HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:09 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Discussion
next plane after Ember?

hey guys. i would like some suggestions on what my next plane should be after an ember 2. i have a j-3 cub motor in my Ember 2 so it doesn't go as slow as it does box stock if that makes any difference. anyway, i have been thinking about the t-28. is this a good choice or should i choose something different? oh and by the way, when i buy my second plane, im going to buy a spektrum dx6i with it just to let you guys know.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:44 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,105 Posts
Hobbyzone champ and/or UM T28. Have fun! Get yourself some hyperion 160mah batteries too, way better than the e-flite batteries
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:34 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
t-28 i use tunder power 160 mah 25c batteries and i have vertical in the beginning half of the flight.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:45 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,366 Posts
+1 for the T-28. Good transition airplane to 4 channel. You can tone it down with the DX6i, also buy some 160mah hyperions/thunderpowers as others have suggested. If you want more flight time then buy the 240mah thunderpower or hyperion batteries they work well. If you want to fly for long term buy a couple motor, these motors will burn out over time.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:47 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
okay thanks. t-28 it is then! i will definitely get some 160mah thunder power or hyperion batteries too. thanks for the help guys! i can't wait to get my first 4 channel! oh and how different is it to fly a 4 channel compared to a 3 channel?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:52 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
okay thanks. t-28 it is then! i will definitely get some 160mah thunder power or hyperion batteries too. thanks for the help guys! i can't wait to get my first 4 channel! oh and how different is it to fly a 4 channel compared to a 3 channel?
First off the rudder is on the left stick. That'll take a while to adapt. Also the right stick (was once your rudder turn stick) is now your aileron stick. When turning originally you would hold the rudder all the way. But now that'll cause a roll, so you bank a few degrees and control the turn by adding elevator and ailerons at the same time (similar to before, the rudder can be used to smooth out the turn, but turning just with the rudder doesn't work that well). Remember an airplane is turned by banking, the rudder is not like a steering wheel (unless you have a 3D aircraft, in that case yes the rudder will pivot your airplane around like the rudder of a boat). Good luck! (fly high when practicing new maneuvers.)
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:06 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
I starded out on the t-28 as my first plane. In a resault of it being my first plane i replaced the air frame once. The fuselage was back orderd for about 2 months a bought a night vapor for 50$ on sale and i got my t-28 back ( night vapor is retired because i flew it hard) and i deffently like my t-28 alot better. It also depends if you just like scale flying or if you like aerobatics. I like aerobatics so i was trying to hover, doing rolls, loops, weird flips with all sticks moved in different ways lol. So yea it is soo much more fun than 3ch. Im getting the big t-28 hopfully rack up some money by christmas to get it.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:12 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Yea fly high for sure When i was trying hovers i was no lower than 30ft and also i was on a hill so if i was directly under the plane i would say i was about atleast 50 ft in the air.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:22 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Yea fly high for sure When i was trying hovers i was no lower than 30ft and also i was on a hill so if i was directly under the plane i would say i was about atleast 50 ft in the air.
You can hover with the T-28? That's quite a sight. I can barely hover my Sbach UMX for a few seconds!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:07 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Yea i have only hoverd it for about 4 seconds one time but it was windy and i kept touq rolling alittle bit and i was also up in sky sky alittle bit i should have been lower but next time im going to stand on a hill and try to do it lower and if i can do it well i will get a video and post it.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:30 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
okay thanks guys. thats going to take a while to get used to lol.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:36 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
yea if you beat the airframe up pretty good just repair it till you know you wont crash any more thats exactly i did lol. Its 30$ for a new airframe.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 03:30 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
okay thanks. yeah thats what i did with my ember 2. the tail feathers don't look too pretty lol!!!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:06 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,366 Posts
Quote:
okay thanks. yeah thats what i did with my ember 2. the tail feathers don't look too pretty lol!!!
You can make the tail out of some foam plates and put it one. So far all (except my Sbach, landing it on wheels everything, treating it like a full scale airplane pilot would) my ultra micros have tails that are made with foam plates, those can last longer than the stock ones.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:13 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
really? cool thanks! i didn't know that.