HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:00 AM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
Well if your going to get the Jedi involved remember what yoda said "there is no try only do"

Which is fitting cause now you "do" see there was a problem

And what you should "do" is acknowledge others you rail
Railroded told you so.

And maybe tell them sorry shoulda listened cause they "do"
have a whole lot more experience at this stuff.

Better than trying to sweep it under rug and bypassing what this place used to be about which is sharing an learning together.

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:42 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,226 Posts
I have to agree Barry.

In this case some members of the team did state on many occations, and actually continue to do so, that there is really no problem with the design, only the quality control on the kit and the assembly method used by some of the builder/owners. Those same team members are still implying that the redesign isn`t really needed if builders will just make a few minor improvements as they assemble the airframe.

At this point, it`s too late IMO for "damage control" to do much good for some indivdual reputations. It`s not too late however, to learn a lesson, if one wants to do better next time.

I learned a long time ago, when I make a mistake, it`s better just to bite the bullet and say "I`m sorry, I missed the mark on that issue, and I`m going to do what I can to make it right." as opposed to " Well, there really isn`t a problem, but if it makes you feel better I`ll change this or that"

It takes 10 positive opinions to counter one negative one. I`m sure I`m still behind on the curve, and may stay there, but at least I know that the first step to regaining public trust, is biting the bullet.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:00 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
forgiveme for getting into this real late for someguys..
BUT...is it possible that the stock elevator assembly willl work with some improvements?
maybe plastic pinned hingesand a coupleof more hinges where there is more stress on the elevator?
if you can split the elavator in small pieces and put it into the tunnel give some elavator up with springs then you can see where there is more stress.. isn't it?

What I'm saying might be mentioned already but I only read posts randomnly in here and this plane is already locked in my purchase cannon target...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:23 AM View Post
Super Matt
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Matt View Post
Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

This plane is a cheap design made with cheap materials. End of story.
Experts exchange..
Even the Greatest model designers/suppliers/factories had their mishaps and bad designs.. END OF STORY... Bah
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:52 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
I put up the built thread for this plane.
You all can skip the drama and get it fix.
Let the HET boys do their homework and hope their learn their value mistake and got right next time.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Let the HET boys do their homework and hope their learn their value mistake and got right next time.
+1
Patience
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:12 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
I looked, not a good fix, just something different with a new problem.

However the holes are too big in the horns, what to do about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:21 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
did you look?.......because if you did you would have seen that he replaced all the control horns with ones he sells
whats the new problem you see?
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Last edited by jcdfrd; Jun 04, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:25 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Quit reading between the lines, and you would have read Tam swapped them out for his horns. re edit sticking to my first statement and I been up way to long and im also seeing between the lines
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Last edited by unclecrash; Jun 04, 2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: going back to first statement been up way to long
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:00 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,296 Posts
There's still no aerodynamic flutter in the stock elevator

Obviously doesn't matter what the reality is... but as long as everybody thinks it's cool, a new stab will help re-inspire confidence to this fantastic flying model.

I don't even want to count how many times I've said that the design is not 100% *optimal*, yet still works just fine, but yes we are working on a re-design to appease the masses.

I would post how Tam can't make a stock Sniper XL90 fly right, yet I can, but I don't care to split hairs on how much experience or who the better pilot is... it's not about that after all

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:23 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
I would post how Tam can't make a stock Sniper XL90 fly right, yet I can, but I don't care to split hairs on how much experience or who the better pilot is... it's not about that after all
Vic
why would you say this?, Tams SSXL is not completed yet but will be soon. his maiden is on schedual for this sunday so we will see if Tams flys right. I bet it does.
vic it was you who asked for "NO Drama" but yet you keep poking Tam and others.
you must be confusing Nicks sniper with Tams sniper, these are two diff sniper's with diff builders and diff schemes.........I will say it again Tam had nothing to do with Nicks build
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:53 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,532 Posts
EJF,
On one hand it seems the Robert is working very hard to fix an acknowledged aerodynamic/structural problem. On the other hand Vic is trying deny any problem at all. What's the story with that? It takes more than a cool paint schemes to sell edf's....at least Robert sees that!
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:03 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
There's still no aerodynamic flutter in the stock elevator

Obviously doesn't matter what the reality is... but as long as everybody thinks it's cool, a new stab will help re-inspire confidence to this fantastic flying model.

I don't even want to count how many times I've said that the design is not 100% *optimal*, yet still works just fine, but yes we are working on a re-design to appease the masses.

Vic
I disagree Vic. Maybe not in the videos that you've posted,but there at least two that clearly show elevator flutter. Then there is the failure of the stab hinges on the prototype after just a few months of flying.

It's probably too late now because you've dug yourself in too deep, but the right thing to do would be to admit that there is an aerodynamic problem with the stab design that you checked off on even while questions were being asked. Admit you made an error in judgment, you regret it and you are working to correct it. That's a simple solution. I'll make this prediction. If you continuealong this path, you will still be fighting the fight years from now. If you just own your mistake, it won't be easy,but you will begin to regain some of the credibility that you have lost, and the riffs will begin to heal.

there,I got that said. I just needed to do that. I hope you take it in the constructive spirit in which it was offered. In the end the choice is yours to make.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:04 PM
Callsign blocked
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Have you guys seen what Tam has done with the elevator? IMO it can not be done much better. His fix utilizes existing parts, maintains airfoil & shape, & attaches the control horn to the biggest portion of the elevator.
Better than my design. It shows there are different levels of craftsmanship to this hobby, & Tam's in the upper Enchalant for sure.
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard