HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:57 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,971 Posts
Nah

I got the Idea from you Vic, $4.00 at Park Flyer Plastics. Thanks. I am still debating if the same size one would be enough for the ESC or go with the next bigger size.

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...f46ba821e38775

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller View Post
I *seriously* almost said something, then thought to myself, "Naaah! Ralph knows better!"

Looking good bud
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:06 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast1779 View Post
Hmm, now I'm wondering if the ESC is in front of or behind that hole. Should get more airflow if it's in front towards the nose shouldn't it? Or does it even really matter much?
how about esc right over the hole with enough space to pull air thru, maybe 1/16 standoff
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:27 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
I am still debating if the same size one would be enough for the ESC or go with the next bigger size.

Ralph
I used the largest one in that pack for my ESC.
Think I posted pics a few pages back but I'll post it again just in case.
My ESC is mounted w/ 4 small wood screws to two 1/8" pieces of hardwood. Those pieces were then glued to the inside of the Fuse. The ESC is about 3/4" back from the NACA scoop. Comes down super cool... not even a good hand warmer!

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:51 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
719 Posts
Just noticed how you integrated the stripe on the NACA duct. Nice deception
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
I prefer, "Pride in workmanship and attention to detail"

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:21 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,641 Posts
ace your so humble
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:53 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
^ ^ ^

I learned from some very fine modelers growing up.
Just trying to apply the cool tricks I learned... maybe pass a few on??
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:55 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,971 Posts
Finishing

OK, Vic, Mike,

Got the last of my parts today, It's time to get this bad boy off the ground, I got the cockpit kit I ordered from Hobby King, since this was the F-86 scheme I ordered the 90MM Pilot and Cockpit from HK, but they are way too big, so now I am going with a smaller one, I think it's made for a 70MM F-18 but it fit's OK and I can't stand to fly a plane with no Pilot.

Someone asked for a picture of my Elevator install so here are some. Since Vic and Al report that they run out of Elevator on Landing, I am thinking of putting in a little Balsa wedge on the triangle tip of the trailing edge of the Horizontal Stab to raise the lower part of the tailcone maybe 1/4 inch. What do you think Brent? Vic? Does it really need more Elevator throw with full flaps on Landing?

Ralph
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,012 Posts
Quote:
OK, Vic, Mike,

Got the last of my parts today, It's time to get this bad boy off the ground, I got the cockpit kit I ordered from Hobby King, since this was the F-86 scheme I ordered the 90MM Pilot and Cockpit from HK, but they are way too big, so now I am going with a smaller one, I think it's made for a 70MM F-18 but it fit's OK and I can't stand to fly a plane with no Pilot.

Someone asked for a picture of my Elevator install so here are some. Since Vic and Al report that they run out of Elevator on Landing, I am thinking of putting in a little Balsa wedge on the triangle tip of the trailing edge of the Horizontal Stab to raise the lower part of the tailcone maybe 1/4 inch. What do you think Brent? Vic? Does it really need more Elevator throw with full flaps on Landing?

Ralph
Ralph,

Looking good, can't wait to see this fly with the new stab. If it works out, I will have to speak with Clay, with lots of $$$
Hossinarizona is online now Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
Last edited by Hossinarizona; Jul 28, 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:00 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,971 Posts
Stab

Mike,

I saw your stab today, the hinges are glued and pinned, Honestly, unless your going 12S, I would used it, but I understand, it's a piece of mind thing.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
Ralph,

Looking good, can't wait to see this fly with the new stab. If it works out, I will have to speak with Clay, with lots of $$$
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:33 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,256 Posts
Quote:
Does it really need more Elevator throw with full flaps on Landing?
It's not *that* big a deal, just a noticeable difference from when you're going 100+ in the pattern. All I did was set up High/Low Rates.

Takeoff/Land on High --- Fly around the patch on Low.

Vic
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:36 AM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Mike,

I saw your stab today, the hinges are glued and pinned, Honestly, unless your going 12S, I would used it, but I understand, it's a piece of mind thing.

Ralph
Ralph,

Yep, it's going to be a 12S set up, that was the game plan from the very beginning, way before the stab issue raised it's ugly head. I would just like to here of other people (other than one) running a 12S set up with the stock stab and servo set up with safe results. So for now, it's just hanging on the wall collecting dust

Mike
Hossinarizona is online now Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:38 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
Ralph,

I would just like to here of other people (other than one) running a 12S set up with the stock stab and servo set up with safe results.
Mike
Yeah, good luck waiting on that.

Mike, I feel your pain. I`d just like to buy one, and I can`t even do that

Send me your stab, I`ll fix it for ya.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:51 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,971 Posts
Tragedy adverted

Tragedy adverted, I was setting the throws on the flaps, I removed the servo from the Right Wing to adjust the servo control horn. Once I put it back, I moved it through its paces to make sure I had the same amount on both sides, then the servo stopped moving and I saw a little bit of smoke, I yanked the RX battery and found the servo had burned up. Man that would have sucked to have that happen in the Air. I will replace both 82MG servos from the flaps tonight, and then I just need the nose wheel steering, thrust tube and of course Balance.

Ralph
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:13 AM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
Its quite funny as im getting excited to get another one sure to be ready soon its a great flying plane love HET stuff
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets