HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Oct 2011
2,861 Posts
Here's some more work on the Donzi . The FB deck is done exept for the
seats desk and console. This cabin was a lot of work even in plastic but
i look at it now and it was worth it. I have to finish one of the lower details along the sides and the biggest part is done.
Band1 is offline Find More Posts by Band1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
no such thing as to many boats
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2010
2,032 Posts
Rich has some very good idears but when put to a vote most of the members will not be up for racing like Paul said we tried this already with no success most member feel like Bill .

Bill the problem with voting or talking about this at meeting is most members do not show up we had elections at this past meeting and only 9 members where there meetings don't work .

James you have no idear what it takes to put on a big show we don't have enough man power or money that's why we do one show at the mall in march . If you come to the meeting in January you will get a calendar for the up coming year with all the events in there.

We are working hard on getting a both at this years warm show let's see how many member are willing to spend the weekend there to support the both .
louie R/C NUT is online now Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
no such thing as to many boats
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2010
2,032 Posts
Very well done Paul looking good
louie R/C NUT is online now Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:03 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Jul 2011
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie R/C NUT View Post
Bill the problem with voting or talking about this at meeting is most members do not show up we had elections at this past meeting and only 9 members where there meetings don't work .
We are working hard on getting a both at this years warm show let's see how many member are willing to spend the weekend there to support the both .
Louie, I realize about attendance but if members don't show then they can't gripe about decisions made there and that includes me.
I just have a deep feeling that a public forum in't the place to discuss club business and do planning but I guess I'm the only one that feels that way so I'll let it drop. Some things are already being brought up way to many times on here and I probably should have done this via PM also.
As long as I have no conflicting plans i will be willing to work at WRAM.

Beautiful work Paul. That is gonna be a show stopper!!

Bill
sound sailor is online now Find More Posts by sound sailor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Oct 2011
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound sailor View Post
Louie, I realize about attendance but if members don't show then they can't gripe about decisions made there and that includes me.
I just have a deep feeling that a public forum in't the place to discuss club business and do planning but I guess I'm the only one that feels that way so I'll let it drop. Some things are already being brought up way to many times on here and I probably should have done this via PM also.
As long as I have no conflicting plans i will be willing to work at WRAM.

Beautiful work Paul. That is gonna be a show stopper!!

Bill
Bill we would never expect you guys to be at a meeting , you live too far.
Band1 is offline Find More Posts by Band1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:18 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
Joined Jul 2011
1,837 Posts
Paul, I was referring to all of the membership and including myself. You don't attend...don't gripe about decisisions made there. Otherwise attend and be a part of the decision making process.

The rest of the running gear is coming for Sandy B tomorrow so a trial run should be done before the Holiday.

Bill
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:25 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Paul, I was referring to all of the membership and including myself. You don't attend...don't gripe about decisisions made there. Otherwise attend and be a part of the decision making process.

The rest of the running gear is coming for Sandy B tomorrow so a trial run should be done before the Holiday.

Bill
Make sure to let me know how it work out for you!..... I made a bow rail for the bass boat, I'm not sure I like it with it but I cant turn back! My solder work was nice and it is all square and even from what I can see. Its strong enough that I can just about hang the entire weight of the boat on it!
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
628 Posts
rich you know what one day when you bring your dauntless with your astro 25 motors I will bring my donzi with my motors and we will race once because I would like to see if my motors that are soppose to be faster than astro 25 I would like to see which one is faster our boats are the same size and lengh
kcusumano is offline Find More Posts by kcusumano
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
628 Posts
boat looks great
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
628 Posts
Quote:

Bill
bill shot a video so we could see
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
628 Posts
guys they were just ideas I think we confirmed no races I could see you guys dont want to do it and thats ok any more conversation on this topic should go pravite no more talk about races on the form only pravitly
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:42 PM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
Joined Jul 2011
1,837 Posts
Kyle, would like to see a pic of the pulpit. Did you make it short or one of those real long ones that some have??

I'll let you know how the run goes. I can take some still pix in the water but just can't do video without another person. As I said the prop is really a crap shoot based on what was available but at least it can be a starting point or I could be extremely lucky. I am not looking for a lot of speed out of this one.

Bill

Just reread Kyle and see you did a bow rail not a pulpit. Still a pic would be nice
Last edited by sound sailor; Nov 18, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Aug 2011
628 Posts
thats ok bill as long as you have the pics
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Aug 2011
628 Posts
guys this is going to be a long long long long winter
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:03 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
here are two pics of it, it has a small pulpit.
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis