LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brickyard is offline Find More Posts by Brickyard
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:12 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
OMG.....
Now get back the sniper....I been super busy this week and didn't touch it.
Tomorrow had all days to install fan, servo extension, and program radio for sunday maiden.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,988 Posts
I got this white Box

I probably will not be able to start on anything on till Monday, but If I get started, I will keep you guys posted. It's all Brent's fault, this one might be on sale right after the first couple of flights, I like his paint job better and might get a second one in all primer or Grey, whatever they come in, OR I just might sand this one down.

Everyone has their own way of building, and the first thing I will tell you is I DO NOT like the way the rudder servo is installed. This would be great if the Vertical stab was removable, BUT since it's not, I don't like the servo arrangement. You can always cut an access hatch for the servo, but I think it should be done when you build the plane. Just like the others, the control horns are glued in, this is great but they have also drilled out the holes for the control horns too big. @Robert, I would vote for them to drill the holes a lot smaller even if the builder has to make them bigger to suit his/her building and control arms.

YES, this one still has the original stab and that was the deal I made, I just wanted to get one in my hands, even if it meant having the original horizontal stab. HET / EJF is not shipping any planes until the modifications are finalized.

Ralph
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:53 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
Ralph

Your Sniper doesn't have the same colors as mine, did you get it on the black market. I swear, yours looks Pink, but I am mostly color blind. Well, my wife says it"s Grey, but it sure looks like a funny type of Grey. let's call it Transvestite Grey matching the lady that I saw in the supermarket in Lake Havasu..

Hey Ralph, there is absolutely nothing on this plane that fits right or is designed right, but it"s cheap.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Jun 16, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:57 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Ralph

Your Sniper doesn't have the same colors as mine, did you get it on the black market. I swear, yours looks Pink, but I am mostly color blind. Well, my wife says it"s Grey, but it sure looks like a funny type of Grey. let's call it Transvestite Grey matching the lady that I saw in the supermarket in Lake Havasu..

Hey Ralph, there is absolutely nothing on this plane that fits right or is designed right, but it"s cheap.
Transvestite Grey love it pmsl .
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
Lets keep this thread up and beat the dead horse.

Well, mine is just about finished. It took more work than planned. Lots of little things like blind nuts coming loose on the wing bolts, shortening the thrust tube, the elevator servo gets in the way.

By the way, I put the Turnigy 120A dlux inside the thrust tube and ran it up, the setup blows crazy strong and sounds perfect.

HET 700-68-1500

I guess Tam isn't in a hurry to get his in the air. "CHICKEN" pluck pluck pluck

Ralph, if yours is Grey, I like it, if it's Pink, you better fly it when nobody is around. LOL
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
Yeah but Ralph had a FIRE SALE

I could not resist.

Clay
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:28 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,988 Posts
Started

OK, so now I started mine, You have to finish cutting the formers out of the flat sheet, and before you start to try to glue anything CLEAN the fuselage and parts. if you look at the pictures of the inside of my fuselage, it is very dirty, I mark where the formers will go and sand with 80grit sandpaper and clean. Either use epoxy or in my case, Tack glue parts in place with CA and then apply your favorite glue, Do not try to pull the fuselage/body to match the formers, I am using aeropoxy to fill in the rest.

Ralph
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:36 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,988 Posts
More parts

I first test fit the HET Fan, to see what AL was talking about. You should Tack the parts in plane and test fit, I found out that the mounts are made perfectly for the 9305V2 Fan, but if your intakes are place either too high or too low, it will be at an angle. For my JETFAN 90, it was fine, since my tabs for the fan are made so that I glue them in where I want to. What you want to do is fit the Fan on the intake first and then make sure your thrust tube will be straight.

Ralph
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:29 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,639 Posts
The wemo housing should also drop straight in too, both het and wemo housings. Jetfan and my housings are good for composites as you can install the housing into the duct, tape it in place then fix the brackets to the exact spot you want.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:41 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,947 Posts
Ralph your going to love that JF 90 and 1500 kv ...sweet 8s set up
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:06 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,490 Posts
What are you guys doing about the rounded intake divider? Are you extending it to merge at center? Seems all the HET's have this flaw also...
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
I ended up installing the HET fan exactly as was mentioned, slid the fan in the duct, taped it centered, made up the rails, glued the rails to the front former, screwed the fan to the rails, then sanded and cut the rear former to provide the support for the rails, removed the fan, and glued everything with Hysol.

Making up the thrust tube was the next problem, the rear former has to sanded down quite a bit in order for the thrust tube to be attached to the fan.

I am sure you will see this in Ralph's pictures.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:17 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Lets keep this thread up and beat the dead horse.

Well, mine is just about finished. It took more work than planned. Lots of little things like blind nuts coming loose on the wing bolts, shortening the thrust tube, the elevator servo gets in the way.

By the way, I put the Turnigy 120A dlux inside the thrust tube and ran it up, the setup blows crazy strong and sounds perfect.

HET 700-68-1500

I guess Tam isn't in a hurry to get his in the air. "CHICKEN" pluck pluck pluck

Ralph, if yours is Grey, I like it, if it's Pink, you better fly it when nobody is around. LOL

Not at all.....money is calling me and short week to get work done before vaction. Every customers want their stuffs fisrt before my vacation. LOL.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
Vacation?

What are the dates of your vacation?

Your customers need to know when you will be gone cause nothing will get done at the shop, and nothing will be shipped.