Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:36 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Heck ya, It's 5:00 somwhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
Don`t take it personaly Pav. It`s July 4th so Al`s probably hitting the wine coolers already. Is it noon there yet Al? LOL
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:11 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Niiiiiiicccceee!!!
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:11 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Heck ya, It's 5:00 somwhere.
Nice party deck boat. We need one of those. Now how can I put 20 of TJ80 on the back and use for tax write demo boat.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:17 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,966 Posts
Finishing up the wing

OK, back from vacation and I have to tell you, I was put off for a little, all the B.S. that Sleazy Tiger has on his truth website just got me mad and I didn't feel like touching the planes, but now, I can't help but laugh of how he talks to himself.

Background check, one more time. I begged Robert to get me a Sniper XL so that I could build it my way, the instructions provided are fine, but everyone has their own version of how things should work, I been building Jets since 1992 but a lot of other people have more experinece than I. As an example of my style, I decided to put the servos at 90 degrees to the flying surface by making new servo pockets and moving the servos. This reduces the binding that can cause a clevice to come off or break, but it also produces less wear or stress on the servo. I say this to make sure everyone understands that this is not a modified or fixed kit from HET but the same one everyone else got. I can provide for Sleazy or anyone interested a copy of the two PayPal Transactions to pay for the plane. Since this thread is also so large, I will include a duplicate in my blog here very soon.

Servos for the wing: For the aileron, I just cut out the corners as marked on the picture to make sure I had a servo box that was 90 Degree's to the Trailing edge of the plane. For the flaps, I cut out new servo pockets and made sure the servos will be at equal distance from the center of the wing.

Horizontal Stab: Clay (Racer1) builds UAV's as his day job for an aerospace firm, so I will just say he has the experience and knowledge to fix or design model aircraft. He changed up the stab just like the one he had made for HET, I have not gotten far enough in the build to install it on the plane, but this will be a Turbo mode weekend for building.

Ralph
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jul 07, 2012, 08:13 AM
My Lipo is Bigger than Yours!
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
Anyone clocked their speed with of these?
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:27 AM
United States, FL, Coral Springs
Joined Jan 2007
495 Posts
see if you can doppler the passes in this video:
Flight Clips of a BVM KingCat and XL90 Sniper at Delray Beach Airfield (4 min 11 sec)
falconjet50 is offline Find More Posts by falconjet50
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:57 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconjet50 View Post
see if you can doppler the passes in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNQ4U...are_video_user

Yeah I tried to doppler, but there seemed to be some kind of weird static all of the way through the video.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Who is Sleazy Tiger? Not the guy from New York "we fly what we sell"
Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:41 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post

Servos for the wing: For the aileron, I just cut out the corners as marked on the picture to make sure I had a servo box that was 90 Degree's to the Trailing edge of the plane. For the flaps, I cut out new servo pockets and made sure the servos will be at equal distance from the center of the wing.

Ralph
Whose brackets are you using for mounting the flap servos, BVM?

Thanks
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:22 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,966 Posts
Time to Purdy her up

@AL,
yep same one, Curtis.

@cquian
The ones I am using are BVM, but TAM has some and other places too if those are too expensive for this plane, like dreamworksrc.com. If you noticed my updates are done very early in the morning, so I use what I have on hand because I build late at night (too hot in the day to go in the garage).

All four servos are mounted on the wings, I need to either re-use the covers that I cut out or make new ones. I decided to start putting stickers on the jet, I did messed up one of the "U" from the vertical decal, oh well. I still have not made up my mind if I should use the "Dragon" Decal for the right hand side too or the planes name with the guy holding the MIG?? What would look better?

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Who is Sleazy Tiger? Not the guy from New York "we fly what we sell"
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:08 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,893 Posts
Just use a black Sharpe to make a "U". I won`t tell.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, FL, Coral Springs
Joined Jan 2007
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
Yeah I tried to doppler, but there seemed to be some kind of weird static all of the way through the video.
Sorry, There is music all thru the video, can't doppler with that. When I get back from training I'll make some fast passes.....next week.
falconjet50 is offline Find More Posts by falconjet50
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:37 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,893 Posts
Guys who know how to use the programs may be able to isolate the motor noise, but RC Speedo won`t work.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:35 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
B e a you tifull
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Ralph

I have a long history with that person. But I won't post the story here.