HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:58 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
For those still using Deans connectors, these make soldering a breeze if you have a decent iron:

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...Coupler/Detail
u2builder is online now Find More Posts by u2builder
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Peter
Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Gothenburg
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
That could be a concern depending on your soldering iron and skills. The plastic is actually a nylon and takes quite a bit more heat than other connectors.
But most of the problems caused from soldering is that it is not heated enough, especially if its done by inexperienced people. I was trained in soldering in the militaries where every solder was checked with microscope. But even if i got a lot of training and practicing, still I don't like the XT. And I really don't like the method of soldering bullet connectors that are taughed here and on instructions vids on youtube.
RolandGarros is offline Find More Posts by RolandGarros
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Just for curiosity

When an RX experiences Failsafe, I assume that when the signal is restored the pilot has full control.

If an RX failsafe triggers the Naza into a failsafe, and the plane starts its ascent and return, is there a way for the pilot to interrupt the sequence and regain control? Of course the pilot would not know if the glitch was over. Could you switch the manual failsafe switch off and on and see if you had control? Or does it complete the entire sequence no matter what?
u2builder is online now Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:04 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Deleated
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Last edited by goldsworthy; Aug 30, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:10 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,671 Posts
Uneducated Bullet Connector Soldering

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandGarros View Post
But most of the problems caused from soldering is that it is not heated enough, especially if its done by inexperienced people. I was trained in soldering in the militaries where every solder was checked with microscope. But even if i got a lot of training and practicing, still I don't like the XT. And I really don't like the method of soldering bullet connectors that are taughed here and on instructions vids on youtube.
+1 on improper bullet connector soldering
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: If You Don't See It Here...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
deleated
Last edited by goldsworthy; Aug 30, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jul 2012
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
When an RX experiences Failsafe, I assume that when the signal is restored the pilot has full control.

If an RX failsafe triggers the Naza into a failsafe, and the plane starts its ascent and return, is there a way for the pilot to interrupt the sequence and regain control? Of course the pilot would not know if the glitch was over. Could you switch the manual failsafe switch off and on and see if you had control? Or does it complete the entire sequence no matter what?
I have tested this. If you can get control back. First be sure you are at or above 50% throttle. Then you move it in and out of GPS hold to manual and then back to GPS hold. (Assuming you were in GPS hold mode.) It is the moving of that switch of control mode that will take it out of failsafe once activated.

Again...be sure you are at 50% or more.
David Bott is offline Find More Posts by David Bott
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
For those still using Deans connectors, these make soldering a breeze if you have a decent iron:

Which connectors are you using there is like 50 differant ones.
STORMYWEATHER is offline Find More Posts by STORMYWEATHER
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Deleated
Last edited by goldsworthy; Aug 30, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,671 Posts
Failsafe

Quote:

For a switched Failsafe, when you turn off Failsafe, you have to cycle the FM switch to regain control of the craft. See page 21 of the Naza Manual and the tutorial video by Testfly. Below is a link to a related post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3365
A turned off transmitter is sort of a switched Failsafe. Since I've not tried this braveheart move, someone needs to chime in and tell us if the FM switch cycling is necessary when you turn your transmitter back on.
I'm not sure what you do when you are experiencing a true signal lost Failsafe, and the re-establishing of trans/rec communication is not under your control.
I have not seen a video (probably because this would be rather hard to initiate).
I do know that several posts have described strange behaviors under these circumstances (you're one of them).
Perhaps these posts will generate some feedback.
I'm curious too.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: If You Don't See It Here...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,671 Posts
Deleted
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Aug 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:11 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,467 Posts
Quote:

I use these all the time. It really helps, especially with 6S lipos.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:16 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
still no news on the Naza firmware update that improves the gimbal controls?
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,467 Posts
Guys, I know that this thread for some of you is your form of social media, but can we stay on topic. Hint, Hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. OK?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:56 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Well, I guess it could have been worse! he could be useing Sunny Sky motors!
you actually think the DJI motors are higher quality and better QC than SunnySky motors?

Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Last edited by Adidas4275; Aug 29, 2012 at 09:24 PM.