SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Jan 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Multiwii? NAAAA! I don't think the safety of the park is ready for Goldsworthy to be flying with a Multiwii .
men I had multiwii.. was my first and really is pain have decent flight.. I know NAZA I am in love with it.. But I noticed with naza if I fly with gps atti and home lock.. without course lock.. after been flying in that way if I switch back to atti, naza become crazy.. you have to be flying some decent altitude just to have time to stabilize it , if you are so close of ground or trees you will have crash as I had.
luisgcu is offline Find More Posts by luisgcu
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:14 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,482 Posts
Hey guys I have a naza with gps and I love it. I'm planning on buying another and putting it on a Y6 or hexa frame for shooting some clear vibe free video. So my question to you guys it's what does the naza fly better Y6 or hexa and which frame is more vibe free?
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:37 AM
Cape Coral, FL
Joined Nov 2001
1,898 Posts
Got my Y6 working - dumb mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post
Hi...I had the same problem as you did. Same ESCs flashed with SimonK firmware. Granted, it didn't take 50% to get them to spin up. I asked on the forums about this and was told that it happens sometimes with those ESCs flashed and was told to just fly it. The NAZA with compensate as it lifts off. I was skeptical but gave it a try anyway. What's the worst that could happen? Flip over and break a couple of props. Well, did it by coaxing the throttle a bit as it was getting ready to lift off and it did just fine. It did wobble a bit on liftoff as the NAZA compensated.

Now, saying that, I'm not telling you to do that, just letting you know that I had a similar experience. Dont want any, "he told me to do it!".

If the following happens, then I'd say you have the same issue. Start up the quad via CSC and bring the throttle up to about 20%. Let it run for a bit. Do the motors slowly degrade? Slowly lose RPM?

I recently decided to change the ESCs over to HK F-30A flashed with the newest firmware and they are much better!!!

I would not blame the NAZA until you try other setups.

Hope this helps.
Wow, this thread flies along at warp speed!

I got my Y6 working. It was a dumb mistake by me which was difficult to trace after all the ESC's were neatly jambed between the plates. I accidently mis-labelled the M3 and M4 motor plug wires and could not detect it, even after checking many times. Uhhhgg.

Thanks to all who helped, and here's all the details on my build log, along with a video of what it's supposed to do.

There was no issue with the Naza, or the SimonK flashed ESC. Just me.

Derek
DerekB is offline Find More Posts by DerekB
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:48 AM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Hi all

At last I have my Flamewheel 450 with Naza working with Turnigy 9x. The craft responds to all controls except that it won't actually rise off the floor (just picks up various legs as expected in response to the other controls!). Is that because my end point is too low at 100% for the throttle or is it because I am using the 8 inch props? What are the preferred end points for throttle with either 8" or 10" props? I assume all other controls should be 100%?

Yes, pesky Newbie again!
alan2 is offline Find More Posts by alan2
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:33 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
451 Posts
I have quadruple checked everything, but I'm gonna tear it apart again tonight and recheck.

If at first you don't succeed......etc. Great that you've solved it at last.......
As mentioned in other threads, the best combination would be to use the 30Amp ESC from DJI...... no BEC to disable, no 'flashing' etc... surely that's only needed when you build a bigger quad with motors that need a higher current ESC.....as i'm about to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB View Post

I got my Y6 working. It was a dumb mistake by me which was difficult to trace after all the ESC's were neatly jambed between the plates. I accidently mis-labelled the M3 and M4 motor plug wires and could not detect it, even after checking many times. Uhhhgg.

Thanks to all who helped, and here's all the details on my build log, along with a video of what it's supposed to do.

Derek
jetstuff is offline Find More Posts by jetstuff
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:49 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I'm afraid I can't let you do that Dave."
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB View Post

Derek
So how does it flies?
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:22 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan2 View Post
Hi all

At last I have my Flamewheel 450 with Naza working with Turnigy 9x. The craft responds to all controls except that it won't actually rise off the floor (just picks up various legs as expected in response to the other controls!). Is that because my end point is too low at 100% for the throttle or is it because I am using the 8 inch props? What are the preferred end points for throttle with either 8" or 10" props? I assume all other controls should be 100%?

Yes, pesky Newbie again!
DJI says Use 10" props with 3S lipos, 8" with 4S. I have my throttle range at 100%. I have all endpoints at 100% for that matter, except for three way switches that engage GPS/A/M where it is necessary to change endpoints.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Last edited by u2builder; Sep 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:17 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,886 Posts
You Need To Tell Us More...

Quote:
Hi all

Yes, pesky Newbie again!
Is your Flamewheel 450 all stock?
So, you're saying that even at 50%+ throttle, the airframe does not rise off the floor?
Also, don't test indoors.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Sep 12, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
265 Posts
Alan,
You may want to double check that you have the props in the right position (clockwise & counterclockwise) and also make sure the motors are turning in the correct direction.

Quote:
Hi all

Yes, pesky Newbie again!
nike25 is online now Find More Posts by nike25
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:52 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,886 Posts
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25 View Post
Alan,
You may want to double check that you have the props in the right position (clockwise & counterclockwise) and also make sure the motors are turning in the correct direction.
I was waiting on a reply, but agree...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jul 2012
214 Posts
Hi All...

Long time, well a few weeks for sure, and things have been going OK with my X650.

I wanted to see if I could get a little more out it based on the weight. As you may recall, I was overweight some for the configuration.

I was running 10/4.5 carbon props and just not received 11/5 Graupner props to see how it goes. (reminder that I did not have heat issues and the SunnySky 980 motors do say they can take up to 11/5 prop.)

So my question is this...What changes, if any, may I need to possibly be looking to make to the Naza settings vs what I was currently flying at with the 10/4.5 props? (85/85/120/160 - 100/100 currently) I guess, with the larger props, I should be telling the Naza something but not sure what considerations I need to make.

Thank you all.
David Bott is offline Find More Posts by David Bott
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:39 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Fly it and see how it handles. There is no input for prop size into the Naza.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jul 2012
214 Posts
Thanks. Yup, knew that. Just was not sure it would be something like...well if you are X then expect maybe to have to raise it or drop it X based on the prop size. More or less checking to see if maybe someone had been though a prop size change and what they maybe had experienced in regards to the programming.

Once I have winds that are to 20mph and more or less clam, hard as we are currently in Michigan, then I thought maybe I would set the the main gains to my X1 channel and be able to test in real time and then see where they end up by moving the dial to change the settings "on the fly".
David Bott is offline Find More Posts by David Bott
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:54 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
If you are in ATTI then 50% will be hover, regardless of thrust. As far as gains, they are so different from identical machines it's impossible to guess.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites