Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:10 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Ralph

I have a long history with that person. But I won't post the story here.
/\ /\ /\ /\
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:36 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
Guys who know how to use the programs may be able to isolate the motor noise, but RC Speedo won`t work.
Try one of these:http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0716&ppt=C0374. You can take the end of and use just the hose to pinpoint the noise source. These will also work http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9198 for detecting overall noise levels. You will need a digital Volt meter with 10Meg impedance with them. Just glue or tape to the shroud.
p901P901 is offline Find More Posts by p901P901
Last edited by p901P901; Jul 08, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:40 PM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Ralph

I have a long history with that person. But I won't post the story here.
I saw his forum web site. Most all of the threads and post are started by him.

He bashes everyone, he is one messed up dude
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:51 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,979 Posts
Back to Building

OK, I made some templates made from the cardboard of a 12-pack of Diet Coke , The first was to get the round shape in, the second was with the former sticking out into the vertical stab. Once I was satisfied with the fit, I made the one out of light ply. Notice that I first I did not cut the wood in the middle but left it as a one piece to give it strength while I grinded and sanded to shape. Once I fit like I wanted, I used my primitive tools (Dremel) and cut the former to shape. I glued that in and the Vertical stab is now glued on the plane and just waiting for the Aeropoxy to dry. While the vertical stab dries, I sanded the Elevator so I could glue that in too.

Ralph
CRCJA is online now Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:32 AM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
OK, I made some templates made from the cardboard of a 12-pack of Diet Coke , The first was to get the round shape in, the second was with the former sticking out into the vertical stab. Once I was satisfied with the fit, I made the one out of light ply. Notice that I first I did not cut the wood in the middle but left it as a one piece to give it strength while I grinded and sanded to shape. Once I fit like I wanted, I used my primitive tools (Dremel) and cut the former to shape. I glued that in and the Vertical stab is now glued on the plane and just waiting for the Aeropoxy to dry. While the vertical stab dries, I sanded the Elevator so I could glue that in too.

Ralph
Nice stab Ralph/Clay, I want one
Hossinarizona is offline Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
I lost my Sniper XL. The tail fluttered off. I have been building and flying jets since 1980, with Byron planes, I know how to put a model together. It's a bad design.
Robert has been dodging my phone calls for weeks, he screens my calls. The first time I called, he told me my plane was the only one with a problem, that I must have built it wrong. After a long argument, he hung up on me.
Now I find out that many of them have crashed the same way.
I lost my Tamjets fan, Neu motor, Castle ESC. Not much survived.
The other argument was the plane was advertised as epoxy composite, it is not, mine was polyester. I know the difference, Robert said "what's the difference?"
I was warned by Joe B about dealing with Electric Jet Factory, he bought a Mig29 there and all he got was a year of excuses, until he did a chargeback. I am not sure how I will get my money back from Robert, it is too late for a Paypal claim.
I wish I had found this thread before I flew mine, or I wish he had at least called me to warn me.
I also googled him and his company and found a long list of lawsuits against him. Now I know better.
To anybody who has this plane, don't fly it, it will likely crash and ruin your gear.
It is also hands-down the worst ARF I have ever seen, formers not glued in, poor surface finish, poor plywood parts, poor parts fit, just really cheap Chinese junk.
I am building a new El Bandito to replace it.
Never again with the cheap Chinese jets, never again with Robert and EJF.
The plane was not even shipped from his shop, he drop shipped it from China, even though he told me specifically he had it in stock.
bruceperson is offline Find More Posts by bruceperson
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:34 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Ha ha ha,

Curtis, of Easy Tiger is is back and he left his calling card.

The sad part is, Curtis has so much positive stuff to add to this hobby, reference some rather extensive build manuals that are posted on RCU, but there is this hate that festers down deep that comes to the surface every now and then.

I believe that this guy is a very proficient writer, what a waste of talent.

Understand where this stuff comes from and it is good for a big laugh.

Curtis, you made my day, made me laugh my butt off. Hey Curtis, I bet your flying Whale flutters, LOL
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
My maiden is coming up this weekend. If it doesn't go good I am going to blame flutter and bulkheads and formers. But wait, I cut them all out.

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but if mine doesn't make it, it's because I am a chitty pilot.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:42 PM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
It is sad when somebody can just join and post many times, untruths and get away with it.

Maybe the mods will catch this stuff and delete it.

