SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:49 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,938 Posts
@muduck

Where did you save the file? Mine are available to me in a folder that I created on my Desktop.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:27 AM
Australia, NSW, Mt Hutton
Joined Jul 2007
144 Posts
pull them out and ran on a test setup
so i stripped down
motors are definitely seized
no smoke burnt smell no nuthin
would running them on an incorrect frequency or changing the frequency via Naza software have abnything to do with it - set up on 200 originally changed it up and down trying to see if any setting gave a smoother response - was doing a mod to the servo arm prior to hooking it back up to the software and was able to move the servo by hand and appeared normal
when I activated the gimbal setting the servo "jumped" then locked up solid
any digital servo experts out there
joeb56 is offline Find More Posts by joeb56
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:53 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region
Joined Mar 2007
78 Posts
so..my friend quad just crashed, there's no big damage at all, just some broken props, he told me that he fly indoors with ATTI mode, and his quad sometimes going up and down by it self (it's indoor so no wind at all) , and also he told me before he crashed his atti mode working well. does the crash damaged the naza ?
redblur is offline Find More Posts by redblur
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:47 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redblur View Post
so..my friend quad just crashed, there's no big damage at all, just some broken props, he told me that he fly indoors with ATTI mode, and his quad sometimes going up and down by it self (it's indoor so no wind at all) , and also he told me before he crashed his atti mode working well. does the crash damaged the naza ?
Prop wash is hell on any FC. Anything bigger than a Blade MQX shouldn't be flown indoors.

If he has a TON of space (think basketball gym) then he needs to adjust his gains and it will help with the up and down. If he is in prop wash then there is no fixing it.,
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:53 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,259 Posts
Still working on my FPV with OSD: I do think I had a failsafe at about 1:16. I was having difficulty with getting the throttle low enough, for long enough, to bring it down. I know i was going under 10% throttle, but was trying to bump it so as not to stay under 10% for more than the 3 secs (stop motor). I would like it much better if there was only a "disarm" and no auto/intelligent cutoff.
FPV height test (3 min 56 sec)
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:31 AM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Read point 13 and 14 in Naza's manual. You may need to set up the motor cutoff to "immediately". That way if you go below 10% throttle and your motors stop, by pushing the throttle back within 5 secs, the motors will restart, no stick combo is needed.

"By using Immediately mode to stop motors, in any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will stop immediately when throttle stick is back under 10% again. In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% in 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start;CombinationStickCommand(CSC)is no need.If you don’t push throttle stick after"
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:49 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
I am waiting on motors and ESCs. Going to build new quad using original Naza and GPS. I'll report if fixed my odd issue. Scrapping old quad, motors, and ESCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb56 View Post
there's a post from Tony97 Post number 14799 with the same problem that i have he is saying it happens when his pack is fully charged (has a short video)
Mine is doing exactly the same but pack appears to not be the issue
I didnt see any "fixes" in later posts
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
A friend of mine had me look at his DJI 450 today. Amber light blinks fast like not bound or in failsafe mode. Hooked to assistant. Naza communicating ok but transmitter not working. Rebound. The RX has solid light (AR8000). Still nothing in the assistant. Gimbal driving servos but TX not doing anything. Any ideas? D-bus is not selected.
Thanks,
Tony
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:54 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,938 Posts
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:09 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
I think it is amber in ATTI mode. if you switch to GPS, then it should blink green, or (red and green) until it gets a gps fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
A friend of mine had me look at his DJI 450 today. Amber light blinks fast like not bound or in failsafe mode. Hooked to assistant. Naza communicating ok but transmitter not working. Rebound. The RX has solid light (AR8000). Still nothing in the assistant. Gimbal driving servos but TX not doing anything. Any ideas? D-bus is not selected.
Thanks,
Tony
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:48 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb56 View Post
pull them out and ran on a test setup
so i stripped down
motors are definitely seized
no smoke burnt smell no nuthin
would running them on an incorrect frequency or changing the frequency via Naza software have abnything to do with it - set up on 200 originally changed it up and down trying to see if any setting gave a smoother response - was doing a mod to the servo arm prior to hooking it back up to the software and was able to move the servo by hand and appeared normal
when I activated the gimbal setting the servo "jumped" then locked up solid
any digital servo experts out there
I would be interested in why this happend as well
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:48 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,259 Posts
pajonate: I thought about "immediate". But with "intelligent" it at least doesn't shut off completely, as long as I don't stay under 10% for less than 3 sec. Although the manual is not real clear it appears as though your motors stop completely as soon as you go under 10%. I'm just not sure how fast the motors can start back up from a complete stop mode?
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:43 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,794 Posts
In 'immediate' mode the motors spin up instantly if you open the throttle again within 5 seconds. You need to be aware of that after landing - don't catch your neckstrap on the throttle stick as you bend over to pick your copter up ...

I've always flown with immediate cutoff.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
pajonate: I thought about "immediate". But with "intelligent" it at least doesn't shut off completely, as long as I don't stay under 10% for less than 3 sec. Although the manual is not real clear it appears as though your motors stop completely as soon as you go under 10%. I'm just not sure how fast the motors can start back up from a complete stop mode?
After motor start, move your throttle trim up so the motors don't shut down, when stick is at min. When done flying, move trim back down to shut down. I use this all the time and my motors will not shut down at min throttle.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:22 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
This looks like a good Idea for the NAZA GPS antenna!- http://www.gothelirc.com/shopdisplay...arch=yes&bc=no
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)