HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2001, 10:54 PM
Joined Oct 2001
2 Posts
want a fast electric jet

i want to get into e jets, i want a speed demon. what jet should i get?
helibug is offline Find More Posts by helibug
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2001, 08:59 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,500 Posts
How much are you prepared to spend?

Do you want an ARF?

Willing to scratch build?

For starters take a look at the Electric Jet Factory offerings. Also EAM.

Lots of place to spend your cash.
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck
Old Oct 28, 2001, 01:05 AM
Joined Oct 2001
2 Posts
hi larry.

i want to spend under 200 for the kit, preferably an arf. i am not ready to scratch build. i like a few jets on ejf, but they dont give you speeds or flight characteristits. i know they leave motor options up tou you and effects its speed and other aspects of the kit. example, click on more info on the kyosho t-33, what info do you get on that kit, motor, speed control, etc., that needs to be purchased to have a complete kit. i would like to get info from the customers. i just found this forum last night, so i will be checking in to read posts. i am looking for a fast, durable, easy building jet. i like the f-16, and seen the pics of that bandit, i like it. thanks larry for the reply..

helibug
helibug is offline Find More Posts by helibug
Old Oct 28, 2001, 10:10 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,500 Posts
Does that $200 include the EDF?

Even the most inexpensive EDF, such as the Wemotek MF480, is about $60 without the motor.

The Kyosho T33, although not fast, is about $120 including the EDF/motor. Add a speed control, radio, battery, etc, etc, and your looking at $200-$250.

Read the posts here in this forum. I think you will find speed = $. Fast EDF's cost $$$$.

IMHO, dollar for dollar a prop driven plane will outperform an EDF any day of the week. But a good flying EDF looks and sounds better than a prop job. The trick is to get a good flyer.

Check out EAM, an E-Zone sponsor. They have a couple of inexpensive, good flying kits such as the Electro Screamer. This is an all lazer cut balsa kit that uses a real in-expensive HiLine Red Flame Blaster EDF (~$30, with motor). For less than $200 (presuming you have a radio) you can have a good flying, aerobatic EDF that hand launches easily and will outperform a stock T33 (note the 'stock') good flyer.

Aslso, take a look at the Flash 74. Do a search here, reportedly a much better flyer than either the T33 and or F16.

Speed=$ in the world of EDF's.
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck
Last edited by Larry Dudeck; Oct 28, 2001 at 10:18 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 11:56 AM
O'Fallon, MO USA
Joined Dec 1999
1,416 Posts
helibug,
I saw the clipped wing (Down to about 35") Flash E-74 from Mark Nankivil fly this weekend. It's pretty fast on 10 cells. You can search for the Flash E-74 under the jets section. Mark sells the kit with the fan and motor for less than $275. Contact Mark for the current price and shipping.

Brad
byoung is offline Find More Posts by byoung
Last edited by byoung; Oct 29, 2001 at 12:01 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 08:14 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,015 Posts
You may want to look at a new EDF jet built by Kevin Matney called "Project X". It uses a MF-480 fan unit and you can cram at least 10 cells into it's one piece, composite, clamshell molded body. Kevin told me that his went about 135mph on an Astro805-2Y and 10-1250 cells. It needs a bungee launch. Very cool looking bird. I want one
Check out: http://matneymodels.hypermart.net and email him for details.
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Troy; Oct 29, 2001 at 08:17 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 08:15 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,015 Posts
And...
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member