SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 09, 2011, 12:45 PM
Slovenia, Žalec, Šempeter v Savinjski dolini
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
New Product
MIBO Elektra V & X FAI

Aloha

On last national competitions we where flying by the new FAI rules. I was flying with Elektra weight 1850g. http://mibomodeli.com/ and movie
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MIBO-M...07575582597171
Weather sonny and warm, wind 3 to 4m/s. Perfect conditions for thermal flying.
Elektra got first and third place with spectacular crash in first round of fly-off.
But this is history...so, for the next year I would like to have plane bellow 1700g. This plane has a lot of reserve and most important one is the weight.

Because of this MIBO makes new fuselage which has longer nose to put lighter set-up. Last month I got the new one and I started to put together all parts....well I was impressed...
Wing tips weight with servo (HS65HB) 223g and middle part with servo Graupner DES 448 BB MG 505g. All together 1001g.
seborossi is offline Find More Posts by seborossi
Last edited by seborossi; Sep 25, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 01:03 PM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
Complete wing is prefabricated with all this small parts and it is ready to instal only the servo-lock. It takes not more than 30 min. to finish one wing tip. Also middle part is ready to instal servo-locks and cabels. There is no need to cut the hools for servo lead.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 02:03 PM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
V-tail is ready to connect on carbon tube 6mm....well not much to do...
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:49 AM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
For set-up I use HET 2W; KPG 5.2:1; KOBY 90LV; 3S Hyperion 1100mAh; Spiner Graupner 32mm and prop 13x11 (13x9). Holder for motor is already glued. It is wery important to mount first the motor and batery to check the CG. After this you can start mounting the servos and RX. You have posibiliti to put servo little bit front of the nose or back near by wing. CG for this light plane is 90 to 95mm, of course depending from the pilot...
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
First test of the new plane ...well the plane is not so slowly as I was thinking. But using the termal mode this is what I want, good slow circulation in the lift, like I toy... The weather was warm and still but good termal. Anyway this plane will also fly in middle wind up to 6m/s.
Im waiting to get more wind here than I tell you more....
Also for this still weather I will play with the CG.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 05:39 AM
Nederland, ZE, Zierikzee
Joined Dec 2010
60 Posts
Hi Sebastjan

Verry nice that the Electra fly's well. I am thinking about it to buy one also.
There are more pilots in the Netherlands thinking about the electra.

Witch Kontronik gear are you using?? There are two differend types.
KPG25 and KPG27

Best regards: Adrie
Adrie1966 is offline Find More Posts by Adrie1966
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:10 AM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
Hallo Adrie

KPG 25 is the right one. Im glad you like it, you will be surprised how it flys..

Today I make some more tests. I put the CG on 95mm (before 90mm) and plane circulate more slowly but lossing the penetration. So I modify the speed mode, 1mm flap & eleron up, and elevator 1mm down...for know OK.
..Im still waiting for some wind

The result is this graph..hard work for 6min on 20m...

This set-up give you 13m/s climb and also good horizontal speed for wind conditions...only small problem, still to heavy..mamamia.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:03 PM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seborossi View Post
I put the CG on 95mm (before 90mm) and plane circulate more slowly but lossing the penetration.
Sounds like you just need a little more down trim. No need to mess with the airfoil.

BTW thanks for the write-up.

Regards,

Neil.
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:06 AM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
....ah no problem...it is my pleasure.

Well in normal flight I have trim down this I expected...but to travel fast to another lift or you need to go home in windy conditions you need "S" profile to eliminate the lift and resistance. In other words beter gliding ratio...this profile is meet for this thinks other wise the plane is too light...
Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:36 AM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
Almost done with the testing. Elektra flys just prfect, I was able to go up with wery small thermal (0,2m/s).... also it was wery strange termal, on 100m and more there was nothing but between 30 to 80m a lot of soft bubbles...
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:23 AM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
....final I´m home...
We are realy lucky...still no wind. But you can realy feel that the winter is comming...no snow but cold and fogy. Sun is losing the power and there for almost no termal...you can see on graph.

Now I will start to put new set-up into the new fuse.. I expect to come on magic 1600g. I let you now in one week..
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
London
Joined Dec 2003
104 Posts
Hi Sebastjan,

I am very interested in the Electra so I look forward to your next post.

I can't decide which wing layup to get. I like the very low weight you have but I am a bit concerned about tip flutter.
We seem to get more windy conditions now so I am thinking the 'disser' wing would be better.
Any thoughts on that?
Cheers
Pete
Mitch-air is offline Find More Posts by Mitch-air
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:01 PM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
I was flying F3J between 1900g and 2300g. In Turky wind was more than 16m/s and I was with 2.3kg wery comfortable ....no problem. Also in the summer time I was flying not less then 2000g. But this is F3J... fast lounch (2s) and you are on 100m, on F5J you will need to start as low as possible and with lighter plane is much easy to circulate...
For you ....1900g-1950g for all weather conditions disser even better.
I have disser Elektra at home with 1850g, till know no tip flutter, maybe because I take care of the plane never make down speed yet.., I do this with butterfly..
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:09 PM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
1600 g for a fully molded 3 metre electric plane is an outstanding effort. Weight is certainly not the only thing that counts but just to show you can do it is interesting in itself.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:45 AM
Joined May 2010
108 Posts
it is 3505mm...