SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:47 AM
OUCH!!!
Jayray123's Avatar
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
Here's a few pics, hate tosee the wing depart during a big outside loop..... The little dots are what came out of the fuse.
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:17 AM
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
2,015 Posts
85's

They will work for anything except the Ailerons. I mean they will work there too, but just stick out the bottom of the wing.

Ralph


Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgood View Post
Hi guys,
Anyone know if the Hi-Tec, Hs-85 fit in the Super Sniper XL,
with out any mods or cutting,to small or to big?
Anyone using these servos for it? I have 7 of them and need a home
for them?
Maybe might be my next jet!!
Thanks everyone,
DB
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:08 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Michael Paxton's Avatar
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
[QUOTE=Jayray123;24122096]Here's a few pics, hate tosee the wing depart during a big outside loop..... The little dots are what came out of the fuse.[/QUOTE


Have you checked wing fitment since you put your braces in there?
It looks to me as if the body shell is supposed to mold around the wing surface and make a tight fit. Can't do that if the body shell can't bend a little.
I'm gonna do something similar to what you've done....But I will attach wing while glue dries so I can assure a correct fit of wing to body.
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:03 PM
OUCH!!!
Jayray123's Avatar
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
Dry fitting the wing earlier today showed that the joint snugs up really nice, but good thought on that. It wouldn't be good to have to cut all of that out because the wing didn't fit right lol

Jay
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:07 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Michael Paxton's Avatar
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray123 View Post
Dry fitting the wing earlier today showed that the joint snugs up really nice, but good thought on that. It wouldn't be good to have to cut all of that out because the wing didn't fit right lol

Jay
Cool
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Colorado Springs, Co
Joined May 2002
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgood View Post
Hi guys,
Anyone know if the Hi-Tec, Hs-85 fit in the Super Sniper XL,
with out any mods or cutting,to small or to big?
Anyone using these servos for it? I have 7 of them and need a home
for them?
Maybe might be my next jet!!
Thanks everyone,
DB
Got 5085's all around. You need to cut hatches anyway, just make them the size you need.
Greg
gbmoore is online now Find More Posts by gbmoore
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:33 PM
Fly Fast!
dbgood's Avatar
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore View Post
Got 5085's all around. You need to cut hatches anyway, just make them the size you need.
Greg
Cool and from what i found the HiTec hs-85,are the same size as
your HiTec 5085..
Looks like i will get the Sniper XL this spring!!
Thanks,
DB
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Colorado Springs, Co
Joined May 2002
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgood View Post
Cool and from what i found the HiTec hs-85,are the same size as
your HiTec 5085..
Looks like i will get the Sniper XL this spring!!
Thanks,
DB
You'll LOVE it. Mine is 10S and is sweeetttt!
gbmoore is online now Find More Posts by gbmoore
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:16 AM
Fly Fast!
dbgood's Avatar
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
I also have a Neu 1509 2y,1820 kv motor,
wonder if i can put it into a 90mm Het fan unit, but i
think the kv of the motor,and 8S+90mm fan unit,to much for motor?
Any ideas?
Thanks,
DB
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:14 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
1820 is getting up there, and its a short can motor isnt it? Might be better on 6s in a Jetfan unit, could run 7s as well, Wemotec on 8s is going to be 120A I reckon unless the motor doesnt have the torque to hold the rpm. Wemo on 7s would be ok though, more than enough power.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:54 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgood View Post
I also have a Neu 1509 2y,1820 kv motor,
wonder if i can put it into a 90mm Het fan unit, but i
think the kv of the motor,and 8S+90mm fan unit,to much for motor?
As previously stated, 8s would probably be too much both kv wise and for the physical size of the motor. However, I have run a 1900kv outrunner of similar mass in the HET fan on 6s with great success! Pulled around 85 amps for just under 2kw of power.

With that being said, you'll probably want a little more power to get the Sniper flying the way it should... I recommend at least 2500 watts.

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:36 PM
Fly Fast!
dbgood's Avatar
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
As previously stated, 8s would probably be too much both kv wise and for the physical size of the motor. However, I have run a 1900kv outrunner of similar mass in the HET fan on 6s with great success! Pulled around 85 amps for just under 2kw of power.

With that being said, you'll probably want a little more power to get the Sniper flying the way it should... I recommend at least 2500 watts.

Vic
Thanks for all the info!
DB
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:10 AM
Keith Thomas
keithtsr's Avatar
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
1,159 Posts
I was looking at my XL earlier today. The intake is so large it's really amazing.

In reading the thread I noticed someone had built and intake fence (not sure if I said that right).

On all the BVM jets I've owned he puts a piece on the front of his intakes that appears to chock them down a bit. The piece I'm referring to actually molds into the intake system and is used to make putting the intakes in easier. I wonder if this could be done with this jet as well. It would take someone like AirSally to pull it off, or at least see if it could be done.

I'm an old model airplane designer and know that the big intakes area limiting factor. If we could get a easy fix this plane could really smoke. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my purchase and plan on having big fun with it....maybe I think to much
keithtsr is offline Find More Posts by keithtsr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:16 AM
DELTAS RULE
corsair nut's Avatar
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
i completely agree and ive toyed with the idea of making not only new ducts, but somenew inlet cheeks...

yeah, those inlets could easily feed a 120mm fan lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by keithtsr View Post
I was looking at my XL earlier today. The intake is so large it's really amazing.

In reading the thread I noticed someone had built and intake fence (not sure if I said that right).

On all the BVM jets I've owned he puts a piece on the front of his intakes that appears to chock them down a bit. The piece I'm referring to actually molds into the intake system and is used to make putting the intakes in easier. I wonder if this could be done with this jet as well. It would take someone like AirSally to pull it off, or at least see if it could be done.

I'm an old model airplane designer and know that the big intakes area limiting factor. If we could get a easy fix this plane could really smoke. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my purchase and plan on having big fun with it....maybe I think to much
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:22 AM
OUCH!!!
Jayray123's Avatar
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
I am seriously considering making a set of splitters for mine. The only thing holding me up on it is finding matching paint for when the work is done. I'd like to keep it pretty.

Jay
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool New HET L-39 90mm by EJF.com AceMigKiller Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 705 Oct 04, 2014 07:08 PM
Sold Crazy Price Drop!! HET Super Sniper with 70mm Mega/HET power system and servos. airmcn_3 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 9 Nov 14, 2011 12:37 PM
Found HET Sniper 90mm, airframe and maybe servos Knife Liddle Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Oct 01, 2011 12:10 PM
Sold NIB HET Super Sniper 90 V3 with HET 90mm fan and HET 600-37 motor mcgoughman Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Aug 30, 2011 09:35 PM
Sold HET All Composite Super Sniper priscalex Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jun 30, 2008 10:17 PM