SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Jason M, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 26, 2001, 09:12 PM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,120 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
FS: Scale fuse for JR Voyager E - Ecureuil/A-Star

Hello everyone!

Well, this weekend is our big "Scale Heli" fly in and Im looking very much forward to it. I had hoped to have my scale Voyager up and running, but due to lack of time, I didnt finish either of my two bodies!

Because of this and time constraints, Ive decided I only need one and not 2 fuses. So up for sale is the famous "DJ Vegh, NewsHawk 5." For those who arent familiar with this bird, it is the scale JR Ecureuil fuse made to fit the Voyager which DJ painted to model a Phoenix area news helicopter. You can see pictures of the body and even videos of this actual body in flight on DJ's site - look under "scale" -

http://www.raptoronline.com

I bought this fuse from DJ just a few weeks back. Right after I got it, I fell into another new Ecureuil fuse which I started and will be modeled after our local News 13 heli. I started to do some touch up work on DJ's fuse - clean up the paint job, fill in some chipped paint, etc, etc all in hopes Id be finished for this weekend. But, its Friday and I still dont have it 100% completed for scale competition.

So as is, its in excellent shape. No damage to the fuse at all, and its entirely ready to bolt onto any JR Voyager heli in less than a few hours time. The only downside is the paint job isnt 100% finished. Like I said, I didnt get a chance to finish repainting all of the heli, but it has been started. It looks good as is, but for those interested in a show piece, all it needs is some 600 grit sandpaper, mask the markings and paint! The paint used was Testor's brand, Boyd series. The color is Kandy Purple Pearl. You can get it at any hobby shop, and even Wal Mart where they sell this brand of paint as well, and one more can will do the trick. If you just want a scale fuse to play with, this will work perfectly well right out of the box without any work except for installing it. Or like I said, you can finish what I started and have a really fine show model! And if you dont like the color or markings at all, the decals peel right off and you can paint it any way you want to!

Current pictures will be soon available for all those interested. Just to ensure all is well, I installed the body on my Voyager and just test flew it. It looks great! Im only selling it because I didnt get it finished and really would like to finsih up the other fuse Ive got.

Cost for this fuse new is $169, plus around $40 shipping from Cyberheli (Its only available in Japan currently). Its not easy to get most places, so it is a somewhat rare find for some. My price - $125 shipped to your door...thats over a $75 savings. I can accept PayPal.com or money orders, and shipping is included for the US. I can sell outside the US as well, but buyer pays actual shipping.

Email me direct for more info, current pictures (Still looks almost entirely as it does on DJ's web site!) and any other questions.

LVRCFlyer@aol.com

Thanks guys!

Jason
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread