found frustrating while dealing with ebay and have never quite understood.

Looks like you have a cool product here. I hope you get some new sales going from RcGroups. I would love to see one fly in person!!!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:21 PM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Jan 2008
316 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
very interesting item.
It would be great to see the take off from pilot's point of view though.

good luck with sales
kml.krk is offline Find More Posts by kml.krk
Old Nov 11, 2011, 03:08 PM
RC Paragliders
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
OK ... I have put together a vid to show some take off and landing from some of my past events.
Take off and landings (1 min 40 sec)
Old Nov 11, 2011, 04:01 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,856 Posts
Pretty Cool!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 01:05 PM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,435 Posts
Trader Rating: 292
Why the big price difference between the smaller ARF for $100 and the larger one for $350?
Very interested as these would be great to take with me while I'm travelling in AZ.
bc-slowflyer is online now Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Closed Thread