HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:37 PM
Canada, ON, Brockville
Joined Sep 2004
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
GW, he has to calibrate the Tx. He cannot do that without the 1.6 software for Assistant. You got a spare copy in your back pocket?
You can get v1.06 here.

http://photoshipone.com/dji-naza/dji...ort-downloads/

Bob
Bob valley is offline Find More Posts by Bob valley
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:48 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,193 Posts
Do A Thorough Job!

Quote:
Ok, I am game, but I am flying out to the Tahoe house tomorrow and I am not sure that I will get a chance to fly before then. Sorry Guys, you know I love to be a beta tester.
Ed, I appreciate your willingness to test the upgrade for us.
Please do your normal, attention to detail treatment of this and report back on any quirks, glitches, etc.
If you come back and just say "it works", I'll probably still be nervous.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:50 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob valley View Post
Thanks, Bob
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:51 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
Ed, I appreciate your willingness to test the upgrade for us.
Please do your normal, attention to detail treatment of this and report back on any quirks, glitches, etc.
If you come back and just say "it works", I'll probably still be nervous.
TJ where is the love? When I test it I will give you more that "It works".
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:53 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,193 Posts
Great!

Quote:
TJ where is the love? When I test it I will give you more that "It works".
Thanks!
And we do love you
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:59 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,871 Posts
Not goin' there. Just kidding. Thanks, TJ!
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:36 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
Saratoga, CA USA
Joined Dec 2000
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Here are just a few examples I found in one thread here on RCG. I have them on my F550 with a 45C 4S 5000mah battery. No problems to report so far. BTW if you go this route, don't buy knockoffs and buy the crimper they sell... I switched over my heli and 5 batteries in a matter of 15-20 minutes.
This new crimper (Andy Crimp Pro) will crimp 15amp to 75amp Anderson Powerpoles:

http://www.hamcq.com/powerpoles/powe.../prod_485.html

Bob
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
OK Folks thanks for the links because 1.6 is not on the DJI page anymore. Think I will save the zip on one of my external hard drives. Got communications up and going and saved all the settings that are on the board now. Now all I like is getting my failsafe to work. I had it working on my first two nazas way back but cant seem to get it to work with the new gps and firmware. I will do somemore reading and hopefully get it wiped.
STORMYWEATHER is offline Find More Posts by STORMYWEATHER
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:58 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,193 Posts
Upgrade

I'm starting to try to comprehend what the upgrade entails:
Since we now have a gimbal output frequency choice, someone refresh my memory as what it was previously, permanantly set to.
Is it safe to assume it was 50Hz (= analog servo pulse speed)?
Also, one of you pioneers (Ed, maybe) explain the steps it's taking us through on page 36.
Is this merely pushing a calibrate button and observing the the new values fall withing the values in "Tips"?
That is, of course, if they don't already fall within the values in "Tips".
Or, should we recalibrate frequently like we do with the compass?
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Aug 30, 2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Added comments.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Jul 2012
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post

No, it's just getting really annoying watching you $#!+ up this thread.
+1, Really getting OLD. Nothing wrong with fun now and then but Enough is enough and no longer funny. Get a Facebook account goldsworthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I recommend 20mg valium
I hear Ritalin works well too for lonely seniors with few friends and useless spastic outbursts!!

Seriously, people come here for Naza assistance and info, not goldsworthy entertainment.. Maybe start your own thread and talk to/entertain yourself!! Members here have to sift through your BS looking for info!! It really is getting out of control and this thread is long enough!!!
naturecannon is offline Find More Posts by naturecannon
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined May 2004
716 Posts
Just downloaded the new update to my Naza/GPS on my beater quad. The process went very smooth. It only took a few minutes. I exported my settings and did screen shots of all pages to be safe. After the new assistant and new firmware was added, it remembered all my settings. I tried to do an import but it wouldn't allow since different versions. All good though because it remembered all settings.

If all goes well I will update my other hex with the NAZA and GPS. This is the one I really am hoping for good gimbal results on.

I will go test fly (in the dark) real quick.

I'm glad we have a new update. This will hopefully put this thread back on the NAZA GPS topic.

In a week or so I will update the gouge master .pdf based off the imputs from google docs. If you have something to contribute to it, please do it soon. We will need to add the new updates (1.8) to the gouge.

Tony
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:49 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
4 months or so ago I got my uncle a witespy's quad with his intention to get a camera in the air from 0 RC experience...

this is one of his first videos.

fun to watch someone learn and become successful.... now flying a Naza in the quad

Westmont High School From the Air (2 min 51 sec)
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined May 2004
716 Posts
Good Test

Well just did a quick flight with the new firmware update. Felt fine just like before. This quad doesn't have a gimbal on it. Since the update seems good, I will update my hex and test the gimbal out.

I got all blinking green (GOOD GPS) within about 20 seconds of power up. I did another compass cal prior to flight. It worked perfect the first time. Flew in all modes. Feels the same as it did with the older firware. I was happy with the way it worked before and still happy. I am looking forward to seeing what the new gimbal update did. Boy I hope it is smoother.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:20 PM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
+1, Really getting OLD. Nothing wrong with fun now and then but Enough is enough and no longer funny. Get a Facebook account goldsworthy.

I hear Ritalin works well too for lonely seniors with few friends and useless spastic outbursts!!

Seriously, people come here for Naza assistance and info, not goldsworthy entertainment.. Maybe start your own thread and talk to/entertain yourself!! Members here have to sift through your BS looking for info!! It really is getting out of control and this thread is long enough!!!
+ another 1
mewert is offline Find More Posts by mewert
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:24 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
696 Posts
I just tried the new firmware. I regretted it almost immediately when the upgrade failed and my MC and the assistant stopped responding. I had to try all the tricks. Different power sequences, restarting assistant and PC, then it finally went through. It might be because I switched the wires to the one wire PPM SUM setup before the upgrade and it was getting unexpected rx signals. I didn't realize the rx had to be connected to do a firmware upgrade. But I put it back to the old setup and it worked. Or maybe it was using Tahoe Ed's power sequence that helped. I was trying so many things I don't even know what did it.

Anyways, got it going and flew a few test flights and it was flying pretty well. I don't have much to compare it to since I've only had my Naza for a couple weeks and was still trying to dial it in. It seemed to fly a lot smoother when yawing in FFF (which is what I'm trying to dial in) but that might just be because it was pretty calm today. The PPM sum worked with my Frsky Rx, looks a lot cleaner. I didn't try the IMU calibration but it was flying well so I left that for later.
Cervanchez is offline Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Last edited by Cervanchez; Aug 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM.