HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:17 AM
Callsign blocked
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
223 Posts
Yeah, it's for sure the "right size", actually the wing span is even larger than my Tamjet 1/8 F16 & a lot of other similar sized models.. Should equate to a nice air presense.. Also with such a large wing area on a sportjet Im hoping for no bad habits.. A lot of the small composites are like a dog u can't trust that may bite at anytime.. Hey Extreme RC, will the CS12 rotor have a similar sound to the Stumax?
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:15 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,494 Posts
Agree 100% on the size thing, 1100mm span on a 4+ kilo composite is not my idea of a 90mm model. The Sniper at last has the span and size to match 90mm fans and gear.
The CS appears to have the woosh sound on the bench and in the videos posted up so far, I expect mine to be a little quieter and more wooshy, like my 70mm versions, with the fully encapsulated motor and alloy housing.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:22 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
First Production Snipers have arrived!!!

Got a very cool (and excited) phone call from Robert's son... the first Production Sniper XL90's have arrived!!!

So what's a guy to do when you live in Phoenix and two of the hottest, highly anticipated model Jets arrive in Tucson over 100 miles away, and you don't wanna spend 3+ hours driving there and back???

FLY DOWN AND PICK THEM UP, OF COURSE!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we're proud to introduce to you the first two (2) production run HET Super Sniper XL90's!
These two were a special order White-Only (thanks to HET) after the initial production run was complete, and we paid a little extra to have them rushed over. Now that they're here, I would expect the rest of them to get here real soon!

I'd also like to take this time to introduce my newest wingman and Team EJF Pilot --- Steven Swan.

Steve is a very talented up and coming Pilot and we're glad to have him on for the 2012 show season. Together, him and I are going to tag-team these two Sniper builds, get them prepared as EJF.com demo birds, and wrap up any last minute tweaks for the production version (if there are any).
Please feel free to post Q's or PM Steve, Robert, or myself if you have any questions regarding EJF or the products we sell... Just another way to expand support of our valued and loyal customers.

We're working feverishly on these new Snipers now, so I'm gonna get back to that and let Steve post some progress a little later.

Not much longer until everybody else gets theirs too!

Regards,
Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:14 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,866 Posts
sweet dude! thats great news! to bad they didnt make more all white ones.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
In the works!
They're doing up other schemes too of course.

Vic
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:39 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,494 Posts
I asked for white or grey option as well, at least until we know exactly what colour schemes are going to be available.

All the Aussie and NZ viewers can get their kit from the aussie HET importer, Extreme RC The Sniper is up on the website HERE and pre-orders are now being taken.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:28 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,199 Posts
those look great man... can't wait to see how they come together
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:21 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,058 Posts
me too, what a great looking jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
those look great man... can't wait to see how they come together
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:54 AM
Callsign blocked
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2008
223 Posts
I've never tried electric retracts, could I use the Het trailing link struts with the eflite 60-120 electric retracts? Anyone know if that would work?
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
Electric Retracts are freakin' awesome.
Unfortunately the E-Flite 60-120's do not fit... too tall and no way to make them fit and still look pretty. 25-46's are just a touch too big too. I'm pokin' around looking for an alternative and will report back when I find them.

Vic
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:54 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,980 Posts
The wing on my Blaze is 1 1/18 at the retract mount. The Eflite 25-46 I am using are 1". They fit ok, but I had a heck of a time finding any other option. I wish I made a wing a tad thicker because there are a lot of retracts that are 1 1/8". Probabaly your only option is going to be Tam retracts if you want to add struts or Spring Air 600 series which come with 1/8" wire and can be drilled out to 5/32. They won't work with struts though. I have not found any electric retracts smaller than the Eflite 25-46.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
Electric Retracts are freakin' awesome.
Unfortunately the E-Flite 60-120's do not fit... too tall and no way to make them fit and still look pretty. 25-46's are just a touch too big too. I'm pokin' around looking for an alternative and will report back when I find them.

Vic
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
Not Funny......
United States, CO, Redstone
Joined Dec 2010
893 Posts
Hey, I learned to fly in a PA-28 "N4338J" (she is still being flown somewhere up around Spokane, Wa.)
Mike Warren is offline Find More Posts by Mike Warren
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
Yeah, doesn't seem like there are many other good options out there.
If I were to settle on Air Retracts I would stick w/ the stock HET Airs/Struts. They worked out really well on the Prototype. As far as Electrics, the 25-46 E-Flites would only stick out by about 1mm... nothing that couldn't be cosmetically/aerodynamically faired in. Decisions decisions...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:12 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
also if you didn't know yet Tam is working on electric retracts, he is converting his air retracts over to electric w/electric brakes. r&d has already started
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=133
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:15 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,980 Posts
That's great news! Hopefully he still makes trunions for the 25-46 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
also if you didn't know yet Tam is working on electric retracts, he is converting his air retracts over to electric w/electric brakes. r&d has already started
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=133
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler