Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:05 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
I keep saying the same things over and over, maybe sometime someone will listen.

The factory in China produces a prototype for the buyer, based on the specs and engineering drawings. The protypes are always first class. Based on that, the China factory gets the order, runs the production, and packs a container which has to be paid for, in advance.

Here is the problem:

1. The production is not an exact copy of the prototype, and there are defects.
2. The production factory is changed after the protype, to a less expensive factory that takes shortcuts.
3. Both 1. or 2. happen even if the product is drop shipped from China. The production run is different than the agreed protype and the US distributor and customer are both left holding the bag.

If you read the business section of the newspaper, or have clients that deal with China you all would know this. My client's have taken back their tooling and have ramped up production in the US because of this. Just too many defects and very little quality control in China.

Like they say "We pays our money and takes our chances"
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
I keep saying the same things over and over, maybe sometime someone will listen.

The factory in China produces a prototype for the buyer, based on the specs and engineering drawings. The protypes are always first class. Based on that, the China factory gets the order, runs the production, and packs a container which has to be paid for, in advance.

Here is the problem:

1. The production is not an exact copy of the prototype, and there are defects.
2. The production factory is changed after the protype, to a less expensive factory that takes shortcuts.
3. Both 1. or 2. happen even if the product is drop shipped from China. The production run is different than the agreed protype and the US distributor and customer are both left holding the bag.

If you read the business section of the newspaper, or have clients that deal with China you all would know this. My client's have taken back their tooling and have ramped up production in the US because of this. Just too many defects and very little quality control in China.

Like they say "We pays our money and takes our chances"
U pay your money and expect a decent product.IM a plumber and if i fit a boiler and it brakes down i don't turn round and say thats the chance u take! I put things right even if its a cost to me thats why i have work and other plumbers in the uk havnt

ITS CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Last edited by alanjets; Aug 22, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:59 PM
My Lipo is Bigger than Yours!
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
I have never seen so many excuses for a crap product since I have been on here.There original 70mm jets were ok,then they went to hell.I stopped buying them several years ago!
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:02 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjets View Post
yep got it direct from HET just carnt beleve it its surely factory fault i didnt put the wood in the wrong places
Man, sorry to hear that. I thought HET was better than that. Remind me to stay away from them. If its my fault, I'll take ownership of the problem, but if its a manufacturer error, they should own up.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
if I were you I would ask them to send me a new one for free.. the best you should cover is shipping costs..
but at least try
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Yep, big talk is cheap. Tell ya what Alan, next time a China made boiler rusts out or comes with the wrong fittings, you replace it for free. I am willing to bet that you go out of business real fast, my dad did by providing good service on bakery equipment flaws that he didn't cause.

Where do you think the older male Home Depot employees came from? Out of business plumbers and electricians is the answer..

If all the US based RC dealers make good on the China flaws, the hobby is over. Think about it.

Alan G., aka Scalefan

Quote:
U pay your money and expect a decent product.IM a plumber and if i fit a boiler and it brakes down i don't turn round and say thats the chance u take! I put things right even if its a cost to me thats why i have work and other plumbers in the uk havnt

ITS CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:41 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
if I were you I would ask them to send me a new one for free.. the best you should cover is shipping costs..
but at least try
Pav I have told them I would pay the shipping but no joy
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:45 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Yep, big talk is cheap. Tell ya what Alan, next time a China made boiler rusts out or comes with the wrong fittings, you replace it for free. I am willing to bet that you go out of business real fast, my dad did by providing good service on bakery equipment flaws that he didn't cause.

Where do you think the older male Home Depot employees came from? Out of business plumbers and electricians is the answer..

If all the US based RC dealers make good on the China flaws, the hobby is over. Think about it.

Alan G., aka Scalefan
Not asking rc dealers do do anything im dealing with Het direct
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:55 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Pav I have told them I would pay the shipping but no joy
then I'm only buying from dealers... never again directly from HET.
ofcourse I havn;t bought anything but motors and fans from them and the are working flawlessly but in general I haven't heard many good stuff about their planes
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:38 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
then I'm only buying from dealers... never again directly from HET.
Good luck with that!
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Good Service:

My canopy blew off my XL Pro. Lost and gone forever in the Corona hills. Robert got me a complete replacement shipped from China for 26 bucks. To me, that is the definition of good service.

Without the canopy the plane is trash and all my time and effort would be out the window.

Same situation with another dealer, it would never happen, believe me. Every two weeks my trash pail is full from China planes that are just too flawed to warrant the cost of servos and time to build. But, like the rest of you, I still buy more. Ya got to be sick minded to be in this hobby.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:44 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,010 Posts
Quote:
Ya got to be sick minded to be in this hobby.

This...
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:49 AM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
You shouldnt not buy this plane off them just because one person has had a bad experience this plane fly's real nice and this is the first time I have had a problem with HET and i have had lots off them.
IM just alittle pi**ed that it was not my fault there was no wood in the elivator for the hinges to glue too and im sure the plane would still be flying now if there had been this is my gripe with them and the factory and nothing to do with the dealers in the U.S .EJF have tryed to help its not there fault they have been great
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:40 PM
United States, FL, Coral Springs
Joined Jan 2007
495 Posts
Any word on the new Stab. Just wondering when it will be coming out.
falconjet50 is online now Find More Posts by falconjet50
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:44 AM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Joined Dec 1999
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconjet50 View Post
Any word on the new Stab. Just wondering when it will be coming out.
Package is being delivered today at the shop with some replacement stabs. I'll update later.

--RW
Robert Wagoner is offline Find More Posts by Robert Wagoner
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Robert Wagoner; Sep 01, 2012 at 10:17 PM.