HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:17 AM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
can that mentioned above be enable only if we have the GPS module?
You have to have GPS in order for this option to work it has to know where its going. Now without GPS set failsafe to land and when it goes into failsafe it will stop and hoover the land no matter where its at which could be over anything at the time like water a road tall trees and so on. But at least it would not be MIA.
STORMYWEATHER is offline Find More Posts by STORMYWEATHER
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Something still does not seem correct. When I turn off radio it alwasy goes back to only one of the failsafe tabs in the assistant software windows. Does it matter which of the failsafe tabs light up its always the one on the right between manual and atilt modes see posted picture and I have the go home and land option check. Can someone enlighten me on this before I do a madian.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:34 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMYWEATHER View Post
Something still does not seem correct. When I turn off radio it alwasy goes back to only one of the failsafe tabs in the assistant software windows. Does it matter which of the failsafe tabs light up its always the one on the right between manual and atilt modes see posted picture and I have the go home and land option check. Can someone enlighten me on this before I do a madian.
No, it does not matter which one.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMYWEATHER View Post
Is does not matter. Just one of the failsafe needs to be highlighted.
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:36 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
No S.....

I tried to upload the new version. It got interrupted. Now I have no software at all and the controller and machine is DEAD.

The green light blinks and beeps continously. It keeps asking me to repower the controller but this does nothing except ask me again in an endless circle. So I have no software at all.

Help!
It got worse. After a while I had no green light at all. It would not bring up an active Assistant or sign me in. It just beeped continuously. I called my dealer who suggested rebooting the computer. Heck, I tried a whole different computer with freshly downloaded software and driver. Still nothing. DEAD as a doornail . I pretty much figured it was back to China.

I emailed DJI Tech Services. They were asleep during the day, and I couldn't sleep during the night. Around 2AM I got an email from a DJI Tech. He said jumper the F1 and F2 connectors in the MC, turn on the TX, power up the machine, and then do the update.

Ba da bing, ba da boom. Worked like a charm. Upgraded. It even brought back my original settings. Flies Great. Good trick if you have no light, no communication, and a continuous beep. Remember it.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:51 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
It might be because I switched the wires to the one wire PPM SUM setup before the upgrade and it was getting unexpected rx signals.[
I expect to get my FrSky V8R7-SP RX and TX module for my 9C to address my poor range with my 72MHz setup. The RX has 7 channels and the PPM.

To use the PPM do you just connect the PPM channel on the RX to the X2 port on the MC like it shows for Futaba S Bus in the diagram. If so, anything else?

On my Futaba RX I have my LED lights plugged into channel 8 just to get power. They are not switched or anything. With the traditional RX they could be plugged into any unused channel. If I do the PPM thing, can I plug the lights into one of the other channels on the RX to get power?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:54 AM
NoLgs2StngArmsBigHeart!
USA, TX, Kilgore
Joined Apr 2010
601 Posts
Right to Post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
+1, Really getting OLD. Nothing wrong with fun now and then but Enough is enough and no longer funny. Get a Facebook account goldsworthy.

I hear Ritalin works well too for lonely seniors with few friends and useless spastic outbursts!!

Seriously, people come here for Naza assistance and info, not goldsworthy entertainment.. Maybe start your own thread and talk to/entertain yourself!! Members here have to sift through your BS looking for info!! It really is getting out of control and this thread is long enough!!!
Looks like You are a LONG time poster Yourself! If You don't like this Thread, Maybe You are the one that needs to LEAVE!...Newbies that talk like that usually get called down & asked to speak when spoken to!...Take a Hint....JJ........P-S....If you can't afford to loose, Don't Play Hard Ball!
JJtr1954 is offline Find More Posts by JJtr1954
Last edited by JJtr1954; Sep 01, 2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: 'Cause I Can!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:20 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Secret Information!

Quote:
It got worse. After a while I had no green light at all. It would not bring up an active Assistant or sign me in. It just beeped continuously. I called my dealer who suggested rebooting the computer. Heck, I tried a whole different computer with freshly downloaded software and driver. Still nothing. DEAD as a doornail . I pretty much figured it was back to China.

I emailed DJI Tech Services. They were asleep during the day, and I couldn't sleep during the night. Around 2AM I got an email from a DJI Tech. He said jumper the F1 and F2 connectors in the MC, turn on the TX, power up the machine, and then do the update.

Ba da bing, ba da boom. Worked like a charm. Upgraded. It even brought back my original settings. Flies Great. Good trick if you have no light, no communication, and a continuous beep. Remember it.
First time I've heard this ANYWHERE!
This is really valuable information!
Might be Gouge worthy if we can figure out what it actually does.
Any theories, guys?
The red and black leads are already common to each other.
Shorting the signal leads must facilitate a reset or something...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Aug 31, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:35 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Like most modern computers, the firmware probably has a backup in case of corruption during an update. The jumpers simply tell the controller to load from this backup.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:53 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
First time I've heard this ANYWHERE!
This is really valuable information!
Might be Gouge worthy if we can figure out what it actually does.
Any theories, guys?
The red and black leads are already common to each other.
Shorting the signal leads must facilitate a reset or something...
I was going to say something like that, that is a hads-on with you don't have any communication with Naza.
+1 on that
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauro
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Attn: Tony97

Check out these previous posts
re: addition to Gouge
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:25 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Secret Information!
I was tempted to use that exact title. I knew it was "good stuff" when it worked. Happy days are here again. Several nice flights with no adjustments required. The tech wasn't sure if it saves settings, but it appeared to do so.Thanks.

I went to download the newest firmware for Naza. The download got interrupted. Now I have NO software and when I power the MC all I get is a beeping tone and no green light. What can I do? Thanks.

Joe,
Pls short F1 and F2 to reupgrade firmware.

Does that mean take a regular connector and connect F1 and F2?
Yes

Should the MC be powered up when this is done?
Yes, run assistant software to upgrde firmware.

Will this bring back my serial number?
Yes

Will it be the software version I had before I tried the upgrade?
The firmware matching your software.

I assume my settings will be lost, correct?
Not sure.

Settings seem to have been recovered!
Last edited by u2builder; Aug 31, 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added communication with tech
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,581 Posts
TJ,
disregard my PM's - I managed to get it to work ok.
Tritan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:49 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
I expect to get my FrSky V8R7-SP RX and TX module for my 9C to address my poor range with my 72MHz setup. The RX has 7 channels and the PPM.

To use the PPM do you just connect the PPM channel on the RX to the X2 port on the MC like it shows for Futaba S Bus in the diagram. If so, anything else? No that's it
On my Futaba RX I have my LED lights plugged into channel 8 just to get power. They are not switched or anything. With the traditional RX they could be plugged into any unused channel. If I do the PPM thing, can I plug the lights into one of the other channels on the RX to get power?Yes, I'm pretty sure you can still pull power of the other channels. I don't have the V8R7-SP so I can't verify, but from the manual it looks like ch 1-7 still function as normal.
answers in red
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
I was tempted to use that exact title. I knew it was "good stuff" when it worked. Happy days are here again. Several nice flights with no adjustments required. The tech wasn't sure if it saves settings, but it appeared to do so.
Could you screen shoot your PID settings and post them. Are you flying a 450 flame wheel 10 inch props.