pmsl u carnt please everyone,god there are some woman on here
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,521 Posts
It's better to be a woman with pms than to be one of the sheep. Especially one that just got sheered and is getting back in line for another clipping.
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:44 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
If you are happy with the way a straight TE looks, then why bother with a two piece elevator? Makes no since to me.
Hard to tell from pictures, but it's a slightly tapered Trailing Edge and the Elevators themselves are not constant chord... pretty simple geometrically speaking from there.

I need to get another Sniper soon.
Somebody decided to put mine into a landing barrier after a kickass flight.
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,839 Posts
serious? who did that?
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Jun 2010
13 Posts
Uhhh, me... :/ mine looks great though!
stevenfox905 is offline Find More Posts by stevenfox905
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:47 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
My only regret is that I can't get another with the stock elevator... but then again there's no possible way they can fly with a stock elevator @ 4.5kw, right??
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,839 Posts
man, thats a bummer. i need to fix my nose gear mount in mine. to the credit of HET's air powered gear, mine have been holding air since july 4th!!!!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty of guys with original stabs willing to swap with you. careful what you wish for
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Doesn't phase me. I build'em right and they work.
Only problem is I'll probably do another custom scheme.

Brent,
Do you need any parts to get yours airworthy again?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:00 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,839 Posts
no, i just need to make a new nose gear mount plate. it shattered, but the rest of the framework seems to be ok. other than that, it just fractured the glass in a few spots from when the nose dug in the dirt, and it flipped over. man, was i pissed. still am. maybe thats why i havnt fixed it yet. a new nose gear that doesnt bottom out would be nice though lol
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
I feel ya.
To be completely honest, my fuse is completely repairable. Just needs a new Wing really.
However, it's a custom scheme and I think I'm gonna go for a different power setup next time; something closer to yours!

I love the unlimited vertical, stupid fast acceleration and 165mph+ passes, but I think I'd fly it more often if I had a lighter Sniper that I can really toss around.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Doesn't phase me. I build'em right and they work.
does that mean that everyone who had failures built them wrong??
what about the prototype that had too much slop in the aileron horns and fluttered during a flight at one of the events down there forget which event it was but was that built right? did that work? only your good awareness and flying ability saved that one.
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:34 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
what about the prototype that had too much slop in the aileron horns and fluttered during a flight at one of the events down there forget which event it was but was that built right?
Wasn't a prototype. Was the 2nd production model to hit US shores.

Aaaand it wasn't "slop in the aileron horns"... I failed to put enough loctite on one of the ball links and the screw let loose; nothing to do with the kit itself. I think I fessed up to that one a long time ago though some guys were trying to use it as "a sniper had elevator flutter at LA Jets".

But yes, even with one Aileron flapping around in the wind my flying buddy (who was flying her at the time) was able to transfer controls to me and I safely brought her back home. Was alot of fun.

Vic
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:45 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
does that mean that everyone who had failures built them wrong??
On the XL90?? Not sure.
I wasn't there for all of them so I cannot say 100% what happened.

- I know of one that crashed because the hinges were not glued well enough in place (due to the factory not putting wood in the stab properly)--- that kind gentleman posted pics and vid and I believe he got put into contact with Robert @ EJF right away.

- I know of another that crashed due to an Elevator servo letting loose because it was improperly and insufficiently glued in place.

- And of course, the original Prototype that I crashed at the bottom of a huge power dive when I ripped the stock cloth hinges out... which of course prompted me to recommend everyone either double-check or use beefier nylon hinges.

It's a shame my 4.1kw Sniper isn't flying anymore, but I havent' even bothered justifying the original elevator design anymore. The flying and tunnel tests proved their value... (and would bust many egos if they were present, but that's not what I was aiming for anyways)

Nonetheless, I hope the new Stab/Elevator combo is what the people are looking for!
I'll be getting my hands on one and flying them with all of ya too. I've even got some more ideas I wanna try on this bird...
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:10 PM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wagoner View Post
On the way from the factory to review.

--RW
PM sent......
Hossinarizona is online now Find More Posts by Hossinarizona