SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,360 Posts
That look good, congrats. It would be good to see how fast it`s going on some of those passes, but the clips were so short I don`t think they`ll doppler. Could you post the full flight so we can see the speed? I know you said you weren`t at full power, but it would still be good to know. Thanks
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:00 PM
United States, FL, Coral Springs
Joined Jan 2007
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
That look good, congrats. It would be good to see how fast it`s going on some of those passes, but the clips were so short I don`t think they`ll doppler. Could you post the full flight so we can see the speed? I know you said you weren`t at full power, but it would still be good to know. Thanks
More video to come, that was just a quick clip of maiden. I'll get some better video this week.........
falconjet50 is offline Find More Posts by falconjet50
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Jan 2007
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Nice flight and even better the landing!
What field/club?
The club is PalmBeach R/C club. the field is located off of Atlantic Ave in Delray Beach. Take turnpike to Atlantic Ave go west til the road ends. Park entance on right follow road to the back of the park.......
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Jan 2007
502 Posts
Flights 3 and 4 complete.
Finished up two more flights, no video availiable. Flying just like first two flights. Did a couple of Split S turns no issues. Sniper really moves along quite well. Definately easier to land than habu, just set up approach angle and use throttle to take you to the runway. Very easy to fly the nose down the runway after landng. Downloaded data from Castle HV ESC:
Max Watts: 3658
Max Amps : 92
Max Temp : 175 A little better than before, more agressive throttle on these flights
Flights times : First flight was 6:30 Battery voltage 3.79 per cell
Second flight 6:10 Battery voltage 3.80 per cell
Last edited by falconjet50; Jun 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:32 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,360 Posts
Wow, great flight times. Yeah, maybe staying in the power more helped the esc to run cooler, gotta love that!

I flew a combat contest at your field in Dec `07. The runway had just been redone. Man that is one super nice strip of pavement!.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:01 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconjet50 View Post
Flights 3 and 4 complete.
Finished up two more flights, no video availiable. Flying just like first two flights. Did a couple of Split S turns no issues. Sniper really moves along quite well. Definately easier to land than habu, just set up approach angle and use throttle to take you to the runway. Very easy to fly the nose down the runway after landng. Downloaded data from Castle HV ESC:
Max Watts: 3658
Max Amps : 92
Max Temp : 175 A little better than before, more agressive throttle on these flights
Flights times : First flight was 6:30 Battery voltage 3.79 per cell
Second flight 6:10 Battery voltage 3.80 per cell
falcon... is yours bone stock? (talking about the elevator)
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
can;t wait to see one with a stumax and 4000watts... comooon HET do the homework
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:16 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,360 Posts
[QUOTE=falconjet50;22031415]Mods:
Carbon Fiber former in tail section under rudder, taken from a crashed Habu 32,(Thanks Freddy B !!)
Tamjet electric retracts, work great, Seven (7) robart hinges and three (3) large CA style hinges in elevator as well, so far no flutter. Rudder has five(5) robart hinges on it as well. Flaps and Ailerons I used stock CA hinges.

QUO[QUOTE]

your answer about the elevator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Jan 2007
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
falcon... is yours bone stock? (talking about the elevator)
Yes, Stock elevator , I did place some square Bass wood stock in the Horizon stab to make sure the robart hinges where in some strong material then used BVM Epoxy to secure them in. As I mentioned I have seven robart hinges with 3 CA hinges. I am used 4-40 hardware with Carbon fiber overlay on push rod.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
4-40 is what I use usually when building high speed planes.. same in my hk viperjet..
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Aug 2011
44 Posts
hello all

or did you put the esc in your aircraft ?
vengame is offline Find More Posts by vengame
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Jan 2007
502 Posts
Just Completed flights 5 and 6. I learn on flight #5 why they don't want the CG past 4.5 Inches. I will post video later tonight or tomorrow. The video will explain all. The plane stalled while I was setting up for landing , Just put down the flaps and looked down to find gear switch. The plane stalled and dropped a wing to the left and did a complete roll before I recovered with a elevator stall at the bottom. You will have to watch the video to see what happened. After recovery the landing was uneventfull. Definately do not place the CG of this thing beyond 4.5 Inches. I have been normally flying at 4 inches and it is fine. I wanted to see how it would fly if I moved it back a little more and did I find out!!!
Flight number 6 was perfect, no real high speed passes but I am starting to move the throttle higher and higher. The batteries should be "broken" in by now. the landing was perfect, this thing does land so nicely . Again, video to come...........Here is the video!!!!

Flight of the Sniper A.K.A "Snapper Head". at Delray Beach AirField. (2 min 55 sec)
Last edited by falconjet50; Jul 01, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:12 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,923 Posts
Nice save!!! what are all those angry bee's????
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
That jet looks fast, when are you going to do a top speed pass. Please post vid and speed when you do.
BVMFastFreddy is offline Find More Posts by BVMFastFreddy
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:17 AM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Nice save!!! what are all those angry bee's????
sounds like an rc car track is near by, might be an off-road 1/8th scale

nice save bro, good work. very well flown.
Lojik is online now Find More Posts by Lojik