HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:56 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Anodized aluminum motor extension for DJI F450 (4psc)
sku: PS1-FW450PLT

Motor extension plates for DJI Flame Wheel F450. These CNC machined aluminum plates bolt directly to the F450 motor arms and extend the motors enough to allow 11", 12" or 13" props. These plates can accept three different motor mounting hole sizes, 16mm, 19mm, and 25mm allowing for the widest variety of motor choices.

With these plates it's possible to lift heavier payloads such as DSLR cameras.

CNC machined, clean lines and all edges chamfered and/or radiused. These plates are anodized for protection against corrosion and to add visual appeal. The set comes with two RED anodized mounts and two BLACK anodized mounts. The RED ones are to be used on the red arms of the F450. Stainless Steel mounting hardware is included.

Features:
Adds 61mm to each motor arm
3mm thick 6061 Anodized Aluminum
16mm, 19mm, & 25mm motor holes
Red & Black Anodized
CNC Machined (Not Waterjet) They sell the replacement ones here-http://www.gothelirc.com/shopdisplay...i-copter+Parts
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:57 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
This is when I figured out the spacers that came with kit should be used
Yikes. What are these. I don't remember seeing any spacers between the motors and the arms in the instructions or the kit!

Two kits and one replacement main plate kit. Battery straps, screws, but no spacers. Don't see why you would need a spacer either.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Last edited by u2builder; Sep 14, 2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Checked again
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
GB Ox Gard

Check this out:

http://www.olypen.com/craigh/oxgard.htm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:43 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,000 Posts
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Yikes. What are these. I don't remember seeing any spacers between the motors and the arms in the instructions or the kit!

Two kits and one replacement main plate kit. Battery straps, screws, but no spacers. Don't see why you would need a spacer either.
Three frame kits and no spacers.
Robert was supposed to get me some extra bottom plates....
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
hii every one

i have a quadcoptere with naza

i used dji f450 frame

Motors: NTM Prop Drive 28-26 1200kv

ESC: Turnigy Plush 30A
Props: 9x4.7

transmitter: Turnigy TGY 9x

Battry: turnigy lipo 3000mAh 25-50c 14.8v

i setup the naza as seen in this vedio
How to set up DJI Naza step by step video with transmitter setup (12 min 19 sec)

the problem is the motors start in high speed

the motors not start from zero

its run too fast

كوادكوبتر (0 min 20 sec)

in the softwear i make it low

i want reduce the motors speed to start from zero... HOW?
mmnnxx101 is offline Find More Posts by mmnnxx101
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:49 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,000 Posts
mmnnxx101

Have you calibrated your ESCs with your transmitter?
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:25 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Spacers are not the same thing as extensions. Extensions are used to add clearance for larger props. If spacers were required they would be on the parts list and in the build instructions and diagram.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:28 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Dec 2000
593 Posts
Reflashing NAZA Firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
From DGI TECH SUPPORT if firmware seems "locked" and no connection with assistant. Use at own risk! Worked for me.

Pls short F1 and F2 to reupgrade firmware.

Thanks. Does that mean take a regular connector and connect F1 and F2? Yes

Should the MC be powered up when this is done? Yes, run assistant software to upgrde firmware.

Will this bring back my serial number? Yes

Will it be the software version I had before I tried the upgrade? The firmware matching your software.
Hi builder,

Just need a couple of clarifications.

First the "shorting". Does it mean that you take a jumper with a 3-pin male on each end and then plug one end of it into F1 and the other end of it into F2? This would be like "Short F1 TO F2".

Second, after making the "Short" connection from F1 to F2, do you THEN plug the flight battery into the quad? Should the TX be already on?

After making the battery connection is there any indication that the "reflash" has occured? Beeps? LED blinking?

Finally, after this, do you then disconnect power, remove "shorting" plug, and rehook it up to the computer using the latest "Assistant"?

Many Thanks,
Bob
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
The above procedure only needs to be done if your firmware upgrade had some sort of problem and has rendered your Naza unusable. This is NOT part of the normal firmware upgrade process.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:47 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandris View Post
Hi builder,

Just need a couple of clarifications.

First the "shorting". Does it mean that you take a jumper with a 3-pin male on each end and then plug one end of it into F1 and the other end of it into F2? This would be like "Short F1 TO F2".

Second, after making the "Short" connection from F1 to F2, do you THEN plug the flight battery into the quad? Should the TX be already on?

After making the battery connection is there any indication that the "reflash" has occured? Beeps? LED blinking?

Finally, after this, do you then disconnect power, remove "shorting" plug, and rehook it up to the computer using the latest "Assistant"?

Many Thanks,
Bob
Hi Bob,

I did this only when my Naza would not communicate with my Assistant. Mine got screwed up when a firmware update got interrupted. Basically, when I turned on the TX and then powered up Naza, and then connected Naza to the computer, nothing happened. No blinking lights on VU, no blue light on Asssitant, nothing except as I remember a terrible continuous beeping sound.

At that point I followed the procedure as per DJI and I believe as you repeated it. At some point it is going to ask you to repower the MC. Press OK .....AND THEN WAIT AT LEAST 5 SECONDS before you repower it!

I don't remember any special flashes but probably the VU flashed like it normally would when you boot up. Basically, Assistant came alive again and asked me if I wanted to upgrade, which I did with no problem.
Last edited by u2builder; Sep 14, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:56 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
Spacers are not the same thing as extensions. Extensions are used to add clearance for larger props. If spacers were required they would be on the parts list and in the build instructions and diagram.
I didn't get the spacers with my F450 a few months ago but I did get them with my more recent F550. There is nothing about them in the manual.

I believe the reason for them is that sometimes, the motor mounting screws can damage the inside of the motor if they are tightened too much. The spacer shim is an easier (cheaper) fix than producing new injection moulds for the arms.
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:50 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
I am not sure why the spacers work I just know that when I first assembled my f450 one motor would not turn and the other would jitter. When I removed the motor from the arm it would run fine. Did a search on web and found info somewhere, not sure where, of someone using small washers between motor and mount. That is when I found the mystery plates in my extra parts pile and figued out what they were for.
Sportpilot Marv is offline Find More Posts by Sportpilot Marv
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:55 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
I would say if all your motors are running the spacers are not neccesary. Not sure if I needed to waste everyone's time saying that but someone may need to know.
Sportpilot Marv is offline Find More Posts by Sportpilot Marv
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:41 PM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportpilot Marv View Post
I am not sure why the spacers work I just know that when I first assembled my f450 one motor would not turn and the other would jitter. When I removed the motor from the arm it would run fine. Did a search on web and found info somewhere, not sure where, of someone using small washers between motor and mount. That is when I found the mystery plates in my extra parts pile and figued out what they were for.
Right off hand I would say they(DJI) made a bad batch of arms that were moulded wrong and included spacers to fix the out of level motor mounting surface. Otherwise, why don't all the kits have the spacers? I have had all the motors on all three of mine tightened down and they run fine.
My biggest problem was the bullet conectors on the F550 not being soldered correctly, causing the flipping problem.
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:34 AM
Mad ExperiMentalist
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Jan 2011
143 Posts
Wonderful views and relaxing music!!
DJI F450 Flamewheel 450 GPS Spektrum DX6i Return To Home Home Lock RTH IOC Naza Test (8 min 40 sec)
mikerxer is offline Find More Posts by mikerxer