941 Posts
Brent what did you use for a pilot?
pulsar110 is online now Find More Posts by pulsar110
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:29 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,360 Posts
Brent, where did you get all those decals? Man, that thing looks sharp!!
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:37 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,086 Posts
looks great Brent! nice job. what struts are those

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
heres a couple pics from the event. you can kinda see the new improved canopy, with cockpit and pilot
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:40 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,086 Posts
dont know where he got them but go to callies graphics if you ever need anything. she will have them done by the time you hang up the phone and they are so cheap! i always feel the need to give her a few extra dollars because I feel bad getting so much for so little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
Brent, where did you get all those decals? Man, that thing looks sharp!!
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:12 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,161 Posts
they are from Callie ,and some he made ,the struts are HET's so are the retract .....the stock ones that come with the kit , they hold air for weeks. this bird has been solid as a rock ,any one who whatches him fly it can tell you it is a sweet flyer,it lands like a butterfly with sore feet ,and when he gets to doing like 6-8 touch-n-goes in a row it just makes me sick the way he greases that bird in ...i guess i better ask for some stick time on it .he does some cool tricks with it ,the tumbling tail slide looks crazy ,but it regains flight with little effort on the pilots part.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:45 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,742 Posts
well, i hand made the tail flash(all done with monocote trim sheet) and i also did the blue fuse band by hand. the stars/bars and other numbers/stuff was done be callie. i go to her for everything. she freakin rocks!!!!!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:10 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Sorry if this has already been covered and I know was a sore subject---Did HET get the horizontal stab right or are all of you modding the stab yourselves???...Has the stab on the "basic" model been modded as well???...I went to EJF's site and nothing has been mentioned about the stab...And I'm too lazy to go through umpteen pages to get the answer---So I appreciate your quick reply!!!

This model looks so great that I'm thinking about thinning the fleet to get one of these!!!...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:17 PM
USA, UT, Provo
Joined Apr 2003
941 Posts
Kevin HET redesigned the tail. It now is 2 elevators instead of one. Also has wood spars all the way thru. If you go back just a couple pages you will see where Vic has a light shining thru and you can see the spars. I can attest to this too as I got mine last week and am building it now.
pulsar110 is online now Find More Posts by pulsar110
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:04 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Did HET get the horizontal stab right or are all of you modding the stab yourselves
Hi Kevin,

- If you have the original Stabilizer, all you have to do is make sure the hinges get placed in the wood. The original production model did not have a solid piece of wood in the trailing edge. Several models are flying well (including Brent's) with the original Stab.

- All kits being delivered now include the new, re-designed Stab/Elevator.
One solid piece of wood along the trailing edge of the Stabilizer as well as the leading edge of each Elevator half.

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:04 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
I kinda wish the updated elevator had a different shape, the original looks alittle funky as well, both designs don't seem to jive with the wing, that's just a minor point though, whatever works is fine!
I was hoping to use eflite tracts(15-25) but with the large size of this 9lbish jet I'm certain the nose retract will eventually fail on my dirt runway and then I need struts as well and EJF doesn't seem to sell the struts separate anyway so I'll get the het air/strut combo. Brents flew his at least 3 times that I saw without refilling the airtank so I guess they're holding up well!
I now have 2 setups I can use in this.
1. 8S JF90 H700-68 1680kv (setup from my FF F-100)
2. 10S Het90 H700-68 1400kv.
I bought the het90 fan and motor from Gary at EffluxRc at BigJolt. Thanks Gary!
I like to support the local shops when possible!
I'm leaning toward the 10S setup!!
Bruce
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:11 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,300 Posts
That 10s setup is great
I used that same combo on the Prototype --- 130+mph is no problem, plus really great vertical.

Only drawback is flightime. I ran 10s 4200's and set my timer for 3:40.
I guess you can run 5000's and set for 4:00 but the weight really adds up at those cell counts.
I'm really looking forward to my 8s setup!!! This thing hits a speed barrier right around 130mph... takes a ton more power to make it go a little faster. It was never designed to compete with the Electras and such out there; just an economical badass 90XL-sized jet.

Vic
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:13 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
ps....right down the center line
Speaking of center line... you better make it out here for AZ E-Fest in January...
I'll be out of town for AZ Jets, but maybe next year we'll trade some T-38 time for Full-Scale time, eh??
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:22 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
That 10s setup is great
I used that same combo on the Prototype --- 130+mph is no problem, plus really great vertical.

Only drawback is flightime. I ran 10s 4200's and set my timer for 3:40.
I guess you can run 5000's and set for 4:00 but the weight really adds up at those cell counts.
I'm really looking forward to my 8s setup!!! This thing hits a speed barrier right around 130mph... takes a ton more power to make it go a little faster. It was never designed to compete with the Electras and such out there; just an economical badass 90XL-sized jet.

Vic
130 works! I'll try 10S first, I can always swap setups!
But I'm REALLY interested in your intake reduction mods, I'm wondering how much of a difference it'll make on top speed!
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:33 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
130 works! I'll try 10S first, I can always swap setups!
But I'm REALLY interested in your intake reduction mods, I'm wondering how much of a difference it'll make on top speed!
That is a very good point!
Swapping power setups in this model is as easy as:
1.) Remove bolts retaining Fan system
2.) Remove Thrust Tube from current Fan system
3.) Disconnect ESC from Motor leads
4.) Reverse process to install new Fan system

As long as your ESC is up to snuff, you can experiment with several setups.

Regarding the Intake mods, I will likely do them at a later date.
I've been so busy with work and missed so many shows this year already I just want to get my fleet back into action and build up some new birds like my Sniper ASAP!