There are some people that read this stuff and believe everything that is posted and many are just keyboard jet jockeys.

SAD
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
Last edited by racer1; Jul 11, 2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:46 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,289 Posts
Wow what a tool!
Thought he knew better than to hang around these parts.
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:19 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,979 Posts
Rant

To each their own I guess, once I got out of my trainer stage, I was still not a builder and would rather buy planes already built only to have to change or fix things to my liking. To this day, I have not purchased a plane, jet Kit, ARF or whatever that I did NOT have to change or modify to my taste or liking, the only exception I would put in there is BVM. The problem with some of the builds or instructions is that companies assume everyone putting their product together has the necessary experience to do so, much less the experience to fly such machine. In the early days before all the metal gear servos, we used to fly BVM Mavericks at 200MPH with Futaba 148 servos. Linkage and geometry was very important / critical back then, now with the age of servos with three times as much torque and half the size, geometry is not as critical. I mentioned I am building the plane according to my experiences, personal taste and what has worked for me. Not everyone has to go stoop to my level of building, as long as the plane is safe and according to your standards.

Yeah, some people have more time than others during the day and like to post or comment on anything, I am here to post my building techniques and tricks, just like someone showed me when I got started except back in the day we didnít have the internet, so we would meet up once in a while and do things at someoneís house or at the field. The Jabs here are directed towards HET and EJF, in RCU they throw them at Henry and Modellbau USA for their Tornado
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...89/key_/tm.htm

Now back to the Sniper XL. There are some flying and thereís been some wrecks, we all seen/read the reports both ways, could some of those wrecks been avoided by the builder? That debate will never be won and I am not here to dispute anything with ANYONE, I practically begged to be allowed to buy my plane because I felt I could build a safe flying airframe and put some of the rumors to death, along the way, I made the improvements that I wanted and made the suggestions to EJF to have HET improve on the kit. Along the way, the tail was changed by Clay (Racer1) and I was asked if I wanted try that one out. Since this is a modified Horizontal Stab, itís considerably heavier than a production stab so I am sticking to my two servos in the middle of the plane like Tam did on his. SO, take my building techniques with a grain of salt if you donít agree with them, but I think itís time I GOT BACK to what this forum was about, which is helping one another and sharing ideas and experiences.

Ralph
CRCJA is online now Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Ralph

Like you, if I said it once, I said it millions of times. There are no two planes exactly alike. All we do is move the inherent weakness from one part to another. Overbuild the gear rails, only break the wing skin on a hard landing. Run nice and pretty color air lines with keepers, only to have an air leak at the plastic T fitting...So much for pretty air lines, when it gets torn apart to find the leak..

On and on this goes, so, we here on RCG should just read what personal deviations the other guy does and maybe learn something, or sometimes know that we do that particular operation better.

That is why most of the posts are atta boys. It all doesn't matter, to each his own. I hope your brick chithouse flies good. LOL (only kidding)
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Jul 11, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:12 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,578 Posts
Ya gotta admit though, he does write a convincing speil
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
I love to mod ARFs. And do all the time. I like the headstart on the build I get when buying a plane as an arf. But that being said....
I'm starting to find out and get seriously annoyed that there is absolutely no way to build this jet as it is. No Way!! (I'd love to see someone put the Rudder on with the linkages provided. It would just be locked in place!!)
And I was led to believe that this jet went together nice and easy with no issues.
The elevator problem I can deal with.
But NOTHING else on this plane including the canopy goes together correctly!
Just a little peeved.
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, FL, Coral Springs
Joined Jan 2007
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton View Post
I love to mod ARFs. And do all the time. I like the headstart on the build I get when buying a plane as an arf. But that being said....
I'm starting to find out and get seriously annoyed that there is absolutely no way to build this jet as it is. No Way!! (I'd love to see someone put the Rudder on with the linkages provided. It would just be locked in place!!)
And I was led to believe that this jet went together nice and easy with no issues.
The elevator problem I can deal with.
But NOTHING else on this plane including the canopy goes together correctly!
Just a little peeved.
I, agree with that. The canopy alone took me around four hours to fiqure it out with out cutting the black lines over the canopy. I had to be very careful about cutting the clear milar, good luck getting a replacement cover. Also, the magnets only on the canopy for a jet that could go over 150MPH??
falconjet50 is online now Find More Posts by falconjet50