HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:44 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,845 Posts
there are 2 types of large HET retracts. the ones for the sniper are the ones you already have. the piston goes away from the strut. this is a low profile design unlike the other version that is much thicker, used in the L-39 which has a much thicker wing. i have the same ones for my sniper sykotic. no fear. youll just need to make a hole in the gear bay for the piston to go into.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:21 AM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
930 Posts
Interesting...

Thanks for that corsair.

I'm assuming they are going to work just as well in practice. Aside from the requiring air to put the gear down... is there any downside to them?

I'm reading they are alot stronger in action downwards, so you don't have lock problems (as long as you have air!)
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:48 AM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
930 Posts
Haha... I don't think HET understood my question:

REPLY:
Hi,

Please add air into the air cylinder and connected with the tubes. Normally it will work. Let me know if you still have problem.

Best regards
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:26 AM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Joined Dec 1999
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic View Post
Thanks... But I didn't buy it from you (wishing I had now of course..)

Shipping from the USA to me is crazy expensive normally so I didn't even think of getting a quote from you guys.
Sorry, I didn't notice your location. I'm sure you will get those swapped out.

--RW
Robert Wagoner is offline Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:21 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
Whoops! Yeah those are indeed HET Air Retracts, but they're designed for the L-39.
Brent is correct --- they will work, you'll just have to carve out the inside of the gear bay.

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:50 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
had this come today nice plane
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:30 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
I'm building one in that scheme for a Customer right now.
Factory did a nice job with the schemes; enjoy your Sniper XL90!
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
looks like tams gona get a email lol
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:03 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
just started work on mine and found its a proper composite wing not wood fiber glassed like my jtm hawk and its alot lighter this thing is going to shift
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:03 PM
Formerly "Heli Copter"
United States, CA, Watsonville
Joined Apr 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
I'm building one in that scheme for a Customer right now.
Factory did a nice job with the schemes; enjoy your Sniper XL90!
Hey Vic,

How did you do the servo covers?

Thanks for all of your help!
Jetsom is offline Find More Posts by Jetsom
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:12 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
I usually glue in four small tabs in the corners.

Tabs keep them in place and you can either drop four small screws or (my favorite) just use some super-clear tape along the perimeter.

Vic
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:40 AM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
Done a few mods today to the canopy and tail thort the tail would be abit better with a spar going into the body
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Hillsborough
Joined Feb 2008
92 Posts
Habu 32 or Super sniper

HI Fellas
I would like to get some feedback from you more experienced guys,as to which aircraft would be more suitable for a grass runway,approx 250 meters long, with a grass similar to buffalo(fairly coarse).
I think both aircraft are great flyers, but dont know much about what size wheels can be fitted to either( the bigger the better for grass i would imagine?)
Since the Ssniper is bigger, i would think it would have the capability to house bigger gear?
Has anybody used this landing gear from HK? and would it fit?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._20_class.html
Any suggestions would be appreciated, eg which one would have the slowest landing speed etc(strip is fairly challenging,runs downhill and has slight fall across the strip.I live the Australian bush,beggars cant be choosers)
Thanks Steve
heliclown is offline Find More Posts by heliclown
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:05 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,493 Posts
The problem with the Sniper is the wings are molded with the wheel wells already in place, so wheel size is limited unless you want to butcher it out to make the holes bigger.
Front wheel can be enlarged I suppose as its not hindered by the molded well, but end of the day you are going to be restricted to the wheel size. I would stick with the HET retracts, the idea of electric is nice, oh they go up slow, but who sees them going up when you are climbing out away from yourself! I use air as they are simple and rugged and require one servo only, no chance of them locking up or burning out and taking out my radio gear, and I can slow them down with valves if I want.

As for landing speed, the Sniper has a 1350mm wingspan, the Habu just over a metre, to me that says sniper on the flaps will land slower and easier than the Habu, and with a nice hot 6s setup in it would be a real light weight jet that still has very good performance.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Hillsborough
Joined Feb 2008
92 Posts
extreme rc

Thanks Mark
What are the wheel diametres and wheel well diametres, to give me an idea of what to expect?
What is the size of the well where the undercarriage attaches to wing(width and depth)?
Last, Can wing be detached easily for transport, or
is it a PITA ?
How far off flying, is your Sniper Mark?I am keen to see some video, besides the demo vid in this thread of course.Just for comparison,what speed difference would there be between the HET F16 and the super Sniper with the same setup? thanks
Steve
heliclown is offline Find More Posts by heliclown