SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:41 AM
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
If you are using DJI ESC you dont have to worry about it.

If you are using ESC with built in BEC then you need to remove the red wire from the connector so you dont have 4 BEC trying to supply voltage to the Naza when its not required.

However I dont think this will be causing you any of your problems.

Have you tried calibrating your ESC direct from your reciever?

This will also prove that you have the motors and esc all connected correctly and have power at the ESC etc.

When you plug in themain flight battery to your Multirotor do you get the ESC beeps?

Have you tried watching any of the Set Up Videos at the begining of this thread and the other Naza GPS thread?
How do u calibrate it directly ? ):

Yes there is beeps sound when i plug in the flight battery

I did watched afew on youtube !
zappygon is offline Find More Posts by zappygon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined Aug 2011
52 Posts
quad flyng

my quad naza gps flying

my stable flying with quad (1 min 30 sec)
r2pardjo is offline Find More Posts by r2pardjo
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:54 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,704 Posts
You connect each motor separately to the throttle channel of your receiver. You power your Tx with the throttle at max. Then power the esc, motor and receiver. You will hear some chirps, then lower your throttle to min and you should hear confirming chirps. At that point I confirm that the motor spins as I advance the throttle. If it does, then I move to the next esc/motor. Do each motor in turn. Once they are all done independently you are ready to connect them to the Naza and the receiver to the Naza. In the Assistant you have the option to raise the start up motor speed. If they all do not start up equally, then raise the value until they do. Remember to click on "Write" after you make any change in Assistant. Test without props and then confirm that the speed is not too high at the field when you are ready to fly. I hope this helps you.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:09 AM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
You connect each motor separately to the throttle channel of your receiver. You power your Tx with the throttle at max. Then power the esc, motor and receiver. You will hear some chirps, then lower your throttle to min and you should hear confirming chirps. At that point I confirm that the motor spins as I advance the throttle. If it does, then I move to the next esc/motor. Do each motor in turn. Once they are all done independently you are ready to connect them to the Naza and the receiver to the Naza. In the Assistant you have the option to raise the start up motor speed. If they all do not start up equally, then raise the value until they do. Remember to click on "Write" after you make any change in Assistant. Test without props and then confirm that the speed is not too high at the field when you are ready to fly. I hope this helps you.

Ed, I have never done this on mine. Will it do me any good to back up and do it now after I have been flying and having no problems? Is this just so all the motors start turning together? I do notice one or two lagging on startup.
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:17 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert View Post
Ed, I have never done this on mine. Will it do me any good to back up and do it now after I have been flying and having no problems? Is this just so all the motors start turning together? I do notice one or two lagging on startup.
If you are using DJI esc's, this is not necessary. They are preprogramed at the factory. A slight lag, in my opinion is normal. If it is excessive then you can adjust the start up speed in Assistant or recalibrate the esc end points.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Oct 02, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:27 AM
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
connect eaach motor separately to the throttle channel of receiver? do i have to connect the NAZA MC and ESC at that point?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:32 AM
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
What does the pg11 STEP 10 means ? I did click OK then wait for 5secs then repowered. there was beep going on.
Then i go through everything then write everything. But quadcopter still cant fly !

AND just to ask. from the DJI NAZA,
A to Chn1
E to Chn2
T to Chn3
R to Chn 4
U to Chn 5

Am i right ?

AND my VU always flashes ORANGE when i disconnect it from the PC, but it still cant work!!
I have seen videos where the VU is flashing orange and able to fly
Last edited by zappygon; Oct 02, 2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:31 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
It is essential to make sure that you don't have any trims or subtrims set in order for the CSC command to work.

One day I went out to fly and the Quad just would not start. I eventually discovered that my Rudder dual rate switch had gone into low rates by accident (I am not using low rates and I even think that the low and high rates were set the same) but putting the switch back in the normal high rate position cured the problem in any case.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:08 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappygon View Post
What does the pg11 STEP 10 means ? I did click OK then wait for 5secs then repowered. there was beep going on.
Then i go through everything then write everything. But quadcopter still cant fly !

A to Chn1
E to Chn2
T to Chn3
R to Chn 4
U to Chn 5

Am i right ?

AND my VU always flashes ORANGE when i disconnect it from the PC, but it still cant work!!

A = Aileron
E = Elevator
T = Throttle
R = Rudder
U = a spare channel that you can use to switch between flight modes. Many people use the Flaps channel or the Pitch Channel if you set up with TX in Helicopter mode.
Plug them into the corresponding channels in your Rx if your not sure check your Rx/Tx manual thats what they are there for.

Naza flashes Red, Yellow and Grean only not Orange

Fast flashing Yellow can sometimes look a little orange i suppose.

Fast flasing yellow means your Naza has lost RC signal and is in Fail Safe mode.
So will not respond to your Tx.

This will explain why you have seen Naza flying with Fast Flashing Yellow, It is the Naza flying and not the pilot!

I dont want to be rude so please dont take this the wrong way but have you actualy read the Manual and also read this thread?

I spent along time reading this thread and the Manual at the same time so that by the time my Naza arrived i new exactly what to do.

It took me about 2 hours (with a hangover) to install the Naza on the quad, program it and test fly with great success.
All becasue i read this thread from start to finish, read AND made sure i UNDERSTOOD the manual before i installed the Naza.

What TX are you using?

If you have a DX8 then i could send you my settings
I followed Blade Strikes recommendations and set up the Tx in Heli mode so i could use the pitch curves to control flight modes.
It worked perfect exactly as Blade Strike described.

Find someone with the same TX and ask for some help.

Also

Post lots of photos of your installation showing us how you have connected the RX to the MC etc.
Show us some screen grabs of your DJI Assistant software from each page.
I am sure one of us will be able to spot a problem and get you going.

Better yet post a slow methodical and clear video showing us exactly what your problems are.

Believe it or not the Naza is a very user friendly system that 90% of the time works right out of the box.
I have spent countless hours with other FC's trying to get them to fly half as good as my Naza has right out of the box on stock settings.

A quad of any description is a big step for a complete newbie but with some research and patience the Naza is probably the best choice for you.

I hope we can help get you sucessfully in the air.

Ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:12 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappygon View Post

A to Chn1
E to Chn2
T to Chn3
R to Chn 4
U to Chn 5

Am i right ?

Does your flight mode switches line up in the Assistant? (Autopilot section... Attitude and Manual slider bar)
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:19 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
If he have a orange flashing his controler is not centered and/or is not at center point. The bind is ok as he is able to see the bars moving. Then if one of the these are happen he will not able to go to start up procedure.
Check trins and subtrins and set then to zero and the recalibrate your tx. When finish you will have the 1st bar at the left corner and all the other 3 at the center, after that at the assistent move the both sticks to the left bottom corner and see if they go all the way to the end, then unplug the mc from the computer and without props do a test to see if they arm.
Also while turning it on, do you hear any bip on the motors? This must happen to see if naza is able to see your esc.

Mauro

P.S.: almost forgot, at assistent your setup bar at the bottom is suppose to abe on Atti or manual or GPS, if it is in failsafe you will never get it running.
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Last edited by mauromassari; Oct 02, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:53 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromassari View Post
P.S.: almost forgot, at assistent your setup bar at the bottom is suppose to abe on Atti or manual or GPS, if it is in failsafe you will never get it running.
Exactly what I think is happening and the reason for my post above this. It's the cause of this problem 90% of the time and we have seen it dozens of times so far.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:04 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2pardjo View Post
waa....you hv to use a stick?......nice quad there...
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:07 AM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Aug 2012
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Exactly what I think is happening and the reason for my post above this. It's the cause of this problem 90% of the time and we have seen it dozens of times so far.
Actually he's stating he has a blinking orange light, which means either the Rx is not linked, or he's stuck in Failsafe Mode.
edugimeno is offline Find More Posts by edugimeno
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:31 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edugimeno View Post
Actually he's stating he has a blinking orange light, which means either the Rx is not linked, or he's stuck in Failsafe Mode.
Typically it's because the switch endpoints aren't right and no matter which position it is in, it hits failsafe.