Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
Hmm. I have the 9x with the FrSky module installed. How do you do this?
Start here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1358068
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Ok would someone chime in here and help me get a quick start on setting up GPS. I have owned two Naza's in the past but its been sometime. I just need a little refreashing and then some help with the GPS setup. First question switch assignment do I need to assign two three way switches or one two way and one three way switch to activate all the modes. Someone please chime in and get me underway. My new Naza has arrived and wanting to get it setup. It is already built just need to setup my MX-20 and the GR-16 rx'er.I am going to calibrate the DJI ESC's to my radio's throttle first off.
Seems like a real informative bunch here huh. I have some of the same questions. But it looks like the group is more into other stuff besides the Naza GPS and helping others out. Stuff like totally off topic videos that are posted everywhere on the internet already if thats not enough they want it here also lol.
STORMYWEATHER is offline Find More Posts by STORMYWEATHER
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jul 2012
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepelell View Post
what ATTI gain are you using? that video is sure wobbly.. was there wind ? i hope with the new fiw they have sorted out the wind wobbles a bit.
when you start gaining more confidence, start lowering your atti gains, the craft need to be more "relaxed" to get smoother video.. it won't hover in front of your nose and you will need to work harder to make it behave, but at least it won't be jerky.
100 on ATTI gains...85 on the basic gains. If you think that is wobbly, you should see what it was like before way back in the thread with all the twitching. And yes, their was wind as you you can see by the flags.

Thanks
David Bott is offline Find More Posts by David Bott
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:47 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMYWEATHER View Post
Seems like a real informative bunch here huh. I have some of the same questions. But it looks like the group is more into other stuff besides the Naza GPS and helping others out. Stuff like totally off topic videos that are posted everywhere on the internet already if thats not enough they want it here also lol.
10 minutes prior to this post I did give him some information helping him out the best I could given I don't have the same TX/RX combo he does. It's extremely hard to know EVERYTHING about EVERY different combination of EVERY component that goes into these fantastic little machines. It's even harder to answer them in under 20 minutes because you know, some of us like flying and real lives outside of the forums.

Also it's pretty inconsiderate for you to say that "this group" is more about posting pictures and videos when in reality it is only one or two people. The rest of us are doing our best to support fellow hobbyist.

BTW, how much have you paid the answers/advice given? I have given countless people, you included, information and taken the time out of my day to answer people and so far I have only made $0.00. My apologies if those answers aren't as fast as you would like or if I don't know everything you need to know. Take it out of my paycheck.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:48 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
20 minutes then a bump? Seriously? I am sorry the overpaid help isn't fast enough. If you are in that big of a hurry then do a forum search, you know that question has been asked at least once.

Aside from you just asking a minute ago, the reason it hasn't been answered is because that isn't a extremely popular TX/RX. I'm sure the manual tells you how it should be done in a very general way and when you look and play with the Assistant it becomes pretty obvious. I personally have ATTI/MAN/GPS all on a three way switch because I never plan to use the failsafe for anything other than an emergency. Some people put another switch on a mix to force a TX-ON failsafe so they don't have to turn off their TX off to initiate. This is a good idea if you plan on showing off how your Naza lands itself to friends... gives you a chance to regain control when something goes wrong.
Good job! I think what the good helpers need here is a Donate button!. I hope it isnt getting too wet in Texas with that storm.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
20 minutes then a bump? Seriously? I am sorry the overpaid help isn't fast enough. If you are in that big of a hurry then do a forum search, you know that question has been asked at least once.

Aside from you just asking a minute ago, the reason it hasn't been answered is because that isn't a extremely popular TX/RX. I'm sure the manual tells you how it should be done in a very general way and when you look and play with the Assistant it becomes pretty obvious. I personally have ATTI/MAN/GPS all on a three way switch because I never plan to use the failsafe for anything other than an emergency. Some people put another switch on a mix to force a TX-ON failsafe so they don't have to turn off their TX off to initiate. This is a good idea if you plan on showing off how your Naza lands itself to friends... gives you a chance to regain control when something goes wrong.
Thank you that seems like the easiest thing to do is use only one 3way for now. I will setup that way for now. And can change when I change over to PPM. Now I cant find a answer on Calibrating the DJI ESC's I used after market flashed ESC's on the last two Nazas I had. So do I have to Calibrate each motor esc to my throttle.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Thank you that seems like the easiest thing to do is use only one 3way for now. I will setup that way for now. And can change when I change over to PPM. Now I cant find a answer on Calibrating the DJI ESC's I used after market flashed ESC's on the last two Nazas I had. So do I have to Calibrate each motor esc to my throttle.
DJI ESCs (30A Optos) that come with the kit do not need to be calibrated. Plug and play.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:04 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
DJI ESCs (30A Optos) that come with the kit do not need to be calibrated. Plug and play.
Thank you again and I was sure I had read that before and thats the answer I really wanted to hear.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Good job! I think what the good helpers need here is a Donate button!. I hope it isnt getting too wet in Texas with that storm.
I don't mean to comes across like a [censored] nor do I expect any pay, a little patience and understand would be nice though

Then again... I doubt many people would opposed to handing over their paypal address if donations were being handed out.

No water here in Texas yet, because of the hurricane the average wind speeds have been 10+ all day and night keeping me grounded. I need more testing in calmer winds before I am confident with my new props/power system.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
But wait I am confuessed again. How can I use manual mode, gps mode, alit mode, plus ioc off, ioc corse lock, ioc home lock, All with only one 3way switch set up.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:17 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
But wait I am confuessed again. How can I use manual mode, gps mode, alit mode, plus ioc off, ioc corse lock, ioc home lock, All with only one 3way switch set up.
Two switches? Once for the Flight Modes and one for IOC.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:17 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,281 Posts
Quote:
Manual, ATI, GPS mode on one three position switch. Corse and home lock on a two position switch.

You can also setup a two position switch that overides the FM you are in and goes to fail safe. This is a much better option for testing RTH than turning the Tx off.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:21 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Manual, ATI, GPS mode on one three position switch. Corse and home lock on a two position switch.
Or a 3 position so you can have "OFF".
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:28 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,281 Posts
Quote:
Or a 3 position so you can have "OFF".
Correct. 1000 ways to skin this cat.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:56 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Correct. 1000 ways to skin this cat.
Ok I am getting somewhere now. Lets see if this is correct. With my RX'er I have 1 thru 4 setup on my A E T and R. Then my ch5 is the U channel 3way switch, ch6 Slider switch to chang PID's ch7 x2 3way switch. Now the u output will be the switch to change from gps,alit,manual. Then x1 is the slider that I can change remote adjust in the assistant software to chane pids in the feild. x2 will be a 3way to change from home lock to course lock or just off. Am I getting close.
Thanks guys