SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:36 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry541 View Post
hey guys how about some pics of the iside area ,battery area ,fan compartment,retract strut pics.buy the way the paint coler is a ok by me. great vidio looking forward to build thread.i have a stu90 for this baby.
+1

except I don`t have a SM-90
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:18 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,279 Posts
Build thread is coming soon guys, believe you me!
Been busy making videos and working with the Factory. I just fired off a bunch of pics and recommended mods for the production version, so she'll be even better by the time it reaches all your hands.

I'll start the Build Thread with all the pics you guys want as soon as food settles from Thanksgiving lunch and dinner!

Enjoy your holiday guys, here's wishing all of you the best... and a little patience.

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:32 AM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,272 Posts
Thanks for the retract input Vic.
Also patiently looking forward to your build thread.

And wish you all a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.

Kevin
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:00 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,607 Posts
Hi Vic,

Do you have any stick time on the Habu 32? if so, how does it compare head to head with the new HET 90MM Super Sniper?

Thanks!
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:25 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,279 Posts
They're two totally different worlds.

The Habu 32 is pretty cool, but it don't do much more than go fast and look like a Habu.
The XL90 flies about as close to a Pattern ship as it's going to get with a Jet.
Plus it's much bigger, retains its energy better, and handles slow speeds way better. Absolutely nothing wrong with a Habu 32; the XL90 is just designed to perform better in a wider flight envelope.

Vic
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:06 AM
Artillery! King of Battle!
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
I do believe this EDF will be my re-introduction to e-jets! Its been too long since I had an EDF.

Great Job!

Pre-Order?

Brill
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,279 Posts
Very soon Brill
Will be available at www.EJF.com

This one was the prototype. Robert and I have been working almost non-stop with HET recommending and clarifying the minor changes I'd like to see put into the production bird. I am happy to report that HET is more than eager to play-ball and make these changes happen, so the production model will be even better off than this prototype.
Of course we'll make an announcement here once they are ready to go!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Vic
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:24 AM
Artillery! King of Battle!
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
Vic

Thanks for the reply on this Happy Turkey Day!

Eagerly awaiting the release!

Brill
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:29 AM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Is their a photo of this next to the regular Sniper 90? Have to see if I will need a bigger car
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:06 AM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,272 Posts
I have not seen one, But IIRC the XT IS 9" bigger in both length and wingspan.
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:13 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,528 Posts
The size is perfect, its what we should expect a 90mm jet to be

They will be available in OZ/NZ from us as soon as the final updates and colour schemes are complete.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:25 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
can I trade in my never-flown, one lady driver old-skool Sniper90 for this one??
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:40 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,528 Posts
RC Trader is your friend
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:49 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,279 Posts
It Begins...

SUPER SNIPER XL90 BUILD THREAD
By: Victor Checkcinco --- Electric Jet Factory

The following Build Thread should be very informative for all current and future Super Sniper XL90 owners. Please keep in mind that this particular build is of HET's prototype, and production models may have differences in materials/colors/shapes/etc. If you have any questions, please feel free to post! Now, without further adieu... let's get started.

[B]OUT OF THE BOX/B]
The Super Sniper XL90 is HET's first fully composite airframe. It's molded in Epoxy-Glass, and the glass work and finishing is very nice!
Upon initial inspection, you can see that alot of thought was given into making this bird build and perform well:
- Low parts count: Makes building way easier, but still allows plenty of room to install and mix up placing of your equipment.
- Pre-Fabrication: All your Control Surfaces are pre-cut from their assemblies which cuts down on build time, neat details like Landing Gear Bays are nicely molded in, and all the necessary airframe formers (except fan mount) are pre-installed.

Take a few minutes, inspect all your parts, and when you're done drooling, clean up and let's get building!!!
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:49 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,279 Posts
Horizontal Stab Assembly

First up, we're gonna work on the Horizontal Stabilizer.

You'll notice right off the bat that the composite work on this bird is really nice. HET has also gone and laid up Carbon Fiber reinforcements in the Stab and Elevator... no flexing or twisting here!

Even the hinge lines are pre-slotted for you at the factory. Pre-fit some hinges (I recommend at least five) and then hinge your Elevator to the Stabilizer. Make sure to allow a joint with sufficient travel and freedom of rotation.

Next, we're going to center and install your Elevator servo.
One strong, metal-gear servo is more than enough. I swear by Hyperion brand servos (I run them in all my High-Performance Jets), so I decided to run a DS16-FMD for the Elevator. I also decided to *pot* my servo into place... this provides a no-frills, secure attachment of the servo to the airframe, but you must take your time and do it right!

- Carefully wrap your servo in a semi-pourous tape (painter's tape works perfect) and be sure that the seam where your tape ends winds up on the side that will be glued to the surface.

- Center/install an appropriate servo arm and pre-fit your servo into the Stab.

- Once satisfied, glue your servo directly to the Horizontal Stabilizer with epoxy. (I also threw in some milled fiberglass to help with adhesion)

Once that is dried up, we're going to create and install your Elevator Control Linkage. Before we do so, select the appropriate control horn for the Elevator, and glue it into place using epoxy (again, I threw in some milled fiberglass).
For the control linkage, I decided to use a length of threaded rod, reinforced w/ a carbon tube, w/ ball links on both ends. Make up your linkage, and once your control horn is dry, adjust the length and lock down your ball links. If you use a nut on the back-side of your ball links, make sure to secure them with Loctite.

Next step is to glue the Horizontal Stab Assembly onto the Fuselage!
Once all your glue has dried from the previous steps, test-fit the Stab assembly onto the Fuselage and temporarily install it using the provided bolts. Be sure to check for any twists or mis-alignments before proceeding to the next steps! Take a ball point pen and mark the area where the Fuselage meets the Stabilizer (rubbing alcohol will remove the lines later), then remove the Stab from the Fuselage.
Before gluing the Stab to the Fuse, be sure to sand away the paint on both surfaces (Stabilzer and Fuselage) to assure that a solid joint is achieved. Only then, mix up some epoxy and glue the Stabilizer to the Fuselage... I also chose to install the provided bolts to assure proper alignment of the Stab.
Last edited by AceMigKiller; Nov 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM.