HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:27 AM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Jul 2011
1,837 Posts
Kyle you know I first typed 23' but changed it to 26' because that was so long ago and at my age some of the details are forgotten. I do remember though that the factory did not want to take the boat home after the show so they were offering a deep cut to the dealers. Another dealer and I offered it to customers at crazy prices and neither of us could sell it. The show liked to hype how many sales were made at the show but truthfully, very few were sold that were not already buyers that the dealers would bring to the show to ink the deals there. Most others at the show were "tire kickers". We were mainly looking for prospects to follow up on after the show. Could tell some very amusing stories of things that went on at the shows.

Bill
sound sailor is online now Find More Posts by sound sailor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
628 Posts
paul do you know when you are going to start the tuna tower
kcusumano is offline Find More Posts by kcusumano
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:03 PM
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Oct 2011
2,861 Posts
No. This week and next week i'll be busy.
Band1 is offline Find More Posts by Band1
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined May 2012
193 Posts
My fleet :

At our last club picnic , our holiday dinner , and during a sale of 3 of my boats , a few of the fellows have asked about my fleet . After speaking with Paul to see what he thought , I decided to start posting some pictures of the boats I have in this ever growing fleet . Unfortunately I have a tendency to spend monies I haven't earned yet but hey I'm like a 12 year old (mentally) with a credit card . So here goes .....I hope you enjoy !
I'm starting with my fast electrics first .These are all Graupner boats , three of which are based on their deepV hull . There is Skydancer which was painted with a storm theme above the ocean that has an outdrive motor and could run on a 6cell pack but I mostly keep her out of the water.
Then On Eagles Wing which was a botched paint job from a supposably reputable painter who couldn't follow directions and so it looks like Woody woodpecker . Anyway she's a 6-12 cell deep V with a geared speed 500 that I cruise around the pond with . Speed is pleasurable with decent run times !
Next is Thunder , my first boat ever built . She has a speed 700 water cooled with a Tekin 432 Marine ESC and runs the unlimited races with 12 or 14 cells . She took 2nd and 1st respectively in those cell classes . She has a different canopy now because of that whole "rubbing is racing" thing . Her first race was a six boat heat and I was hit by every boat racing , lost the canopy , but finished 2nd topless and taking on water .
Last but not least is Dances With Waves. A Graupner Key West catamaran with a cable flex driven speed 700 BB with a Tekin 432 Marine with 12-14 cells. She handles like she is on rails and has never failed to wow any spectators .
Well that is it for now I'll post other boats later .....
PTman is offline Find More Posts by PTman
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, CT, Wethersfield
Joined Mar 2006
1,195 Posts
Louie did you get that boat?
Browndog is online now Find More Posts by Browndog
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
Joined Jul 2011
1,837 Posts
Hadn't seen your FEs John. Quite a departure from your scale boats!!

Keep posting the fleet. It might be nice to haotembers do the same after yours to show what is in the club.

George, you asking about the Donzi? Been wondering also.

Bill
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
no such thing as to many boats
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2010
2,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
Louie did you get that boat?
Sure did I'll post when it comes but don't tell Paul
louie R/C NUT is online now Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:34 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
Joined Jul 2011
1,837 Posts
Congrats, Louie, It sure looks like it'll be a beauty. Good you got all that work, eh?
I don't think Paul will see it here.

Bill
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:48 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Band1 View Post
How's the boat coming along Kyle ?
Which one . Bass boat is done minus painting the bow rail and other minor touch ups. I soldered up a rudder for it so that needs to be painted. I made it just like the big boys with a hole in the middle to slide the prop shaft through when it needs to be greased. Overall very pleased with how it came out, took a while though because I needed to file the rudder post in the section where the rudder needed to be soldered because the post was such a large diameter. It was 3/16" and needed to be about 1/8". I will post pics of that soon.

I made the roof for the tour master (cut it and bent it to shape) but it needs a little more work. It is mounted the the cabin so it is getting there. The styrene is very easy to work with. I will need to paint the roof and bottom, then add details such as the windows, trim, fittings, rudder, life raft, roof "supports" and exhaust. It's getting there!
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:35 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-CUSTOM-CE...item3a7ca03f6b

In case anyone here is looking for an outboard boat....her is one with twin ep1's! Boat looks well built with some nice detail but still room to improve.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
here are a few pics. still need to straighten out the roof on the tour master.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie R/C NUT View Post
Sure did I'll post when it comes but don't tell Paul
It will look great on a night run !
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthis View Post
here are a few pics. still need to straighten out the roof on the tour master.
It's looking good Kyle.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined May 2007
1,545 Posts
Quote:
It will look great on a night run !
And a day run!

looking good guys!!

-Rich.
RICH404 is offline Find More Posts by RICH404
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:19 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,730 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Pete, that's why i like to work with styrene, you land up with a
smooth surface as long as the frame work is good.
You may have mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I would like to know what adhesive you use. I know there us cyano for plastics, but have also heard that it gets brittle. I know there are solvents for plastruct and Testers liquid cement fur styrene, Just want to know what gives you your great results.

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor