Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:18 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Golds... being off topic is one thing but bumping your own off-topic post is a bit too far.

BTW, I bet it's a hell of a drive from Antarctica to Wisconsin... be safe and watch for sharks.
Are you saying you dont know what a Retro Encabulator is?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:39 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Are you saying you dont know what a Retro Encabulator is?
Is one of those whichyoumacallit things. Or thingymagigies
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:23 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
So far you seem to be the only one this bothers!
I seriously doubt that. I prefer to stay on topic. I'm guilty of an occasional off topic post but my signal to noise ratio is very good. This is a general and not meant to be answered question to everyone...what's your signal to noise ratio? Just think about that before you post.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Hey, that was great. NIce to see the other side of the world from the air.

Did you do that flight with visual contact of the quad, or FPV?

What camera and what setting did you use? The video quality was very sharp and smooth.

Thanks.
Thanks U2
no FPV yet ..just by LOS. Well , nothing special abt my setup:

GoPro V1
F450 GoPro Isolation mount
Pi/roll/yaw/ver = 140
both attis = 120
stock motors & ESCs
....& 10" Groupper....emm....I mean Graupner
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:51 AM
usual old know-it-all
Blackpool,U.K.
Joined May 2005
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
I seriously doubt that. I prefer to stay on topic. I'm guilty of an occasional off topic post but my signal to noise ratio is very good. This is a general and not meant to be answered question to everyone...what's your signal to noise ratio? Just think about that before you post.
well said,threads long enough without rubbish added
brodjack is offline Find More Posts by brodjack
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:05 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,496 Posts
Just For The Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
I try not to start any nonsense.
If someone mentions me in jest; I'll usually respond; but once or twice; and that's it.
In reviewing my posts, if it strikes me as too much off topic garbage, I delete it.
Goldsworthy picks up his trash too.
Can the rest of you say that?

Actually, there should be a ratio of contribution vs. wasting forum space.
It would be like the signal to noise ratio.

When I get asked the same question so many times that I have to post the answer in my blog, I think someone is wasting forum space.
And I'm not going to waste space with the same answer again and again...
And I also don't think we should be asked to do simple searching for a questioner...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Sep 19, 2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Off Topic Opinions (I'm leaving these up unless asked to remove...)
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:50 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
BOY! you all are lucky tonight! some fool put wireless internet in my motel room tonight!. I guess TJ forgot to call this one and have it removed!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:31 PM
fly to the moon :)
Canada, QC, Terrebonne
Joined Apr 2009
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
He is trying to hybird the Naza FC onto a bumblebee frame and esc's
exactly sir
aeroseb is online now Find More Posts by aeroseb
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
Thanks U2
no FPV yet ..just by LOS. Well , nothing special abt my setup:

GoPro V1
F450 GoPro Isolation mount
Pi/roll/yaw/ver = 140
both attis = 120
stock motors & ESCs
....& 10" Groupper....emm....I mean Graupner
Good eyes, CPM,
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:58 PM
fly to the moon :)
Canada, QC, Terrebonne
Joined Apr 2009
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
^This is true. If you do have a bumblebee FC, Naza answers may not help you. Clones are meant to be and are sold as the same exact thing but often times are not.
You right! In my mind it was clearly sure that i talked about the naza system but obviously,not too clear for everybody and i'm sorry.(i installed it on a bumblebee frame and i like to learn more on my FC)
aeroseb is online now Find More Posts by aeroseb
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:30 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroseb View Post
You right! In my mind it was clearly sure that i talked about the naza system but obviously,not too clear for everybody and i'm sorry.(i installed it on a bumblebee frame and i like to learn more on my FC)
No worries buddy. I will add that I have owened three Naza controlers as of now and a number of others two of the Naza's where non gps backed the latest is GPS backed. I will tell you from my passed exspirances with using non DJI ESC's everything from flashed to non flashed I had nothing but problems with the first two boards so bad so that one airship is MIA somewhere in Las Vegas along with some pretty pircey gear. The newest naza I said hell with it and went straight up stock DJI F450 30 AMP ESC's and DJI motors.It was a totally new concept it actually flew like a dream besides some PPM (sum) Graupner MX-20 radio problems and a one time flight that the aircraft locked into GPS Lock mode and did not come down till the battery gave out and fell from the sky. But other than that I am happy with the preformance. I will not be investing in of the after market flashed ESC's for any DJI FC boards.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:44 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
No worries buddy. I will add that I have owened three Naza controlers as of now and a number of others two of the Naza's where non gps backed the latest is GPS backed. I will tell you from my passed exspirances with using non DJI ESC's everything from flashed to non flashed I had nothing but problems with the first two boards so bad so that one airship is MIA somewhere in Las Vegas along with some pretty pircey gear. The newest naza I said hell with it and went straight up stock DJI F450 30 AMP ESC's and DJI motors.It was a totally new concept it actually flew like a dream besides some PPM (sum) Graupner MX-20 radio problems and a one time flight that the aircraft locked into GPS Lock mode and did not come down till the battery gave out and fell from the sky. But other than that I am happy with the preformance. I will not be investing in of the after market flashed ESC's for any DJI FC boards.
Interesting.....did you discover why the ESC's caused such problems? I too would stick to standard DJI 30A but need 40A for larger motor/prop combo.
jetstuff is offline Find More Posts by jetstuff
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Jan 2010
93 Posts
"Interesting.....did you discover why the ESC's caused such problems? I too would stick to standard DJI 30A but need 40A for larger motor/prop combo."

For what it is worth, i just put one together with Avroto m2814-11s and 12x 3.8 props on a Rusty 600 size frame and the DJI 30A don't seem to have any problems with the load. This is my first try with Naza and GPS and so far it is the best behaved multi i have.
azred is offline Find More Posts by azred
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
My quad and gogro are now someplace in the swamp/pond outside my hotel. I know where it splashed down and I went in looking for it but it's too weedy and there is zero visibility. It's gone. Bye bye $1000+. Bye Bye.

Short story is quad started flying off in one direction and I couldn't get control. I switched to failsafe and it didn't recover. I switched off failsafe and tried to manuallt recover but it wasn't responding correctly, it was still trying to fly off in one direction till it splashed down.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Aug 2012
280 Posts
Damn!! Terrible news... Was it under completly out of control, I mean, rolling and turning like crazy, or was it just going flat and stable while drifting? Was that a Naza?
Dude I'm sorry for that, we need to guess what happened so it doesn't happen again...
edugimeno is offline Find More Posts by edugimeno