Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2003
37 Posts
T-6a

It was a great flying plane OS90FX with tuned muffler..Working nv lights electric retracts, etc...it was pretty quick too.
last winter I strained it throught the trees at th far left end of the field on final. I rebuilt it. then it became mulch from straining it though the trees on the far rt side of the field.
I'm beginning to think my depth perception is going, the older I get.
NoFlaps is offline Find More Posts by NoFlaps
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:16 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,882 Posts
Had fun flying today with everybody. The maiden of the fbl 600N was good.
HugoCraft is online now Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,984 Posts
Good for you John. Glad some people were able to go fly today. I'm sick right now. Dizziness and sinus alergies are getting the best of me right now. It looked cold outside.

I forgot to post this video that you took for me.

Horizon Hobby's E-Flite Habu32 does 137mph on stock setup @ 1:11 sec (2 min 42 sec)
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Jan 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,882 Posts
I shot a little bit of video today of Josh flying his heli.

JR Nex 50 FBL (0 min 40 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,882 Posts
Had fun yesterday

John Stuart Jan22 (7 min 20 sec)
Old Feb 06, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlaps View Post
It was a great flying plane OS90FX with tuned muffler..Working nv lights electric retracts, etc...it was pretty quick too.
last winter I strained it throught the trees at th far left end of the field on final. I rebuilt it. then it became mulch from straining it though the trees on the far rt side of the field.
I'm beginning to think my depth perception is going, the older I get.
Where did this post come from? I didn't even know that you replied. Mulch?!?! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That stinks, but I know what you mean! When I flew my T-28 for its first time at our field (hey you were my co-pilot on that maiden) I thought I was going to go into the trees over on the right side when I was coming in for my landing. Thankfully, I missed them by a few feet. The shadow from the plane on top of the trees helped me realize how close I really was.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:47 AM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
925 Posts
Flew there for the first time on tue. 2/7 since joining. What a great place to fly! Really enjoyed watching other people fly too. Since I got back into this hobby after taking a break for 20 yrs. I can now watch and learn from others. I live in Bardstown and have been flying at soccer fields alone for the past year and this was the closest club. I got to maiden my new Parkzone S.E.5a and it was a wondeful flight. Great flying plane. Also got to watch John and Josh do some incredible 3D with some helis. Flew a 22 yr. old Midwest Aerosport 40 a couple of times but my old OS .40 kept cutting out after 5 min. Had to dead stick once and missed the runway. Landed and nosed over but no damage. Little bit of a drive for me to get there but well worth it. Looking foreward to a great summer of flying there with everyone. Dug out my 22 yr. old ME-109, a kit made by Midwest. Gonna try it next time.
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:08 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,984 Posts
Glad you like it! Its a wonderful field with a bunch of great guys.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:47 AM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
Joined Apr 2010
925 Posts
I see on your page that your building a Great Planes J-3. Great looking plane. I just recieved my Phoenix Super Decathlon ARF from Tower with an OS 55. The model looks like its made well. This is my first ARF. Gonna head up to Scale Reproductions next time I'm in Lou. and pick up the servos etc. Hope to have it at the field soon for the maiden. 20 yrs. ago I built quite a few Great Planes kits and loved them all. Very well made. I have noticed during my long break from this hobby that kits kind of went to the wayside. I can understand this as the ARF saves all the time but it is a good feeling to build something from scratch and have it look scale and fly well. This is my old Aerosport 40 kit that I put a new Spectrum reciever in and brought it back to life.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helibard View Post
I see on your page that your building a Great Planes J-3. Great looking plane. I just recieved my Phoenix Super Decathlon ARF from Tower with an OS 55. The model looks like its made well. This is my first ARF. Gonna head up to Scale Reproductions next time I'm in Lou. and pick up the servos etc. Hope to have it at the field soon for the maiden. 20 yrs. ago I built quite a few Great Planes kits and loved them all. Very well made. I have noticed during my long break from this hobby that kits kind of went to the wayside. I can understand this as the ARF saves all the time but it is a good feeling to build something from scratch and have it look scale and fly well. This is my old Aerosport 40 kit that I put a new Spectrum reciever in and brought it back to life.
Its nice to meet you. And Scale is a great place. They all are friendly over there, even the old train guys. LOL. I'm actually headed there today to get some servos and maybe a plane. I'm not familiar with the Phoenix Super Decathlon. What size is it? I've noticed that ARF's are becoming more mainstream. And after building this cub, I can't blame society for wanting that instant satisfaction too much. But it sure is fun building something and watch it turn into a flying model.

Shoot me a PM when you go to maiden the Decathlon. I'll drive down to see it. I'm about 1/2 hr from the field.

Jon
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:00 AM
Wingman II
Joined Sep 2011
1,209 Posts
Glad to have new faces. The field is a great location and perfect set up. Hope to see you out there when it warms up.
diggity2424 is online now Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
Glad to have new faces. The field is a great location and perfect set up. Hope to see you out there when it warms up.
What? Are you not going out there today? Its a balmy 24 degrees. Lol.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:23 PM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
Joined Apr 2010
925 Posts
Phoenix Super Decathlon has a 66" wing. Rated for a .46 to a .51 but I have read that the .46 is way underpowered so I went with the OS 55. I read on here that it will still fit under the cowl. Here's the link
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBGZS&P=ML
Jim
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:33 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helibard View Post
Also got to watch John and Josh do some incredible 3D with some helis.
We do so-so 3d
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:54 PM
Wingman II
Joined Sep 2011
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
What? Are you not going out there today? Its a balmy 24 degrees. Lol.
I guess we are aloud a few cold days this winter, but not to many. I've got some new planes I got to maiden.
diggity2424 is online now Find More Posts by diggity2424