SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
If only this forum had an FPV section you could post questions like this in.

No, it's just getting really annoying watching you $#!+ up this thread.
I recommend 20mg valium
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
So, looking at pg 15 of the new manual it says "If you use S-bus/PPM receiver, the communication of A, E, T, R, U, X1 and x2 channels are all throught he D-Bus/PPM channel"

I assume this means the X2 input since that is where it shows the s-bus connection in the diagram on page 8.

The whole PPM thing is confusing because what they are really reffering to is combined PPM or PPM sum. The Naza already supports/supported PPM for each individual channel.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:55 AM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
So, looking at pg 15 of the new manual it says "If you use S-bus/PPM receiver, the communication of A, E, T, R, U, X1 and x2 channels are all throught he D-Bus/PPM channel"

I assume this means the X2 input since that is where it shows the s-bus connection in the diagram on page 8.

The whole PPM thing is confusing because what they are really reffering to is combined PPM or PPM sum. The Naza already supports/supported PPM for each individual channel.
Are you planning on playing with it today?

Let me know if you get it working. Getting rid of the gob of cables between the FC/Receiver would make everything so much cleaner, and allow for people to mount them farther apart. I'm really hoping this works well with the FrSky. I know that timecop has been trolling DJI for this support for the past year.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:57 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
Are you planning on playing with it today?

Let me know if you get it working. Getting rid of the gob of cables between the FC/Receiver would make everything so much cleaner, and allow for people to mount them farther apart. I'm really hoping this works well with the FrSky. I know that timecop has been trolling DJI for this support for the past year.
Yes, hopefully I'll have some time to try it today (gotta newborn at home). I will post my results.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:14 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
BTW for anyone that cares:

To make it even more confusing, the PPM that we are referring to is actually PWM. If you put a Rx output onto a scope, you will see the width of the pulse chages with stick input, NOT the position of the pulse. But for some reason in RC they call it PPM instead of PWM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:18 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:

Thank you for explaining that to the masses. Now lets all get together and see if it works. My new Naza/GPS is on the ups truck for delivery. I really want to hook my 16 ch rx'er up in the PPM SUM configeration. That way I can use everything to it maximum potential.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Last edited by kd4wen; Aug 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:23 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
Thank you for explaining that to the masses. Now lets all get together and see if it works. My new Naza/GPS is on the ups truck for delivery. I really want to hook my 16 ch rx'er up in the PPM SUM configeration. That way I can use everything to it maximum potintal.
potintal?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:25 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Someone please refreash my memorey. Do I have to calibrate each DJI esc and motor to my tyx'er throttle. I was thinking that with the DJI ESC's you did not have to do this. Or did I just dream that up from wishful thinking.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:43 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
potintal?
Its a Southern thing did not expect you to understand lol
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:04 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post
Hi All...

I just wanted to share this video as a thank you to all of you for your help with suggestions etc in regards to the issue I was having with my X650 twitching. What I mean is, I know it has nothing to do with you all in regards to the video itself, but this is the type of video I will now be able to shot in our travels that I would not be able to before.

So, guys...thank you all for your help. (And note the onlookers in the video are behind a fence.)

Thank you.
what ATTI gain are you using? that video is sure wobbly.. was there wind ? i hope with the new fiw they have sorted out the wind wobbles a bit.
when you start gaining more confidence, start lowering your atti gains, the craft need to be more "relaxed" to get smoother video.. it won't hover in front of your nose and you will need to work harder to make it behave, but at least it won't be jerky.
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:11 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Ok would someone chime in here and help me get a quick start on setting up GPS. I have owned two Naza's in the past but its been sometime. I just need a little refreashing and then some help with the GPS setup. First question switch assignment do I need to assign two three way switches or one two way and one three way switch to activate all the modes. Someone please chime in and get me underway. My new Naza has arrived and wanting to get it setup. It is already built just need to setup my MX-20 and the GR-16 rx'er.I am going to calibrate the DJI ESC's to my radio's throttle first off.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:
BTW for anyone that cares:

To make it even more confusing, the PPM that we are referring to is actually PWM. If you put a Rx output onto a scope, you will see the width of the pulse chages with stick input, NOT the position of the pulse. But for some reason in RC they call it PPM instead of PWM.
I found this article explaining the relationship between PWM and PPM. They explain it well and easy to understand.

http://www.endurance-rc.com/ppmtut.php
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:31 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Ok would someone chime in here and help me get a quick start on setting up GPS. I have owned two Naza's in the past but its been sometime. I just need a little refreashing and then some help with the GPS setup. First question switch assignment do I need to assign two three way switches or one two way and one three way switch to activate all the modes. Someone please chime in and get me underway. My new Naza has arrived and wanting to get it setup. It is already built just need to setup my MX-20 and the GR-16 rx'er.I am going to calibrate the DJI ESC's to my radio's throttle first off.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:52 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,852 Posts
Apology

Nothing but RC from here on...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: If You Don't See It Here...
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:13 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
20 minutes then a bump? Seriously? I am sorry the overpaid help isn't fast enough. If you are in that big of a hurry then do a forum search, you know that question has been asked at least once.

Aside from you just asking a minute ago, the reason it hasn't been answered is because that isn't a extremely popular TX/RX. I'm sure the manual tells you how it should be done in a very general way and when you look and play with the Assistant it becomes pretty obvious. I personally have ATTI/MAN/GPS all on a three way switch because I never plan to use the failsafe for anything other than an emergency. Some people put another switch on a mix to force a TX-ON failsafe so they don't have to turn off their TX off to initiate. This is a good idea if you plan on showing off how your Naza lands itself to friends... gives you a chance to regain control when something goes wrong.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites