Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,451 Posts
so how long until i can use one with my android device?
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:32 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk View Post
so how long until i can use one with my android device?
I guess it's just a matter of how many hours it would take to code it up.

What version of Android should we make it for?

My feeling on it has been that Android has been a bit tough, but I think things are improving a lot - so it's worth taking a look at.

Do you know any good coders? Maybe we could open source it. That would be the best way perhaps!

Check out the app section of our ZenWheels Website at http://zenwheels.com/free-app.html for app update news , or the Plantraco Microflight website Knowledgebase http://www.microflight.com/Knowledgebase or ZenWheels product info here http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...icroCar-ORANGE

Something will come up eventually - Those Samsung Phones are fairly good. I dunno - I really like the iOS platform, and our coders are pretty happy on iOS and less so on Android, but yeah, it's like the old "Windows" and "Mac" thing.

It's truly the best if we could serve our customers with what they want - so yeah an Android App version of the ZenWheels Commander App for Bluetooth and Wifi R/C would be a good thing.

I'm just typing this on the fly and it's pretty late at night, but thanks very much for your comments and requests.
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Plantraco; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:58 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,451 Posts
Personally, no i dont know anyone who could code for Android. I tried getting into it once, but without a background in programming, its very difficult to grasp such abstract concepts.
I have the Samsung galaxy S3 and love it very much! I also love tiny rc vehicles and all the functions you guys built into those cars are really cool. I could see myself trying to build the gear into a scale car or truck
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantraco View Post
I guess it's just a matter of how many hours it would take to code it up.

What version of Android should we make it for?

My feeling on it has been that Android has been a bit tough, but I think things are improving a lot - so it's worth taking a look at.

Do you know any good coders? Maybe we could open source it. That would be the best way perhaps!

Check out the app section of our ZenWheels Website at http://zenwheels.com/free-app.html for app update news , or the Plantraco Microflight website Knowledgebase http://www.microflight.com/Knowledgebase or ZenWheels product info here http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...icroCar-ORANGE

Something will come up eventually - Those Samsung Phones are fairly good. I dunno - I really like the iOS platform, and our coders are pretty happy on iOS and less so on Android, but yeah, it's like the old "Windows" and "Mac" thing.

It's truly the best if we could serve our customers with what they want - so yeah an Android App version of the ZenWheels Commander App for Bluetooth and Wifi R/C would be a good thing.

I'm just typing this on the fly and it's pretty late at night, but thanks very much for your comments and requests.
Hey Bud!

I'm glad you were able to get this made... sorry my TTTT trucks got destroyed and I couldn't help you out on the project, but it looks like you got a good handle on it...

Talk to you soon

Congrats!!
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:30 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
Hey Bud!

I'm glad you were able to get this made... sorry my TTTT trucks got destroyed and I couldn't help you out on the project, but it looks like you got a good handle on it...

Talk to you soon

Congrats!!

Hey Akura2

DUDE!

Glad to hear from you.

Call me up and I'll send you a freebie - you gotta see this thing!
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantraco View Post
Hey Akura2

DUDE!

Glad to hear from you.

Call me up and I'll send you a freebie - you gotta see this thing!
Hit me with a PM with the number and I will...

Thank a LOT man
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:29 AM
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantraco View Post
hey akura2

dude!

Glad to hear from you.

Call me up and i'll send you a freebie - you gotta see this thing!
ygpm...