HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 11:48 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
vic
remember the pics I sent you? one of the blocks had slipped back a good 1in to 1.5in away from the trailing edge ours will have to be opened up and a hard full length balsa trailing edge installed. oh well it is what it is
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 11:50 PM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Joined Dec 1999
1,552 Posts
Great flying!

Super great flying guys, Thank you for enjoying the jet.

Tam, Once again you disappoint. We ( EJF & HET ) have no trouble working with our customers and anyone whom desires help. This isn't something on purpose, you've had plenty of problems over the years with customer fans blowing up and the occasional jet failure and they get solved. knock off your high and mighty green bottle talk and start your own thread instead of hijacking ours.

--RW
Robert Wagoner is offline Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Site Sponsor
Old May 24, 2012, 11:52 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
oh man just when we were getting past all this stuff
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old May 24, 2012, 11:53 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
... and I'm gonna go back to studying now.

Play nice boys

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old May 25, 2012, 12:49 AM
Joined Jun 2010
13 Posts
Ok, ive been playing with the numbers a little bit and Im considering trying 8s 5000 at 1600kv... should put the current draw at peak efficiency for the motor and make about 2800w... I just dont think 1400 is enough... in the process of building a test stand to mount the force gauge to so we can get some rough thrust to weight estimates... btw, girlfriend is watching Teen Mom on tv and says we got more drama... just sayin.. lol..
stevenfox905 is offline Find More Posts by stevenfox905
Old May 25, 2012, 01:54 AM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
Nobody is asking or expecting any sort of apology Tam.

I know you and your boys have the smarts and skills to build these right.
I'll tell you straight up, all you gotta do is locate where exactly the wood is on the Stab and slight shift your hinge line over to make sure your hinges are in the wood.

I did nothing special except for using upgraded Nylon Pinned Hinges from Dubro (#117) and making sure I epoxied the hell out of them.

Now go build and fly your friggin Sniper already okay?!?
They're alot of fun. I promise.

Vic
This is right Vic im sure mine would be flying now if i had looked where the wood was for the hinges or put pinned ones in i will use pined now and im sure the elivator is ok to use .U have to fly this plane its great, im will sure get another one .This is a easy fix for people to do put pined hinges in with plenty of hysol and it will be fine.This is what the forums are for to help people out not for slaging people off when there is no need its a great plane . Nice flying u guys
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Old May 25, 2012, 02:59 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
[QUOTE=AceMigKiller;21706648]Nobody is asking or expecting any sort of apology Tam.

I know you and your boys have the smarts and skills to build these right.
I'll tell you straight up, all you gotta do is locate where exactly the wood is on the Stab and slight shift your hinge line over to make sure your
Vic,

I had no problem get it done right for John. Just want you boys to clear these elevator does had problem and need to be fix.
It would great EFJ take this step to the next level compensate for the trouble customers need to fix the issue.
Just remember there is average modeler dont had the skills to fix the problem.

I guess EFJ wouldn't play a beg that this elevator not goes to fail without fixing it.LOL
So the poker game is done.
Elevator need to be fix and can't be safe out the box.

That all you guys need to address to the public head up on the elevator need inspection and need to fix.

The kit I had in the shop been sitting wait for answer.
I guess now EJF not had any replacement elevator stab anytime soon. Just need to said the word please fix it and it done.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old May 25, 2012, 03:07 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenfox905 View Post
btw, girlfriend is watching Teen Mom on tv and says we got more drama... just sayin.. lol..

LOL I got a good chuckle out of that one
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 03:09 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,969 Posts
Thanks a bunch for the video Vic! This is one of those situations where a picture (video) is worth a thousand (make that ten thousand) words. Or 3 forum pages, which ever comes first.
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 03:27 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
Brent and i have about the same set up for 90mm jets ...we just think there more fun ....and easier to fly ,heck brent can fly just about anything,but i know he has more fun with the lighter wing loading ,and allows him to fly this at our home field ,only 425 long and @ 4500 asl. so yeah i think a "softer" set up would be nice. brents lands so sweet ,but yours was'nt too bad either ,lots of wing on this bad boy ,HET got the wing area right on this one .the retracts and struts are very nice too.
Very happy to see someone over the pond actually say this! Every time I mention flying bricks I get shot down, end of the day 2.5kw on 8s can only be 80 amps odd, which means WOT for a lot of the flight which to me is what makes jets fun!! I planned my Sniper the same way, 8s setup around 2500-3000w max, and maybe even 6000mah 4s packs in it, will decide that once I see the flying weight.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old May 25, 2012, 08:14 AM
Callsign blocked
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjets View Post
This is right Vic im sure mine would be flying now if i had looked where the wood was for the hinges or put pinned ones in i will use pined now and im sure the elivator is ok to use .U have to fly this plane its great, im will sure get another one .This is a easy fix for people to do put pined hinges in with plenty of hysol and it will be fine.This is what the forums are for to help people out not for slaging people off when there is no need its a great plane . Nice flying u guys
Have you asked EJF/HET (or where ever you purchased it) for a replacement? I'm betting you won't be denied, everyone knows the wood blocks were misplaced.

Excellent, Excellent video!!! I'm still concerned the existing design envelope could be exceeded if pushed hard on 12's, but I do believe we all agree on one thing. This is a HOT airframe at an awesome price, & everyone that posted on this thread wants it to succeed one way or another....
Congrats on the awesome fights guys!!!! Let's hope for many, many, many more
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
Old May 25, 2012, 08:22 AM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,977 Posts
My Sniper 90 sold me on this idea years ago. 6s 5000 in that thing only drawing 60 amps and flew 130mph. Since then I'll take light wing loading and long flight times over speed any day. 200mph back and forth is not very challenging and gets boring, but you don't see many guys at all doing knife edge and slow rolls down on the deck at 130-150. I plan to get one of these and go with the same 8s set up as CN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Very happy to see someone over the pond actually say this! Every time I mention flying bricks I get shot down, end of the day 2.5kw on 8s can only be 80 amps odd, which means WOT for a lot of the flight which to me is what makes jets fun!! I planned my Sniper the same way, 8s setup around 2500-3000w max, and maybe even 6000mah 4s packs in it, will decide that once I see the flying weight.
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old May 25, 2012, 11:14 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,626 Posts
Mark ...yep your numbers are right where we are at ,im still having to tell myself to fly for another min or 2 cause this set up is easy on the packs . plenty of power for this old man it flys my TJ F-16 very well .and the sniper flys just as well .
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old May 25, 2012, 05:55 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
Wing Loading should always be priority. Luckily, we've proven that this Sniper XL90 Airframe takes a liking to a large range of power setups and AUW.

I really like Brent's lighter setup for manueverability, but at the same time I know guys that don't care for that stuff and just want a rocketship! Even at my higher AUW, I'm still perfectly able to land very slowly and controlled. Happy to report that this is a "one size fits all" bird!

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old May 26, 2012, 03:49 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Nick goes down on maiden today.
Just let you all know.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets