HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,930 Posts
Hey airbus blamed AA airlines for the a-300 crash in NY about 10yrs back. Overuse of controls(rudder), to recover from wake turbulance....
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:02 AM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Vic,

Do you have the drawing of the Sniper XL, in all white? I saw before that you had posted one with the Blue for your paint scheme and now that I want to add some decals to my plane, I can plan better if I had the drawing.

Thanks

Ralph
Yo Ralph,
Sorry bud I've been stupid-busy this past week... house is getting painted both inside and out AND I'm helping my parents move into THEIR new home on the other side of town (what a drive!). Send me an email, I'll hook you up with the full-size file.

Vic
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
2,018 Posts
Rudder Servo

So, I felt like a hypocrite because I said I wanted the servo to be serviceable and then I put it inside the fuselage, I took it out and then cut the hole in the vertical stab. Once I put the servo in there, I noticed that geometry for the pushrod was not optimal and was again in a dilemma, fix it the right way or leave it as is. Well, I decided to fix it the right way. Started cutting the metal control arm and I noticed it started coming off the rudder, the heat started to soften the glue, so I just pulled it out. I put in a new control horn and made yet another second hole for the servo. So here is my geometry.

Now that I needed to touch up the Black and Grey paint, so might as well fix the flaps too. Not everyone has a programmable servos and I was not in a mood to buy a programmer and those kind of servos yet, so I also headed up the control horns for that and removed them. I also made a new hole for the flap servo so that both servos face the same direction and I don’t need to reverse one.

Ralph
CRCJA is online now Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:17 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
2,018 Posts
Flaps

Back to the flaps, like I said everyone has their own way of building planes, this is just the way I like to have mine done, I was trying to have both servos face the same direction and that way you can use a simple "Y" Harness, but there appears to be a couple of ribs in the way, so I will still end up using two channels. I still will not a servo reverser since I can do that in the TX. Anyway, they say a picture is a better story teller, here are a couple to help me out.

Ralph
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Back to the flaps, like I said everyone has their own way of building planes, this is just the way I like to have mine done, I was trying to have both servos face the same direction and that way you can use a simple "Y" Harness, but there appears to be a couple of ribs in the way, so I will still end up using two channels. I still will not a servo reverser since I can do that in the TX. Anyway, they say a picture is a better story teller, here are a couple to help me out.

Ralph
Question is, will it be ready by Sunday
Hossinarizona is online now Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:45 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,248 Posts
I hope so, would like to read about the maiden, especially since Tam chickened out.

My maiden is set for around July 8, taking off for a week. I completed mine exactly as in the manual, except for sealing the stock elevator with clear tape, both top and bottom.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:57 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
I hope so, would like to read about the maiden, especially since Tam chickened out.

My maiden is set for around July 8, taking off for a week. I completed mine exactly as in the manual, except for sealing the stock elevator with clear tape, both top and bottom.
lol!! ........now thats not nice Al
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:59 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post

Yup....chicken out spend time with family and come to work 15 hours to make money and spend more time with family and come back make money.
LOL...
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Yup....chicken out spend time with family and come to work 15 hours to make money and spend more time with family and come back make money.
LOL...
Tam's making that much he's offering everyone 40% discount a Tam lol
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
770 Posts
EJF / HET / Official-Unofficial Representatives - any ETA on when a replacement stab/elevator will be available for those of us waiting on this before starting our builds?

It got really HOT in North Texas so we are into our second build season for the next 2 months
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:47 PM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
Question is, will it be ready by Sunday
No

I am not finished with the tail. That picture is the one I modified and was sent to HET.

Sorry Guys.
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjets View Post
Tam's making that much he's offering everyone 40% discount a Tam lol
LOL...15 hrs a day.
I should charge for OT. LOL than I give the discount.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:53 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
2,018 Posts
Stab

@cquian,

Carlos ( I think, right?) I was just at Clay's work during lunch and he stated that the Re-Worked stab that he made, just got mailed to HET, so that means they don't get it till next week, and then I have no clue how long it would take them to make new ones with the modifications.

@Scalefan,

Al, since mine won't be done in time and the X-Games are in LA this weekend, we should just go fly yours. I'll make the drive if your going flying this weekend.

@HossinArizona

Mike, since Clay wont't be done, no reason to try and rush it. When I dropped the stab off, I told him to take his time since work comes first.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
EJF / HET / Official-Unofficial Representatives - any ETA on when a replacement stab/elevator will be available for those of us waiting on this before starting our builds?

It got really HOT in North Texas so we are into our second build season for the next 2 months
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Deleted as I originally mistook the meaning of the poster...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,248 Posts
Ralph

I keep traveling to AZ and you keep traveling to LA, at some time I bet we pass on the freeway.

Actually I feel real good about the XL Pro, it's light, sleek, and it has pretty big wings as compared to some other similar jets, it should fly great.

My problems are consistent with small hard to see planes flown from flying fields that are relatively flat, I let them get out too far. I am not worried about the maiden of this plane and I am using self hypnosis and imagining myself doing low passes and split s turns to keep the thing within the fishbowl that defines our flying field.

I actually will do this maiden myself.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN