Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 10, 2011, 06:15 AM
Wilson NC 27896
Joined Apr 2009
735 Posts
Discussion
R/C to C/L motor conversion??

First off i have posted this else where to try and expose my question to as many people as possible. I have several R/C OS .40 LA motors laying around & want to know if i can remove the R/C carb & replace it with a venturi for C/L use? OS no longer makes the .40 LA motor & wonder if i could even get a venturi for them? They have remote needle valves also,....Gene
gene6029 is offline Find More Posts by gene6029
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:55 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,565 Posts
La.40

LA .46 parts wotk in this for UC. Stunkstunt.com sells venturi's and nva's. Timing is same for uc/rc with this engine. you could sell the carbs and buy parts you need.
Dan
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:33 AM
Wilson NC 27896
Joined Apr 2009
735 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply. Good to know the parts are interchangeable....Gene
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:17 PM
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
I could use one of those carbs .....

..... There is a store on ebay, Shatterman (I think thats how its spelled) ... & he has venturies for most any converssion.

By the way, the O.S. Max LA is a very popular engine in C/L circles (pun intended!) If you find the ebay store Im talking about, theres a picture of a converted O.S. Eng. with the NVA through the 2 carb mounting screw holes. Im not too sure of how Id like that, though, as its a little too close to the crankshaft for my taste.

There are 2 kinds of venturies available, original aluminum OS ones, & delrin plastic ones (less expencive). The prevailing wisdom is ... Super Tiger NVAs offer finner adjustability.

I suppose that you can use the remote NVA, you could even make the spray bar with brass tubing, if you are handy with tools.

You could make a venturi, if you can find tubbing in a 10mm Dia. O.D.

You can also wire the carb open, too. Ive seen that done.

I have started to build a stunter with a 50" WS, a reduced size Cardinal that I plan to run my O.S. LA .40 in, & will post something about it when I convert mine.

Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:35 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Tower Hobbies .....

..... has the origional O.S. venturi for $11.99. The tower part # is'
LXCX05,

the O.S. part number is;

they have the back plate W/O the remote NVA, they have the spray bar for the remote NVA.

They also carry Super Tiger parts. They have as good prices as the ebay store, or better.

Best of all, they have a picture of thier O.S. Eng with the venturi & remote NVA.

I have heard good things about them on the Brotherhood of the Ring site, as a sorse for parts, too.

Laramie.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 04:10 AM
Wilson NC 27896
Joined Apr 2009
735 Posts
Wow! All good information. Many Thanks......Gene
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:41 AM
Joined Dec 2008
15 Posts
Hi, I have been to ebay and tower and have been uable to find the correct parts to convert my OS .40 FP and .40 LA to control line. Can anyone give the correct part nos? Thanks, Jim Walton
jim walton is offline Find More Posts by jim walton
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:28 PM
Wilson NC 27896
Joined Apr 2009
735 Posts
Have you tried the part #s in post #5?.....Gene
Old Nov 12, 2011, 02:11 PM
Mike A.
Des Moines, IA
Joined Oct 2005
364 Posts
This should take you directly to the Tower hobbies page:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...CX05&search=Go
mikeainia is offline Find More Posts by mikeainia
Old Nov 12, 2011, 03:26 PM
Joined Dec 2008
15 Posts
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Brain Freeze. My only excuse is that I have been sick. Now I'm thinking I must be sicker than I first though. I do appreciate your help. Some of us (me) need more than our share.

Jim
jim walton is offline Find More Posts by jim walton
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:48 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
O.s. .40 la .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene6029 View Post
Have you tried the part #s in post #5?.....Gene
..... is what I have, what I quoted the tower hobbies P#s for. If you are not in a hurry, Ill know very soon, as my LHS ordered the parts for me. It seems they get stocked by the same supplier as Tower, & it only takes a few days to get special orders like that.

I dont know if they are the same. I do know that the R/C carb off the .40 LA fits my O.S. .25 SF, though.

The .40 LA has the NVA on the back plate, remote, & that doesnt fit the back of the O.S. .25

Maybe I can use the remote NVA on the .40 LA for conversion, but that leaves me without the NVA for the .25 .....

So many engines, so little time .....

Laramie.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
There is an ebay store, .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim walton View Post
Hi, I have been to ebay and tower and have been uable to find the correct parts to convert my OS .40 FP and .40 LA to control line. Can anyone give the correct part nos? Thanks, Jim Walton
..... Shatterman, I believe, Hes got most everything in the way of venturis, NVAs, carb parts. He has a lot of O.S. & Super Tiger parts, & many more brands.
Look for his listings, than click onto his store (on ebay).

Laramie.