HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:01 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregoo View Post
Je verrai bien un remplaçant du blizzard en mieux car l'infinity/blaze ST /wow est mieux je trouve et moins cher !
I would not consider these models as true challengers for the Blizzard - at least not when it comes to hotliner performance. Value for money is a different criteria. "Made in Germany" is usually much more expensive than "Made in China".

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:19 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,027 Posts
is multiplex still "made in germany" ?

Knowing how apple here labels chinese made computers "made in ireland" after plugging in a memmory module and a hard disk makes me skeptical about how much of the multiplex parts are still made and assembled in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
I would not consider these models as true challengers for the Blizzard - at least not when it comes to hotliner performance. Value for money is a different criteria. "Made in Germany" is usually much more expensive than "Made in China".

Jürgen
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:32 AM
Joined Dec 2005
5,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder View Post
Knowing how apple here labels chinese made computers "made in ireland" after plugging in a memmory module and a hard disk makes me skeptical about how much of the multiplex parts are still made and assembled in Germany.
Where it is 'made' is a near worthless debate. That debate has gone on for years in the U.S., in regards to 'American made cars'. Turned out that none of the cars were truly 'made in America'. Componets are from around the world.

But, that gets down to the law of the land. Countries/States determine what constitutes 'made in' as opposed to 'assembled in ***** of foreign components' or what ever verbage. Did the Irish government have any problems with the 'made in Ireland' sticker on each Apple product that was shipped? Of course not, the prosperity from the jobs were welcomed in Ireland.

Perhaps it is better to say 'Designed in Germany' or 'Designed in America' as where an item is engineered or designed is often the mark of excellence in a product. In the U.S., 'assembled in U.S. of foreign and domestic parts' can be found on many products that use the American labor force to put together an item.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:10 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
I did not know the Radian was a T-tail.
A motor/glider by any other name/configuration is still just another glider.Where is the innovation ,where is something "new"?
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:47 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Luckily tastes differ.

http://www.piaggioaero.com/#/en/corporate/company

The Piaggio Avanti was much better selling and I guess looks/appearance played a role there too. The Avanti even made it into a mass produced RC model, because it was considered attractive by many modelers.

Jürgen
I wouldn't call the P180 unattractive,it sure shows a Lot of StarShip styling/planform cues.However the view from underneath is ghastly.Obviously some frankenplane engineering was going on.
Still the P180 appears to be a successful a/c.I'm sure the spacious cabin has a lot to do with that.
A good choice for modeling indeed.After the StarShip IMO.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:10 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBornOne View Post
I wouldn't call the P180 unattractive,it sure shows a Lot of StarShip styling/planform cues.However the view from underneath is ghastly.Obviously some frankenplane engineering was going on. ...
Well, development of both aircraft started in the same year, i.e. 1979 and both aircraft show some "frankenplane engineering". That being said, I prefer the Gates Learjet (one of the most beautiful busines jet designs in my eyes ) genes in the Avanti.

Jürgen

P.S.: I saw both planes live at the Paris Air Show 1987.
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:28 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,923 Posts
Anyway, getting back to what the next multiples plane will be, I was hoping for something with
a little more imagination. Like this maybe:
Flite Test - Quadshot - REVIEW (14 min 52 sec)
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection