SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:35 AM
Callsign blocked
Brickyard's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
So the retracts are electric & breaks are pneumatic, is that how these works? What mods to the wing are necessary? Great work as usual Tam!
Jermaine
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickyard View Post
So the retracts are electric & breaks are pneumatic, is that how these works? What mods to the wing are necessary? Great work as usual Tam!
Jermaine
That right....
Soon I had the air electric brake done too. So no need to fill air tank.
There is not much mod beside add the 1/8" CF plate. You need to do it anyway.
The stock rail don't had much wood to hold the gear. It easy bust the gear out.
So the 1/8" CF plate is a must to reinforce the gear plate.

Here is few more photos of the gear that break down in many option.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Last edited by Tamjets; Mar 29, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:48 PM
Registered User
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
That right....
Soon I had the air electric brake done too. So no need to fill air tank.
There is not much mod beside add the 1/8" CF plate. You need to do it anyway.
The stock rail don't had much wood to hold the gear. It easy bust the gear out.
So the 1/8" CF plate is a must to reinforce the gear plate.
Do you sell the CF Plate as a separate item?
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:19 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
5,301 Posts
????
I think you need to try and bust out the stock gear blocks before making a claim like that.
Chances are you're going to mess something else up before you rip out just a Main... believe me on that one.

The electric gear/struts look awesome!
Very expensive, (especially compared to stock Airs) but I'm sure they're good stuff. I'd be interested in replacing just my Mains... how much for just the Two Mains w/ Struts? (no brakes required)

Vic
AceMigKiller is online now Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
????
I think you need to try and bust out the stock gear blocks before making a claim like that.
Chances are you're going to mess something else up before you rip out just a Main... believe me on that one.

The electric gear/struts look awesome!
Very expensive, (especially compared to stock Airs) but I'm sure they're good stuff. I'd be interested in replacing just my Mains... how much for just the Two Mains w/ Struts? (no brakes required)

Vic
Vic
Is not about the price. It about the quality and it available here. Not from china.
Sorry I can't had anyone work for free to had this gear package done cheaper.
Price struts by itself $45 each.

BTW,
The stock rail waiting for bad landing to happen. Been doing this for so long and can see the structure isn't there. Better be safe than sorry.

I will had CF per-cut to fit the E-Flite very soon.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Last edited by Tamjets; Mar 28, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
5,301 Posts
Tam,
Wasn't knocking your quality, everybody knows you make good stuff.
I'll send you a PM, I'll need the two Main Electric Retracts + Struts.

I'll still adamantly disagree with you on the Main Gear Block Strength.
I too have been flying for a really long time and personally put this entire airframe (even destroyed one) to the test.

Cheers,
Vic
AceMigKiller is online now Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
Tam,
Wasn't knocking your quality, everybody knows you make good stuff.
I'll send you a PM, I'll need the two Main Electric Retracts + Struts.

I'll still adamantly disagree with you on the Main Gear Block Strength.
I too have been flying for a really long time and personally put this entire airframe (even destroyed one) to the test.

Cheers,
Vic
The wood is very little left at the edge and most is filler in between.
Maybe the proto type is are done better.
Hope HET can had more wood rail closer the gap and not use filler in between.
This something I would improve.
Just my opinion how had it done better.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2009
96 Posts
Tam,
Wondering if this retract kit will fit the HET L-39? What are the strut lengths?
picardn is offline Find More Posts by picardn
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:11 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
5,301 Posts
The HET L-39 and Sniper XL90 have the same length and fit for struts, so in short --- Yes, they should fit!
However, the L-39 has a much thicker wing... the 60-120 Electrics drop right in.

Vic
AceMigKiller is online now Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:33 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,726 Posts
I too looked at the mounts in the wing and pictured the struts tearing out on the first hot landing I have, remember the rest of the world often flies from grass, not nice paved runways, 99% of aussie fields are grass. I was going to mill some alloy plates like Tams carbon, but could cut carbon ones easy enough, I will look at the kit closer on the weekend once I have some free time.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:41 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardn View Post
Tam,
Wondering if this retract kit will fit the HET L-39? What are the strut lengths?
The struts pretty universal. I had fit many different planes just by playing with the spring.
I think would fit no problem.
Later tonight I'll update more option on the struts. I been up all night getting the first set done and update the site.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:09 AM
Callsign blocked
Brickyard's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Can't find Het's retracts for the Sniper XL90 on ejf.com.. Am I missing them?
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
Callsign blocked
Brickyard's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Found them on highendrc.com
Also found a pic of the Orange/white scheme.. Nice
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:56 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
5,301 Posts
Brickyard,
I thought I saw them there the other day but I could be mistaken... either way we'll make sure you're taken care of.
Please send Robert an email --- Robert@EJF.com
AceMigKiller is online now Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:08 AM
Callsign blocked
Brickyard's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
Brickyard,
I thought I saw them there the other day but I could be mistaken... either way we'll make sure you're taken care of.
Please send Robert an email --- Robert@EJF.com
Thanks dude! Still haven't decided on which gear I'm buying, just wanted to take a look at them. I want Tams, But
with all the stuff I want from that guy, I'm gonna have to start moonlighting in his shop
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New HET L-39 90mm by EJF.com AceMigKiller Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 705 Oct 04, 2014 07:08 PM
Sold Crazy Price Drop!! HET Super Sniper with 70mm Mega/HET power system and servos. airmcn_3 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Nov 14, 2011 12:37 PM
Found HET Sniper 90mm, airframe and maybe servos Knife Liddle Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Oct 01, 2011 12:10 PM
Sold NIB HET Super Sniper 90 V3 with HET 90mm fan and HET 600-37 motor mcgoughman Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Aug 30, 2011 09:35 PM
Sold HET All Composite Super Sniper priscalex Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 30, 2008 10:17 PM